RB Bryce Brown

Here's a Rivals aritcle (with the gay-state sh!t cut out) which talks about his plans. I really don't think this would be a circus if Butler wasn't involved. Pryor did the same thing and there didn't seem to be this much publicity involved.

A good drama wouldn't work without a bit of grandstanding, and though it probably won't have any affect on the recruitment of Bryce Brown, Brian Butler would like to thank the entire state of Kansas.

Think the previous sentence, which might as well have been lifted from an awards show, sounds strange? Butler, the advisor of the nation's top-rated recruit, doesn't. And with Brown's official announcement concerning his college of choice now less than a month away, the impossible is taking place: the plot is becoming more complicated.

"We appreciate the state of Kansas and the hometown support," Butler said on Wednesday. "I think it just shows the kind of people that are here in this state. Through all this talk, I feel like the quietest voices have been from the state of Kansas. That hasn't been the trend for the last couple of years. The state and the program, under (Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder) is 100-percent class."

The talk that the country's most controversial advisor seems to be so vocally raging against stems from what has been an endless string of published articles questioning everything from Butler's intentions to Brown's motivation.

The latest controversy in this saga originates from a printed report claiming the University of Miami, which Brown verbally committed to nearly a year ago, has recently pulled its scholarship offer off the table, a claim Butler adamantly denies.

Brace yourself, as the headaches already bothering those trying to follow this situation's day-to-day activities are about to increase in strength. This plot has twisted before, and it seems to be doing so again.

"Bryce talked to (Miami head coach) Randy Shannon yesterday," Butler said. "Coach Shannon said that his scholarship offer has never been in question. It wasn't a topic of conversation. All I can say is that we aren't being moved by rumors or speculation. Bryce's process is not changing because of speculation. He's just using the time allotted to him to make the most important choice of his life."

Rightfully or not, fans have been led to assume that the Brown sweepstakes has been unofficially narrowed to a race between Miami, Oregon and LSU. But Butler shoots down that assumption with authority.

"No, that's not safe to say at all," he said. "There are more than three schools, with K-State being one of them. Oregon, LSU and Miami, as well as Tennessee and K-State (are all equal). Oh, as well as Clemson. They're all still equal. We're not trying to narrow this down or make cuts."

Seem like someone is missing?

That would be USC, which has officially pulled out of what has become college football's most confusing race.

Butler indicated that when coaches from the perennial power learned that Brown, who will announce his college choice on March 16, would not be coming to the campus for an official visit head coach Pete Carroll and company wished the Wichita tailback good luck and rolled credits.

So while Brown and his camp may not be interested in cutting down the group of prospective college choices, the list of options may be taking care of that on its own.

"If schools bow out, that's their choice," Butler said. "(USC) wanted Bryce to take an official visit out there, and he decided not to. They felt like that was a sign to them, which I understand. I can tell you that Bryce has been to USC before. They understand that, but they feel like if somebody doesn't take an official out there, they aren't that interested."

The next stop for Brown is LSU, which he will visit on Feb. 27 before concluding his college campus tour in Miami on March 3.

"(Bryce returning to K-State for an unofficial visit) is something we'll have to talk to Mrs. Brown about, because I know she would like to come up there and see it," Butler said. "Mrs. Brown is not a person who says things that she doesn't mean. Time is very tight though. We have to look at scheduling and those things. We haven't sat down and discussed a specific time. We looked at the basketball schedule, and there are some dates that are feasible later in March. There is a March 7th date, I believe. That's one that is feasible.

Despite the supportive words coming from college coaches who would like nothing more than to woo his top commodity into their fall camps, Butler knows what the public perception of this process has become.

Whether it was done intentionally or not, this dog and pony show has exploded into a full-fledged petting zoo, but the man standing at the center of most of the recent controversy insists it has done so for the right reasons.

"I understand that some people think (Bryce's recruitment) is not normal, because I know some of the people don't understand some of the things we are doing," Butler said. "I can assure you that all of this is for nothing more than the interest of Bryce making a good decision. He knows this choice is going to impact coaches, players, a university and a football program."

"Despite the supportive words coming from college coaches who would like nothing more than to woo his top commodity into their fall camps, Butler knows what the public perception of this process has become.

Whether it was done intentionally or not, this dog and pony show has exploded into a full-fledged petting zoo, but the man standing at the center of most of the recent controversy insists it has done so for the right reasons. "

:rollin:rollin:rollin

• 2 weeks later...