Big XII game Husker tickets sold....

Some of these OU fans are waving the BS flag on NU having that many fans at the game:

OUInsider.com

I love some of their reasoning on SoonerFans.com. That "KSU said the same thing in'03" because they were closer to KC. but they were wrong: purple didn't dominate the stadium.

as troubling and amazingly ignorant as it sounds, those particular OU fans don't seem to realize there's a bit of difference between NU's and KSU's following.

KSU fans may have had that game in their own backyard, but they don't even travel well enough to sell out there own stadium! Nebraska.... pretty good at selling out- and not just our own stadium.

regardless of how close or far the CCG is from Neb, Huskers fans will actually show up and are capable of backing up the talk.

now, does crowd advantage=automatic win. hell no! but if the argument is over who will have the dominant fanbase in KC, OU can't compete. they can only whine and be in denial about it. simply put, Husker fans travel as well as anyone in the country and had a lot more time to get the tix.

what's unfortunate is, regardless of who has the advantage, we'll only really be able to hear it since the fans' colors will blend in the stands.

Make sure we do the Husker Power chant everyone....

I REALLLLLLLLY want to do the Husker Power chant on Saturday. This will get our team psyched up and will scare the OU fans (and the OU team).....

HUSKER.....

That would be great! Arrowhead is loud by design. It will sound much louder than Memorial Stadium. Golly Gee I can't wait..... :ahhhhhhhh

i think 60,000+ is an acurate number here is what the OWH had today

LINCOLN - They're accustomed to scenes of overwhelming red at Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Even with the main tenant out of town this weekend, it's still set to look like a sea of red.

Although no reliable method exists to accurately gauge the ticket breakdown by fan allegiance, a Nebraska Alumni Association official said he thinks up to 60,000 Nebraska football fans could invade Arrowhead on Saturday as the Huskers face historic rival Oklahoma in the 7 p.m. Big 12 Conference championship game. Arrowhead's capacity is 79,451.

"What we've heard is that it's up to somewhere between 57,000 and 60,000 who look like they're from Nebraska," said Ed Paquette, executive director of the Nebraska Alumni Association. "The alumni are telling us that it's just exciting to have OU-Nebraska again."

Paquette reached his estimate of 60,000 based on discussions with Chiefs and NU officials.

Some 22,000 tickets were distributed to the participating schools and the Big 12. Close to 50,000 more were sold through Ticketmaster. In addition, Chiefs season ticket-holders purchased about 13,000 seats, according to Bob Moore, the team's director of public relations.

The game is officially a sellout, though a limited supply of standing-room-only tickets went on sale Tuesday for $50 apiece.

"I'd like to see 70,000," NU linebacker Corey McKeon said. "I'd like to go in there calling that place Memorial Stadium."

Nebraska fans got a head start on ticket-buying after the Huskers clinched the North Division on Nov. 11. OU won the South title Saturday, but Texas had been atop the division standings for seven weeks following its Oct. 7 win over the Sooners.

"I know that we've had folks from Texas calling to ask us if they could move their tickets," Paquette said. "The arrogance of Texas shines again. What it comes down to is that we'll have the home-field advantage, even though we'll be in our away uniforms."