I think Sam Keller needs to watch out!

I say we wait and see what happens. Plan on redshirting Lee next year if Keller beats him out for the starting position. Let him dress for the first couple of games but let Ganz get the cleanup work during blowouts. If Keller were to get injuried, then start thinking about pulling Lee's redshirt.

:yeah

That makes sense....I think if Keller were to go down, they better seriously think about pulling Lee's redshirt. I just don't think Ganz has it...but he hasn't been given a real shot so who knows. Maybe he will beat Keller!!! :sarcasm

I think he needs to redshirt and learn the system for a year. Taylor was able to learn it fairly quickly but it still took him time to really grasp the offense and for things to slow down a bit.

I agree 100% about redshirting Lee. If Callahan was able to, which he wasn't, Taylor really needed one redshirt year to learn the system more. I wouldn't count Ganz out. I don't think he will ever be a great QB, but watching the little he played early this season, he could be a solid backup next season, and compete for the starting job in 2008. I think Ganz is a lot better than Davis.

An example of Ganz: Remember the bad snap in one of the games he played in? Did you see him keep his cool and not panic? If I remember right, didn't he threw the ball away instead of throwing it into a crowd?

I think he needs to redshirt and learn the system for a year. Taylor was able to learn it fairly quickly but it still took him time to really grasp the offense and for things to slow down a bit.

I agree. We need a good backup behind Keller. We have been very fortunate that Zac Taylor did not get hurt this season. We would have been in a world of hurt had that happened.

I don't want to jinx anything so I will just ask if Keller is ready to play now?

For the time being, I would reshirt both Lee and Witt and plan on Ganz as the backup. If Keller were to get hurt, hen re-evaluate things. But It should be almost a foregone conclusion that Keller is the starter next year. He didnt come here, and the staff didnt bring him in, with one year left to ride the bench.

I'm really excited about what I am reading regarding all these quarterbacks. I have one question...is there really a need for so many on the team. Is this an issue with the depth chart in the next 2-3 years. Are the coaches concerned about some of the QBacks. Does anyone know why we have landed so many. I am counting 3-4 new ones coming in.

Keller appears to be the real deal. He's the odds on favorite to start for us next year. Now anything can happen between 07 and 08, but wouldn't we be better off with a QB who can step right in September of 08? As our backup in 07 Lee will get plenty of chances to learn and grow into the position playing backup to Keller. If Lee isn't our backup next year then in 08 we have to start from scratch and hope Lee doens't make too many rookie mistakes. And rookie mistakes cost games. As a backup next year Lee can not only work all the bugs out of his system, but improve to the point where if Keller goes down for some reason, he will be able to step right in and pickup where Keller left off, and take us straight to another Big 12 Championship game.

We have depth at QB. Callahan and this staff can get QB's. There is no reason to redshirt the talent. As we gear up for a Big 12 Championship run and potentially a MNC run then we need to get all of our talent on the field. That means first and second string. If Lee does not redshirt that means he leaves the team after the 09 season. Clearly, the way Callahan recruits QB's, we will have another championship caliber QB by 2010. Look at the talent Callahan has brought in just since Beck left. Whoever Lee's replacement ends up being, redshirt him. If our goal is to just win the division then I'd say redshirt Lee. But since we've rebuilt to the point where we are beginning to think about Big 12 and national championships on an annual basis then we need to get Lee game ready now. Because we'll never know when we're going to need him.