Scott Frost

K-State coach Ron Prince is well aware of the Huskers’ potential on offense.

“They go into each game and decide how they’re going to play that game, how it needs to be played, and they are very functional in that they can play a different style of game whenever they need to,” Prince said.

The secret weapon for K-State in stopping Nebraska could be none other than a former Husker. Scott Frost, a QB at Nebraska during 1996-97, is the Wildcats’ defensive graduate assistant.

“This is a big game for Coach Frost. He’s had this one marked on his schedule I think for a while,” K-State free safety Marcus Watts said. “We’re going to try and go out there and get him a win.”

:hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm

I'm sure he will have his game face on and be doing all he can to help K.St win the game. Deep down inside thou I don't think he can ever not cheer for the Huskers. He may not show it but when we win, he will be happy for the program. When you grow up instate and love the Huskers by the time most of us started to walk it doesn't change no matter what your doing or where your at.

GBR!!! ;)

First of all, those who question Frost's intelligence really need to do some research. He scored a 32 on his ACT which was really high back then (hell I got a regents with a 27). It was a lot sooner than 32's were really matched like in todays standards. Second, you also need to do your homework on Gill. Gill in his day was the last to make it to practice and the first to leave. He was described as being lazy as a coach back in the glory days of the mid 90's.

It's been said and I agree that there's no way Frost comes in as a coach under BC. Frost was pretty critical of BC. The odds of Frost coaching under BC are about the same as Bo Pelini coming back and coaching under BC. As long as BC is coach and Pud is AD, I think there's a better chance of it snowing in hell than Frost coming back here.

Those of you hailing Scott Frost, I just have one question. Were you the same guys calling him a traitor back in 1993? Frost was one hell of an athlete. He was just the 7th player in D1 ball to throw for 1000 and run for 1000 in a single season. He is smart and he's athletic. He had the fastest 10 yard dash speed on the team his senior year. I have no doubt he'll make a great coach one day, but I also have no doubt that he'll never coach under BC.

I don't fault Frost for accepting a job at K-State, even though I can't stand K-State. I do think it's good for coaches to experience other programs before getting head coaching positions. Regardless of whether Gill or Frost ever gets the head job at NU, I think it's great that they learned other ways of doing things.

I always found it interesting that Solich waited until after he had lost his job at NU before he went out and learned from other coaches and experienced other ways of doing things.

Agreed, plus I'm sure KSU isn't exactly his dream job. It's just a stepping stone. Scott won a championship for us both on the field and with the things he said after the game that I'm sure swayed a few coaches to vote our way.

What was that he said to the coaches?

"...if you had to play either Nebraska or Michigan and your job depended on the out come of the game who would you rather play..."

I'm sure I totally screwed up what he said but it was something quite similar.