Official - Callahan annouces:Blake to UNC

Hello again,

This situation is painful to watch. John Blake is a tremendous recruiter, further more, a good human being. I just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone that while this is a huge loss, it's important that we all maintain our positive vibe for Coach Blake. It seems to me with both recruits and coaches that when someone chooses to take a non-Husker path, the haters all come out of the woodwork. He was offered a slightly better job in a different place. He appears to be accepting that position. This is not because of any world dominating vision that he has. John Blake would choose to leave because he is a builder. He built the talent framework for Oklahoma's 2000 team. He has done the same for us with the 2007,2008 Huskers. He will move on and do the same thing anywhere else, because that is what he does.

Principals, Ministers, and CEO's do this as well. They lay the groundwork for success, move on, and do it elsewhere. I am thankful as a fan that John Blake has been a builder for Nebraska Football. I wish him all the success in the world, and am proud of what he has been able to accomplish here in both recruiting and helping young men build character.

Hello again,

This situation is painful to watch. John Blake is a tremendous recruiter, further more, a good human being. I just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone that while this is a huge loss, it's important that we all maintain our positive vibe for Coach Blake. It seems to me with both recruits and coaches that when someone chooses to take a non-Husker path, the haters all come out of the woodwork. He was offered a slightly better job in a different place. He appears to be accepting that position. This is not because of any world dominating vision that he has. John Blake would choose to leave because he is a builder. He built the talent framework for Oklahoma's 2000 team. He has done the same for us with the 2007,2008 Huskers. He will move on and do the same thing anywhere else, because that is what he does.

Principals, Ministers, and CEO's do this as well. They lay the groundwork for success, move on, and do it elsewhere. I am thankful as a fan that John Blake has been a builder for Nebraska Football. I wish him all the success in the world, and am proud of what he has been able to accomplish here in both recruiting and helping young men build character.

i agree, you can't hate Blake for leaving, but it will be damn hard to replace him...we have no one recruiting for us now that has near his ability to talk to these kids.....this will hurt the program immensley......

Hello again,

Not so fast. Reportedly he is leaving cuz he's upset that Watson was given the title of recruiting coordinator.

He is a great human being and was a great recruiter but finding a better coach shouldn't be difficult.

Good luck to him!

I know this is part of the business, but as a Husker fan, I can't take all this leaving and going.

I know he is doing what is best for him, but this KILLS us that he left right now. not only do we lose his coaching, but we also lose his recruits. yes he's great guy who has done a lot for us, but this is a kick in the balls no matter how you look at it

in case anyone has failed to notice, THERE IS NO MORE ALLIEGIENCE to a team or a company anymore.......look around you...players, coaches, work colleagues are jumping for opportunities all the time...there are no "lifers" left that stay with top schools. companies, etc. the trend is to move up through transfers and developing a reputation with other organizations...coaching and coaching opportunities are no different....this is the norm guys........

Do you think Callahan knew this was going to be Blake's last year at NU? After reading a lot of recruiting articles about the kids NU has or are after it seems Watson, Busch, Jordan, Gilmore, and Elmo's names came up a lot more then Blake's. Now wouldn't you think if he was your "#1" guy that his name would be all over those articles? Like has been said earlier he is only responsible this year for Patrick Grant. I know he closed the deal on more then a few in 05 so it just seems odd Grant is it for this year.

Maybe I'm reading to much into, but who knows.