Wow some great Nebraska fans you are...

IT IS NEVER ONE PLAY. We may like to believe it, but a team has to put themselves in the position to make it come down to the wire in order for fans to think it came down to one play. Dammit.. Did you see that hit. He is an all american DB and that was one of the cleanest hits on his hands and the ball i have ever seen. He had both hands on it. Get over it.

Turnovers is an issue that needs to be addressed. To blame the loss on that play is just laughable and probably doesn't even deserve a real response, but there you have it anyway.

Sorry, you're wrong...that play single-handedly resulted in Nebraska losing the game...it's quite simple really...now if you want to be logical about the situation consider this...had Nunn made the catch and gotten the first down...is it possible that we could have fumbled the snap or made some other mistake that resulted in a turnover?...yes, absolutely...but we will never know because that didn't happen...what did happen, Nunn fumbled and THAT was the reason we lost the game...

why is this so hard for everybody to figure out and accept?

Perhaps because it isn't quite correct.

Yes, Nunn fumbled. But there were two other turnovers that resulted in 10 points. Had those not occurred, Nunn's fumble would be irrelevant. The reason we lost the game is because we made mistakes - not a single mistake.

You're right that there were turnovers that resulted in 10 points...but at the time in the game that Nunn fumbled, that was in the past...we were ahead in the game with 2 1/2 minutes to play, just needed a few yards for a first down and we eat the rest of the gameclock...instead, Nunn fumbles and that play becomes THE reason we lose the game from that point....

You've just changed your argument, though. You first claimed it was "the reason we lost the game" for the loss. Now you're saying it is the reason ""from that point..."

Oh brother... :bang whatever dude...with 2 1/12 minutes to go, a fumble like that while we have the lead and gives them the chance to win with a field goal...it pretty much becomes THE reason

Its not "THE reason", its only "THE 2nd to last reason" we lost. The other earlier mistakes where just as much "a reason" as Nunns fumble, not to mention the last mistake - not calling a timeout at 2 minutes to go and saving a minute to allow us to try to score again! I'm not blaming the loss on coaching either - there was plenty of great coaching in this game that got us back into it during the 2nd half!

Turnovers is an issue that needs to be addressed. To blame the loss on that play is just laughable and probably doesn't even deserve a real response, but there you have it anyway.

Sorry, you're wrong...that play single-handedly resulted in Nebraska losing the game...it's quite simple really...now if you want to be logical about the situation consider this...had Nunn made the catch and gotten the first down...is it possible that we could have fumbled the snap or made some other mistake that resulted in a turnover?...yes, absolutely...but we will never know because that didn't happen...what did happen, Nunn fumbled and THAT was the reason we lost the game...

why is this so hard for everybody to figure out and accept?

Perhaps because it isn't quite correct.

Yes, Nunn fumbled. But there were two other turnovers that resulted in 10 points. Had those not occurred, Nunn's fumble would be irrelevant. The reason we lost the game is because we made mistakes - not a single mistake.

You're right that there were turnovers that resulted in 10 points...but at the time in the game that Nunn fumbled, that was in the past...we were ahead in the game with 2 1/2 minutes to play, just needed a few yards for a first down and we eat the rest of the gameclock...instead, Nunn fumbles and that play becomes THE reason we lose the game from that point....

You've just changed your argument, though. You first claimed it was "the reason we lost the game" for the loss. Now you're saying it is the reason ""from that point..."

Oh brother... :bang whatever dude...with 2 1/12 minutes to go, a fumble like that while we have the lead and gives them the chance to win with a field goal...it pretty much becomes THE reason

Its not "THE reason", its only "THE 2nd to last reason" we lost. The other earlier mistakes where just as much "a reason" as Nunns fumble, not to mention the last mistake - not calling a timeout at 2 minutes to go and saving a minute to allow us to try to score again! I'm not blaming the loss on coaching either - there was plenty of great coaching in this game that got us back into it during the 2nd half!

Clock management was definitely an issue at the end. Not calling a t/o w/ 1:15 and then calling a t/o w/ :37. I also question whether challenging the fumble was correct or not. Maybe a last gasp effort to try to get the ball back. Then do you ice the kicker in snow for a 23 yarder? Icing is proven to work about 10% of the time. Who knows.

Clock management was definitely an issue at the end. Not calling a t/o w/ 1:15 and then calling a t/o w/ :37. I also question whether challenging the fumble was correct or not. Maybe a last gasp effort to try to get the ball back. Then do you ice the kicker in snow for a 23 yarder? Icing is proven to work about 10% of the time. Who knows.

Not too keep hashing this out, but I came across this quote this afternoon:

On using two timeouts in the final minute to challenge a Texas play: We thought possibly that ball had come off one of the receivers' foot and came up in the air, but evidently it hit the ground. It was worth the challenge, and it also served the purpose to freeze the kicker at the same time.

Link

Thinking back to it, I did see the ball bounce back up and I believe Tierre Green grabbed it. That may be what he's referring to.

On using two timeouts in the final minute to challenge a Texas play: We thought possibly that ball had come off one of the receivers' foot and came up in the air, but evidently it hit the ground. It was worth the challenge, and it also served the purpose to freeze the kicker at the same time.

Link

Thinking back to it, I did see the ball bounce back up and I believe Tierre Green grabbed it. That may be what he's referring to.

Ruud caught it.

Link

Yeah, I remember that play too. Initially it almost looked like it did, but the replay was clear that it wasn't. My question is, don't our coaches have replay in the upstairs boxes to review the play quickly to determine whether they have a legitimate arguement, or do they just have to challenge based off of what they saw, what their players say, and gut instinct.

OK, I admit, I too freaked when he put it on the ground, but I would have done that if it had been my brother, or myself. He just needs to shake it off and get ready for the Cowpokes. I feel an even bigger factor in the game was not calling a T.O. 'til there was only 30-something seconds left on the clock. He burned two for the kick anyway. Calling them right after Texas got the ball back could have slowed their momentum and readied our defense.

Sad loss to a great team, and the mutual respect shown on the field between these 2 schools shows what true sportsmanship and a well-played game should be played like, unlike the Miami fiasco. Kudos to both schools.