SIGNED: RB Collins Okafor

I am not sold that the "press" conference is a definite bad sign......... although he has never actually decommited, he has visited other schools, and this is widely known..........He may possibly want to make it official in front of his friends and teammates that he will be attending NU....I would assume that most of the local kids want him to stay in LIncoln, so they will be excited and cheering....yes, a little bit of an ego thing......

If he announces Stanford, I think some students will "boo"........so why would he set himself up for the "bad press".........

Just a thought...........

I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's gone and will commit to Stanford...

why would he need a press conference to announce he's not changing anything?

ego........ego.........ego. lots of kids like this today.

Us talking the guy up for 2 years doesn't help either ;).

I am not sold that the "press" conference is a definite bad sign......... although he has never actually decommited, he has visited other schools, and this is widely known..........He may possibly want to make it official in front of his friends and teammates that he will be attending NU....I would assume that most of the local kids want him to stay in LIncoln, so they will be excited and cheering....yes, a little bit of an ego thing......

If he announces Stanford, I think some students will "boo"........so why would he set himself up for the "bad press".........

Just a thought...........

I hope they would not boo if he picks Stanford...can't blame a student going there. Hell, I probably would if I had a chance! :)

I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's gone and will commit to Stanford...

why would he need a press conference to announce he's not changing anything?

ego........ego.........ego. lots of kids like this today.

Us talking the guy up for 2 years doesn't help either ;).

correct Dave, but unfortunately the hype for high school kids has gotten bigger every year or so it seems.

i don't see scheduling a PC is because of and only because of a big ego.

Being a top prospect in NE, he probably gets asked a lot of questions about it. Announcing like this will hopefully put a stop to everyone asking him where is planning on going.

'course, if he doesn't pick NE every will just ask him why he's going somewhere else... but i see some non ego related reasoning to it.