BJax going pro?

Read that B-Jax, Purify, and Bowman have sent in their info to be evaluated by the NFL on draft position. While B-Jax would probably go the lowest of the three, I think that both Purify and Bowman will improve their draft position by staying another year. With all the talent at RB, their is no guarantee that B-Jax will have a better year next year than he is having this year.

See Chuck Gordon from Kansas. They just want their ego stroked a bit. He is not going pro.

If Bowman wasn't good enough to go pro last year why would he think he is good enough after an injury and sitting all year? That one doesn't make sense either.

Purify is probably the best prospect but he wasn't used much in the first half of the year. It would not surprise me to see him go but he will make several more million by putting up great numbers in a senior campaign.

Read that B-Jax, Purify, and Bowman have sent in their info to be evaluated by the NFL on draft position. While B-Jax would probably go the lowest of the three, I think that both Purify and Bowman will improve their draft position by staying another year. With all the talent at RB, their is no guarantee that B-Jax will have a better year next year than he is having this year.

This is SOP for any future NFL prospect. I read once that there is a formula (money wise) that is used. It balances the likely signing bonus based upon a good senior year with the risk of injury etc. It's just part of the landscape and has been for some time. It's now getting lots more press than before with all those who do jump before their senior year. Does anyone have any stats on the success of those who do jump their senior year? Probably not very good but it's hard to ignore a few million signing. Heck, that would set me up for a little while anyway!

I was wondering about the insurance thing. I doubt that the university can do this, but I think they should change the rules such that colleges can cover insurance premiums for seniors based on their draft stock after their junior year. It really does bother me when I see a senior (with serious pro potential) go down that has given 4 or 5 years to a university and then not be able to go pro.

If I were them, I'd do the same thing. And, yes, I doubt any of them turn pro.

The thing with Jackson is that he has proved he can perform at a high level against tough competition without having a whole lot of wear and tear on his body. That is something that a lot of pro teams will like about him. Plus he has shown that he can catch the ball out of the backfield, which is becoming more and more popular in the pros. Plus, with three other backs still getting carries and the newcomers, his stats may not improve all that much which in turn may not raise his draft status.

Rumors.....Rumors.....Rumors.... and we will hear more over the next few weeks/months

I do believe that Bowman = gone

Purify = gone (grades)...so he will enter

BJax = staying.... better offensive line will up stock

Blake = gone to NC

B-Jax has also had a fumbling problem and he had a problem staying healthy last season. He has question marks for a pro team. Purify, who knows, he is a bonafide pro-receiver prospect. Bowman may go, but he would have durability questions as well. I'd like all 3 back. The player we could most afford to lose, hate to say this, is Brandon Jackson.

B-Jax has also had a fumbling problem and he had a problem staying healthy last season. He has question marks for a pro team. Purify, who knows, he is a bonafide pro-receiver prospect. Bowman may go, but he would have durability questions as well. I'd like all 3 back. The player we could most afford to lose, hate to say this, is Brandon Jackson.

I agree. Bowman is too big of a deal, and Mo just dominates when he has the ball thrown to him. BJax would still be a huge loss though