Cosgrove

All I've heard so far is the blackshirts led the nation in sacks last year. That still does not cover up for every team breaking some sort of record when they play against this defense. Most of those sacks came in the early part of last year when we were playing cupcakes. What about the teams in the big Xii that have no business racking up yards against NU. Like Kansas last year and this year?

Wisconsin fans are STILL laughing at us.

Nah, I am pretty sure that would be dumb.

It bugs me to no end on how fans are ready to just throw people aside.

THEY HAD A BAD GAME. PERIOD. Let's not go apesh#t.

Sometimes I wonder if coaches laugh at how far off fan's opinions are from what is really going on with the team. Sometimes, it has to be laughable.

I believe Bowden said tonight, "If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting by them."

They had a bad game???? Do you not remember what happened last year after the Texas Tech game? They lost 3 of 4 after that and gave up HUGE chunks of yards in the process!! Now that was last year, I understand that but look at the KU game from earlier this year when they gave up over 600 YARDS to a team that has NO BUSINESS gaining more than half that total if the defense was COACHED well!!! COSBOHL has no business being a DC PERIOD and take that piece of crap DB's coach with ya!!! How that guy continues to have a job is beyond me. Thank you for letting me rant.

Sometimes I wonder if coaches laugh at how far off fan's opinions are from what is really going on with the team. Sometimes, it has to be laughable.

I believe Bowden said tonight, "If you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting by them."

They had a bad game???? Do you not remember what happened last year after the Texas Tech game? They lost 3 of 4 after that and gave up HUGE chunks of yards in the process!! Now that was last year, I understand that but look at the KU game from earlier this year when they gave up over 600 YARDS to a team that has NO BUSINESS gaining more than half that total if the defense was COACHED well!!! COSBOHL has no business being a DC PERIOD and take that piece of crap DB's coach with ya!!! How that guy continues to have a job is beyond me. Thank you for letting me rant.

Actually, consensus among the people in the know is that the DB's technique is fine. I say keep elmo, the players seem to like him.

Actually, consensus among the people in the know is that the DB's technique is fine. I say keep elmo, the players seem to like him.

So "the people in the know" like the corners playing 12-15 yards off the ball EVERY play and giving up 10-15 yards per play? I realize why they are doing that but just once can we play bump and run, just once??? Oh I forgot that was back in the good old days when we were giving up 500 yards to 1 player (Brad Smith)!!

are you kidding me?? hell, after watching grix's technique someone should damn sure be fired..it is pathetic! never, ever looking back, throwing his hands up in the face of the receivers and getting flagged...getting constantly burned......sh#t, the db technique is as poor as the talent......pitiful

and after watching the defense surrender huge yardage to KU and OSU, how in the hell do we call that progress? injuries aside, cos has shown he has no imagination or ability to change things up...he is coaching like a guy who is trying to just hang on and keep his job......seriously, i hope he does leave next year, he couldn't motivate a piss ant to come in out of the rain......i don't understand his coaching philosphy this year at all.......

hunter

So "the people in the know" like the corners playing 12-15 yards off the ball EVERY play and giving up 10-15 yards per play? I realize why they are doing that but just once can we play bump and run, just once??? Oh I forgot that was back in the good old days when we were giving up 500 yards to 1 player (Brad Smith)!!

You ever played corner before? You familiar with any kind of technique in playing the position or are you just talking smack? I am guessing the latter.

You really think a corner like Grixby could get away with playing a guy 2 yards away from the line of scrimmage? Wanna see someone get beat on a post or a go? Try it and let me know how it works out for you.

We all know that Cosgrove has never been able to defend an offense with a mobile QB, but I don't think we can blame him completely. Lets face it, our DB's are terrible! Cosgrove has to over compensate for the secondary so much that it alters any kind of potential game plans. We caught a break with the weather against UT otherwise their receivers would have ate us up. I'm convinced that Shanle has no clue what he's doing out there and Grixby would'nt be starting if Bowman was healthy. It's been years since we've been able to play bump and run with our corners! I find it mind boggling that we can't get top notch DB's in the program.

I don't think Cosgrove is the best DC, but before we start blaming him for everything we need to understand what he has to work with. We have a great front seven that's being hurt by a very weak secondary.

We all know that Cosgrove has never been able to defend an offense with a mobile QB, but I don't think we can blame him completely. Lets face it, our DB's are terrible! Cosgrove has to over compensate for the secondary so much that it alters any kind of potential game plans. We caught a break with the weather against UT otherwise their receivers would have ate us up. I'm convinced that Shanle has no clue what he's doing out there and Grixby would'nt be starting if Bowman was healthy. It's been years since we've been able to play bump and run with our corners! I find it mind boggling that we can't get top notch DB's in the program.

I don't think Cosgrove is the best DC, but before we start blaming him for everything we need to understand what he has to work with. We have a great front seven that's being hurt by a very weak secondary.

Good point. You can only coach a kid so far but if he doesn't have the talent to keep up, what the hell is Cosgrove supposed to do???? It's not like we can pull the kid and enter another and expect him to do better with no experience!