Norvell staying put

Too bad for Jay.

Link

The only two known coaches to interview for the head football coaching position at Iowa State have been eliminated from consideration, according to multiple sources close to both coaches.

Nebraska offensive coordinator Jay Norvell and San Diego head coach Jim Harbaugh were notified by Cyclone athletic director Jamie Pollard Tuesday night that they no longer are on his list of potential replacements for coach Dan McCarney.

Too bad for Jay.

Link

The only two known coaches to interview for the head football coaching position at Iowa State have been eliminated from consideration, according to multiple sources close to both coaches.

Nebraska offensive coordinator Jay Norvell and San Diego head coach Jim Harbaugh were notified by Cyclone athletic director Jamie Pollard Tuesday night that they no longer are on his list of potential replacements for coach Dan McCarney.

... later that day, coach callahan was heard to have said, "hey, someone tell watson to quit cleaning out norvell's desk!!!"

Too bad for Jay.

Link

... later that day, coach callahan was heard to have said, "hey, somone tell watson to quit cleaning out norvell's desk!!!"

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Too bad for Jay.

Link

... later that day, coach callahan was heard to have said, "hey, somone tell watson to quit cleaning out norvell's desk!!!"

Hack------that is just mean

funny as hell, but just plain mean

Wow, sounded like it was going to be like shooting effing hillbillies ina barrel for Norvell. I know theres always more than meets the eye, but that just seems strange that the only 2 guys interviewed were told "no thanks".

Presumably it was b/c of the "vibe" the AD got from them, opposed to their resume/coaching philosophies -- b/c those things can be assessed from afar. But who does the AD have to compare to? I dont know about them, but if I found out that both myself and a 1 legged guy lost an ass kicking contest... to a hypothetical no legged guy - I'd feel like a big Cbox. He clearly has someone else in mind... perhaps someone will get on AIR STEVE afterall and he can drop him off in LAmes.

He clearly has someone else in mind

This is what I was thinking. He must have either got news about someone being avaible or someone else blew his doors off. Norvell will get a HC job in next few years though.

The ISU fans are clearly standing around scratching their heads on this one as well. Most of them think Pollard has his man and is just waiting for the right time to make the announcement.