Your thoughts on the game?

Cosgrove had the Blackshirts ready to play tonight. 315 total yards with 74 coming on that final meaningless drive. If it wasn't for Blthye the Cyclones wouldn't have done anything at all. They couldn't run on us so they basically had to be one dimensional. The offense came in and put on the beat down. Brought in the big backs and just punched them in the face. Glenn and Jackson both looked good as did Lucky coming out of the backfield. Purify is so smooth and another solid game by Taylor. Good win by the Big Red.

Do you think Barney said his stupid "Who's the real Big Red" comment again.

OUTSTANDING GAME! The Huskers looked great on both sides of the ball. Zack Taylor had that great TD pass to end the 2nd quarter. Our offense lost some rythum there in the 3rd and begining of the 4th but our D stepped it up tonight and I couldn't of been happier. Cody Glenn had a terrific night and so did B. Jackson. The O-line did great opening up the holes for them. Like I said, great game and a great win for the Huskers. Hopefully they will move up in the polls this week and dominate K-State this saturday. GBR!

:bonez:bonez:bonez

:restore:restore:restore

Both Jackson and Glenn had good yards after contact. Yards after contact add up. Do the math. Hyskers ran the ball 45 times tonight. If you can average 2 YAC, that is 90 yards.

The second half had my fingers bleeding. A lot of questionable calls on both sides. Great running by C Train and BJax. Does anyone know why our secondary does not look back for the ball??? Is that a coaching thing? I was a baseball player and looked over my shoulder for a flyball. :dunno Still a win though.

GBR GBR GBR

Unless there's a "ball!!!" call, you read the eyes and stuff. If you haven't turned yet, try to get away with face blocking. If you're talking about those short passes though, those were because they were all 10 yard comebackers. Pretty easy ten yards when you're playing against a man D, which is why we started bringing our LB's/Safeties and which is why in the 4th quarter Meyer didn't have very good numbers.

Nice win for us. We need improvement in some areas but overall I'm happy. I especially liked the fact that our Defensive coaches brought the house and put some pressure on the QB. That was key to our win. I hope we do that when we're playing Texas. Agressive defensive playcalling. I also liked the running game. Glenn and Jackson are two guys who can find the hole or change direction and find the path of least resistance. A great game for those two Huskers.

Next up, K State,,, let's go Huskers.

I guess I am not convinced the D was better. It sure looked like the corners were very beatable. A position we need to recruit like crazy in my opinion.

There's no disputing the secondary is weak. Gotta give a "Wha-wha!" to Grixby though for his first INT.

Yeah, considering he is usually farther away from the ball than Millhouse is away from a potential date.

1. Good to see Cos getting more time for Turner, Steinkuhler and Suh. If we rotate the D-Line more often, we really open up a blitz package.

2. Loved the fact that Thenarse got on the field in nickel situations. I love watching him and Culbert on special teams, and I think they bring much needed athleticism to the secondary. Don't be afraid to go nickel, Cos!!!

3. Important to run the ball like that. KSUcks and UT are good run defenses - I'm glad we are starting to run the ball better.

4. That being said, I am still baffled at the decision to put the caps on the passing game. ISU is a HORRIBLE pass defense, yet we basically threw out the playbook. BC sometimes calls a very confusing game.

5. WE WON ON THE ROAD!!! This was a huge confidence-builder for us. The Blackshirts got some redemption, we dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides, and we didn't make any big mistakes. This was a good rebound win after a pretty poor performance last week. Now let's build on it and beat the living sh#t out of KSU.

:box

It was a pretty conservative game plan, but it got the job done and that's all I care about......Our defense did better than last week however; our secondary definately still looks suspect. Gotta give Grixby a hand for his first INT of the season!!! :clap Was seriously impressed with Glenn and Jackson and Glenn is just a freakin horse of a running back!!! We didn't contain Blythe very well, but our offense managed the clock well which kept him and Meyer off of the field most of the night which was very good. Our running game just dominated them......we could almost run at will it seemed.....Purify.........that catch was absolutely amazing and crucial you are the man sir!!!! :worship

Coach Kevin - You make an excellent point about YAC. Doesn't matter much when you're playing Troy but it sure does matter in Big 12 play. YAC will continue to be very important as the conference season gets further along.

If you are consistently going down on the first hit, that's not going to get it done when you're trying to take the North and win the Big 12 too.

Great track speed sure is nice...but I'll take solid speed and someone that consistently gives the offense some good YAC.

Let's roll C-Train!!

Thanks Licensed,

I never played football and have never really talked indepth about defensive play and techniques. I can only draw on what I hear from players and see during a game. I did not consider the short passes due to the lack of time between the throw and catch. The long balls are why I asked the question mostly through my own ignorance and curiosity. Never the less, we all bleed HUSKER FOOTBALL.

GBR

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

Watching the D Backs not looking back and not knowing where the ball is has always driven me crazy. I wish they would go to the school of thought that's used in basketball to always know where your man is and where the ball is at all times.

Cagey receivers, just like cagey basketball players can always burn a defender who doesn't know where the ball is. One trick is to simply act like the ball isn't coming until the very last second and when the ball sails over the fooled defender you reach out and grab the ball.

ISU's last touchdown last night is the perfect example of why the way NU coaches that technique doesn't work.

Also, Purify needs to be on the field every play he will draw a lot of attention. Even if they don't throw to him he is a great decoy

I think if we're smart, we won't use him as a decoy...but as a legitimate threat every time he's on the field. That guy is good, we just haven't really utilized him yet and I think he'ready! He is going to be very talked about come next season, especially with Keller.

Not to take away from this great season, but I think we are a legitimate threat to win the championship next year with basically our whole offense back and a year better.

But back at hand, ISU didn't show up....NU did, plain and simple!

Cheers! :cheers