SIGNED: RB Collins Okafor

What are amber alerts?

By the way, good news.

Omaha Westside running back Collins Okafor received a call from Osborne on Wednesday. They made no plans to meet in person, but Okafor looks forward to meeting the new coach to talk about what offense Nebraska may run.

“It was just like any other Nebraskan would tell you it was to talk to Tom Osborne — it was great,” Okafor said. “I’m sure he’ll pick the right guy for the job.”

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/1...e0671904517.txt

• 4 weeks later...

This one has me worried. I have this strange feeling that he is headed to Iowa. I sure hope not!

No worries Blackshirtsguru, yesterday Iowa landed their third RB for this years recruiting class so I dont think they will be taking Okafor anymore

Yeah I just noticed that like 5 mins ago! :lol:

Well, hopefully he is still TRULY interested in us and doesn't just accept us as a runner-up. I would rather him be happy going some place else than come here and be unhappy.

***Update*** 01-10-08 Okafor is still coming to Lincoln to visit but has stated that he will not be conducting ANY interviews with any part of the media. I think what will really help is that Collins FINALLY meets his position coach Blake. Those two hopefully will strike up a FAST friendship and that will make Collins feel more comfortable about coming to Nebraska afterall.

***Update*** 01-10-08 Okafor is still coming to Lincoln to visit but has stated that he will not be conducting ANY interviews with any part of the media. I think what will really help is that Collins FINALLY meets his position coach Blake. Those two hopefully will strike up a FAST friendship and that will make Collins feel more comfortable about coming to Nebraska afterall.

John Blake came back to coach RB's? :rollin:rollin:rollin:sarcasm

From what I am reading I am pretty sure this kid is going to Stanford. He made some comments about the Head Coach being a Defensive guy, and the RB's coach knowing how WR's work. They were all positives about the coaches but those little comments have me thinking he's Stanford bound.

From what I just read on Scout, they eluded to the opposite. Who knows what to believe.