SIGNED: RB Collins Okafor

See ya. He is Stanford bound. If he was going to go to Nebraska he would reaffirmed his previous committment. His reponses spoke volumes. A new head coach that is a defensive guy and his position coach was a receivers coach at Kansas. Time to move on and start looking at Plan B, whomever that would be. If we get Lamichael, his loss will not hurt that much.

I'm still trying to figure out why he needs a press conference. When your final choices were Stanford, Nebraska and at one time Iowa, I don't think many news outlets will really care to attend.

Personally, will not hurt my feelings any for him to head West.

I hear ya! I was thinking the same thing. I guess his mother is a Stanford alum and it has a great medical school. That is just what I hear. It appears that this kid kind of likes the spotlight alittle too much. He is only a 3 star recruit correct? Sometimes I wonder if he thinks he is a "blue chipper". :dunno

If Collins chooses Stanford over NU, it most certainly is for academic reasons. Stanford is one of the best universities in the world, and I am sure that Collins isn't deciding to go there because of their football program.

If this is indeed the case, then I wish him luck, and applaud him for choosing a world-class education.

As much as I would like him at NU, I don't see it happening.

I'm still trying to figure out why he needs a press conference. When your final choices were Stanford, Nebraska and at one time Iowa, I don't think many news outlets will really care to attend.

Personally, will not hurt my feelings any for him to head West.

I hear ya! I was thinking the same thing. I guess his mother is a Stanford alum and it has a great medical school. That is just what I hear. It appears that this kid kind of likes the spotlight alittle too much. He is only a 3 star recruit correct? Sometimes I wonder if he thinks he is a "blue chipper". :dunno

Using the "defensive minded coach" mantra doesn't hold water because with most defensive minded coaches they want a strong running game to control the clock and Coach Pelini has stated as much. Okafor's ego was bruised when he didn't hear from Coach Osborne soon enough. At that time I thought he was headed elsewhere. We'll find out this afternoon.

What time is his press conference?

3:30 p.m. at Westside High School in the Warrior Room. I for one am tired of hearing about him to be honest with ya. The kid already commited once. Then de-commited. Then went on Nebraska Televison and whined about TO not speaking to him yet. Then after he visits TO he tells the press that he will not comment anymore on his decision. Takes a trip to Iowa, Stanford and Nebraska. The day following his trip to Nebraska HE creates a presser to announce his commitment. Sorry but I laugh when I actually think about it. It sounds like this kid will need his ego stroked A LOT. I don't think Bo will do that with any player he has at Nebraska. If he goes to Stanford then good for him. North and South runners are a dime a dozen in my opinion.