JUCO WR Kenny O'Neal

chamrocck

I don't think we need a JUCO reciever. We have plenty of young talent at reciever the way it is and I don't see the point on using a scholarship on a position that is not of need. I would much rather have JUCO help in the secondary and along both lines than another body at the reciever position that is a JUCO.

If Kenny is as good as I think he is we need to grab him. Of course he would have to stay clean and pull his own weight. If he is as good as I think he is he could give Purify some competiton. Plus he was an All-American sprinter who also returned kicks.

Although I think we can get Lee this guy will probably be a bit more difficult.

He's a great athlete! His average on kick returns was phenomenal, something NU is sorely lacking right now. But I don't know if I would feel comfortable with the baggage that comes with it.

On the other hand, Cally does run a tight ship so if he does come here and screws up, I'm fairly certain Cally would send him packing

I think a lot would depend on how he conducted himself at the community college. At Shoe University he was kicked off the team for misconduct. If he kept his act together at the community college he should get another chance.

The word is this kid is as good as Purify. If he has kept his nose clean for the last year I don't see how we can pass on him if we get the chance.

Does anyone out there know if Callahan has actually offered him a scholarship?

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...