So Cal Fire

Just in case skersfan checks in there is a huge fire burning near here. It started north and east of his house down in the desert. Arson is suspected and four firefighters have died. Rumor has it they are evacuating Idylwild where skers lives(thick smoke). The fire has burned to the bottom of the mountains where I live and my wife has packed all our stuff in the car just in case. I was on emergency triage call up until about 2 hours ago. Positive thoughts from everyone THX.

GBR

Sorry to hear that Raw. Damn, 4 FF's killed? that sucks bad. Sounds like its getting out of control. Must have some erratic winds making the pattern unpredictable. Be careful and leave early - dont wanna get caught in that traffic.

And a fifth, I believe that is burned over 95% of his body. The prognosis is not favorable.

Stay safe, those near the affected area!

Thanks for all the concern guys. WE really appreciate it.

We were able to get to the house yesterday and it is still all there. The fire came within about 100 feet of my house. These fire fighters are unbelieveable. Angels dressed in dirty yellow!! I can not even begin to express my gratitude for what they have done. My beautiful mountain area is gone. It looks like a moonscape. But the home and the area around my house ares safe and undisturbed.

My friend lost his house. He had just finished building an new three story 5000 square foothome. It burnt to the ground with no insurance. That is the problem living up in the mountains in California, no fire insurance. We don't have it either.

Again thanks for the concern, Patti and I really apprciate it.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words AR.

Rick, I will get in touch towards the weekend.

All, if you can please include the families of these fallen heros in your prayers. So sad, that so many lost so much and these young kids had to die for some idiot playing with fire.

This happens every fall. For the life of me I have no idea why someone would want to do it. Four firemen and a fifth that if he survies will never have a normal minute. 57 homes at this time, and most without fire insurance. Not to mention the wildlife that fell and the animals of the homes that burnt. Sad situation, still have not rapped myself around it yet.

But we are safe and our home is to. Thanks again for all the warm comments and prayers.