Francione comments on the Huskers

THE QUESTION: Coach can you talk about Nebraska.

COACH FRAN: Nebraska is a team probably on a mission right now and you look at their schedule they have lost to USC, Texas and then Oklahoma State on the road. I think we know what Oklahoma State is offensively. They are pretty good and got on a good role in the second half. I suspect maybe that playing that game the week after the Texas game emotionally might have been a challenge for them. So the bottom line to all that is I think we’re playing a pretty good football team. Good solid defensive team. They’re pretty balanced offensively. They have run the ball with some success this year and they certainly have some good receivers. Quarterback can throw the ball. Their offensive line is playing pretty well. They are a good power running team. They keep you off balance well, doing a lot of movement and shifting with their formations. They try to gain some leverage and get you out of position. Hopefully one of the advantages of our defense is that we don’t have to make too many of those adjustments like some people may have to.

Well, what does anyone think about this assessment.... :bonez

Of course we will win! You know, A&M is a real good team. Something keeps telling me that we are going to upset them (I say that because they are "favored") on the road.

Coach Fran's comments were pretty right on. He never mentioned the trick plays that Callahan likes to use.

You know...that's one thing I've always admired about aTm.....they are always fair and they aren't jack asses. Can't wait to tailgate with em' and talk a little friendly smack.

I got a graduate degree from A&M. I think you will find them a classy bunch; a little crazy, but a generally a good bunch. One of their yell leaders did flash a sword at an opponent's yell leader about 20 years ago for stepping on holy ground in Kyle field. Don't disgrace their traditions or OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

This is gonna be a tough game. I really think we're going to have a hard time shutting down their run game. I mean.. we haven't done a spectacular job of stopping the run so far. We are 45th in the nation in rushing defense.. and that Javorski Lane is a beast. However; we are ahead of ATM in that category, so hopefully we can let BJax loose. We have to get up on them and keep pounding, because ATM, at home with the 12th man, can stay in any game.