CAN YOU FEEL IT!!!!

CAN YOU FEEL IT!!!!

Wednesday, November 8th, 2006

By Trevor Martin (BIGREDIOWAN)

HuskerWeekly Sports Analyst

------------------------------------------

Well it’s coming and everyone in Husker Nation can feel it. This is a very important game for us all and most importantly for this team. If we can win this game then for the first time since 1999 Nebraska 7-3 (4-2) will once again be in the Big XII Championship game in Kansas City on December 2nd.

However, you can tell that a vast majority of Husker Nation is already looking ahead and past this very talented Texas A&M team, and it’s hard not to. We are on the doorstep of the Big 12 Championship game and beating on the door along with the Texas Longhorns. Both teams need to remain focused to get to this big game and have a rematch of the slug fest that was played on October 21st at Memorial Stadium. Unfortunately for Husker Nation we lost that game in the final minutes 22-20. The 24th ranked Aggies are not just going to roll over and let the Huskers have their way with them. A lot is riding on this game for the Aggies as well. They are all but eliminated from the Big 12 South Title. They need to win the rest of their games and have help from Texas and Oklahoma in the form of losses on their respective schedules. The Aggies 8-2 (4-2) have home field advantage and anyone who has ever been to Kyle field home of the 12th man can tell you that is a very big advantage. Any school that has yell practice the night before a football game is obviously going to be intimidating to any visiting opponent.

Nebraska brings with it a very potent offensive attack with the hopes of coming away with a win and the Big XII North Title. The teams match-up fairly evenly on paper with the edge going to Nebraska on everything, but rushing. Nebraska ranks 8th in the country with an offensive average of 450.5 ypg while the Aggies rank 19th with an average of 415.7 ypg. Passing yards Nebraska is ranked 21st with 261.9 ypg and the Aggies are 65th with 203 ypg. Rushing yards Nebraska is ranked 17th with 188.6 ypg and the Aggies are 8th with 212.7 ypg. Points scored Nebraska is ranked 12th with 34.2 ppg and the Aggies are 18th with 31.3 ppg.

You can tell that this game is going to come down to how the defenses play against the offenses. While neither of these defenses are having fantastic years they both have a lot of potential for the future. Nebraska’s defense averages 120.2 rushing yard per game, 221.9 passing yards per game, 342.1 total yards per game, and 17.7 points per game. The Aggies defense averages 128.3 rushing yards per game, 181.5 passing yards per game, 309.8 total yards per game, and 18.7 points per game. So the slight edge that Nebraska has on offense over the Aggies they give up on defense to the Aggies.

Saturday is going to be a big day for both of these teams, but only one can emerge victorious and you have this feeling that the Huskers will pull this one out. They are in control of their own destiny and this would be a huge road victory for the Huskers not only because of the environment that they will be playing in, but also what it means for the Big 12 North Title. I see the first half as being 21-7 Husker’s leading at halftime. The Aggies will come back within a touchdown of the Huskers, but never get ahead of the Huskers and it will be a shootout till the end.

Final score 31-24 Huskers.

Comment on this article on BRIs HuskerWeekly page, or in this thread.

Okay so sitting here being a little bored I decided to go back and review the article that I wrote and amazingly I was within 3 points of all my point predictions. I predicted 21-7 at the half and it was 21-10, I predicted the final score as 31-24 Huskers and it was 28-27 Huskers. The only part I was wrong on was the Aggies not getting ahead of us..................I'm kinda psychic I know!!!! :lol:

Okay so sitting here being a little bored I decided to go back and review the article that I wrote and amazingly I was within 3 points of all my point predictions. I predicted 21-7 at the half and it was 21-10, I predicted the final score as 31-24 Huskers and it was 28-27 Huskers. The only part I was wrong on was the Aggies not getting ahead of us..................I'm kinda psychic I know!!!! :lol:

How about some Power Ball numbers. Just off the top of your head of course. ;)

GBR!!!

How about some Power Ball numbers. Just off the top of your head of course. ;)

GBR!!!

I'm sorry that's priveledged information and I can only use that to my advantage..............you'll have to talk to my lawyer. :lol: