Introduce Yourself

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 44 years

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Born in Nebraska

3) Where are you from originally? rural Gothenburg, NE

4) Where do you live now? Gretna

5) Favorite Husker memory? Beating the Sooners 17-14 in 1978.

6) Worst Husker memory? Absolutely losing the Orange Bowl against Miami on the missed 2 point conversion. I was sick for 3 days. I was a college student at the time and did not buy a season ticket the next year.

7) Number of home games attended? Maybe 20

8) Number of away games attended? 2

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? My program with Mike Rozier's, Turner Gill's and Irving Fryar's autographs.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? My home with family.

11) Favorite all time player? Tommie Frazier

12) WCO or Option? If we can get the right players, the option. The Option is Nebraska football.

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Bill

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie Husker

15) Favorite Husker play? Bounce pass to Irving Fryar.

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Beer

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? brother

Howdy I'm Andrew and i was born and raised in Texas so I am a Longhorn fan, HOWEVER I do Like the Huskers my mom was born and raised in Norfolk,NE and most of her side of the family is still in Nebraska and all diehard Husker fans. I always root for the Huskers EXCEPT for when they play Texas, I know most of yall will probably think I'm crazy and that you cant like two teams from the same conference but I do so there. One day I aim to get a Longhorns AND a Huskers tatoos thats how much I love both teams! as for next weeks game I hope for Texas to win but I would love nothin more than to see a close competitive game (much like last year) I know most Husker fans are in a way hopin to get blown out the rest of the year to get rid of Callahan but I think Callahan is gone regardless of the remaining games, Osborne and callahan just dont go together at all.

What/who led you to The Nation? Yahoo search engine

Where are you from originally? North Platte

Where do you live now? Gothenburg

Favorite Husker memory? 94-95 national title run

Worst Husker memory? 83 Orange Bowl

Number of home games attended? 1

Number of away games attended? 0

Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Husker Tees

Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) Home

Favorite all time player? Tommie Frazier

WCO or Option? Option

Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Byrne

Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie (Lil Red kind of freaks me out!)

Favorite Husker play? Fullback trap, weak/strong side option

Favorite game-day beverage? Pepsi

How did you find HuskerBoard? Yahoo

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation

since about 1988, when I was born

2) What/who led you to The Nation?

my day raised me a husker

3) Where are you from originally?

Memphis, TN

4) Where do you live now?

Bloomfield, NE/go to WSC in Wayne, NE

5) Favorite Husker memory?

1997, "the catch" against Missouri, my first husker game

6) Worst Husker memory?

before this year it was the 62-36 loss to Colorado

7) Number of home games attended?

six

8) Number of away games attended?

one

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel?

simple cornhead

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.)

Husker room of our house

11) Favorite all time player?

wow, tough one, probably Dominic Riaola

12) WCO or Option?

option!!!!

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne?

Bill Byrne

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker?

Herbie

15) Favorite Husker play?

Crouch's 95 yard run against Mizzou

16) Favorite game-day beverage?

coke

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source)

google

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? hmmmm I don't want to give away my age or anything but I do remember Bob Devaney was coach...a long time

2) What/who led you to The Nation? I went to high school in Omaha and the rest is history!

3) Where are you from originally? grew up moving around but high school in Omaha and college in Hastings

4) Where do you live now? Delaware

5) Favorite Husker memory? the last national championship--I was in Omaha and my friends and I went to 72nd and Dodge in Omaha and acted like idiots! That win just felt so good! I also just love when the team comes onto the field through the tunnel

6) Worst Husker memory? The current season and every close bowl game we lost

7) Number of home games attended? not sure--maybe 10 or so over the years

8) Number of away games attended? none

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? a sweatershirt my mom gave me years ago with Nebraska in rhinestones

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) at my brothers house with a gang of people

11) Favorite all time player? ummm Johnny Rodgers when he left them counting their change!

12) WCO or Option? gotta say the Options cuz I don't think I have actually seen the WCO work yet

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? waves bye bye to Pederson and I get all ver klempt knowing Tom Osborne is back

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? gotta say Lil Red

15) Favorite Husker play? I used to love the tricky plays Osborne would pull out every now and then

16) Favorite game-day beverage? at the games when it was cold I would love hot chocolate/coffee mixture

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) google!

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? Since I was born

2) What/who led you to The Nation? My dad, brothers, mother, sisters, Grandpa, Grandma, Uncles, Aunts

3) Where are you from originally? A little town in NE Nebraska

4) Where do you live now? iowa

5) Favorite Husker memory? Warren Sapp sucking oxygen on the sidelines

6) Worst Husker memory? This year

7) Number of home games attended? When I was in college there all of them but one, now a couple a year

8) Number of away games attended? 1 a year if they play ISU in Ames

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Jersey from 1987

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) Memorial Stadium, home is second

11) Favorite all time player? Brooke Berringer, didn't play much, just had to respect the guy

12) WCO or Option? Option

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Byrne

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie

15) Favorite Husker play? Fumblerooski (sp)

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Used to be Busch lite, now Dr Pepper

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) google

Hi gang,

Just another lost husker looking for a people who can understand my obsession.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation?

As long as I can remember -- I moved to Omaha when I was 2 years old.

That would be my dad, watching games back in the day on TV.

Born in Lawrence, KS, moved to Omaha from age 2 to 11.

Berkeley, CA

Tommie Frazier's 50 (or so) yard run in the 1995 Orange Bowl against Florida... Man that was something.

6) Worst Husker memory?

Possibly the 1983 2-point conversion against Miami. My Jayhawk cousin gave me endless **** for years about that...

None, sadly.

One -- In Boulder in '95. Option play for a touchdown on the first snap. Ah, the good old days...

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.)

Anywhere it's possible! It's tough to find on TV in CA.

Tommie Frazier. Hands down.

12) WCO or Option?

Ahem. See name.

Please. HERBIE.

Ahem. See name please...

Google -- I was desperate for commiseration after the Missouri loss.

Thanks guys!!!

18 yrs

Dad

Omaha

Lincoln

Frazier Run against Florida

6) Worst Husker memory?

TT loss

0 yet ..(poor)

All my shirts, no Fav.

Home or BWW

Frazier and Crouch

12) WCO or Option?

Option

Tom Osborne

Herb

pass to crouch 2001

MD or whatever

friend

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? many years.

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Born and bred a Husker.

3) Where are you from originally? Fremont, NE - the Armpit of Nebraska.

4) Where do you live now? Stinkin' Lincoln.

5) Favorite Husker memory? So many to choose from in Football, but for all sports my favorite memory was the 1990 Husker/Penn State Regional Finals match at the Coliseum. PSU was 44-0 and we creamed them in four games, and the place was so loud there was (literally) dust falling off the roof beams.

6) Worst Husker memory? The 2001 Colorado game.

7) Number of home games attended? A couple dozen.

8) Number of away games attended? One - at Manhattan in 1985-ish. We creamed them something fierce and I fell asleep on the bus ride home.

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? I don't collect memorabilia.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) My house.

11) Favorite all time player? Tommie Frazier. You just knew we were going to win when he took the field.

12) WCO or Option? Loaded question. I prefer whichever system prompts the kids to play hardest.

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Bob Devany.

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie!

15) Favorite Husker play? Option Pass to the TE on a post pattern. We ran that play for 15 years and the TE was still open every time.

16) Favorite game-day beverage? MGD

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) Someone just posted about it at the LJS blogs.

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 24 years

2) What/who led you to The Nation? My H.S. in suburban Chicago ran a Husker/Option offense. We watched game film in the 1980's and studied the plays/blocking/schemes. Quickly learned a respect, grew into an addiction. Wore husker gear under my pads for 4 years.

3) Where are you from originally? West Chicago, IL (Lived in Omaha 9 years, wife is from Norfolk)

4) Where do you live now? Green Bay, WI

5) Favorite Husker memory? T.O.'s decision to go for 2 with the National Championship on the line. Locked me in forever.

6) Worst Husker memory? Missouri, 2007

7) Number of home games attended? About 25.

8) Number of away games attended? 2 - Is ISU an AWAY game?

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? My Nebraska Baseball hat. Wear it always, buy a new one every 6 months.

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? 50 yard line, row 8.... or the Crescent Moon, 36th & Farnam, Omaha

11) Favorite all time player? Grant Wistrom

12) WCO or Option? Option / Power I

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Ummm, Byrne, I guess?

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Lil Red...... A friends mother helped design Lil Red

15) Favorite Husker play? A Sack or QB Pressure w/ INT

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Miller Lite

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) Came over from Huskerpedia

Wow, it feels good to be with people who understand my love for Husker Football. People here in Michigan think I am nuts!

1. How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 38yrs

2. Who led you to Husker Nation. I was Born in Omaha, didn't move away until 5yrs ago.

3. Were from originally? Born and raised in Omaha area.

4. Where do you live now? Grand Rapids, MI.

5. Favorite Husker Memory? I believe it was 1985 or 1986 when were played Oklahoma and we wore an all red uniform. We ended up loosing the game, but it was a great one. I really miss the good old days of our rivalry with them. Sorry Colorado, it just isn't the same. Also, after the NC in 94, that spring I walked into Husker Heaven and the entire offensive line was there doing autographs. That was cool to meet them.

6. Worst Husker memory? Death of Brook Berringer, wins and loses come and go. It's just a game played by a bunch of kids. The tributes to his life showed what Husker Nation is really all about.

7. Number of home games attended? Around ten, my first being 14 rows up on the 50 yard line. I about cryed.

8. Number of away games attended. Unfortunatley 0. But if they ever come back around Michigan, count me in.

9. Favorite Husker memorabilia/apperal? Old Husker hat that sits on top of my computor screen at work.

10. Favorite place to watch a Husker game? Anywere inside Memorial Stadium baby!

11. Favorite alltime player? Tommie Frazier. I know he was a loaner, but man was he exciting to watch.

12. WCO or Option? Option/ power I. Our line used to be able to tell a defense where we were going and dare them to stop us.

13. Steve Pederson or Billy Burne? Your kidding, right? Didn't like either, Me's old school, loved Bob Devany. Now Dr. Tom will set things straight.

14. Lil' Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie Husker.

15. Favorite Husker play? Not so much a play as a memory of a favorite play. Mid 80's we were playing Oklahoma. Their Quarterback, Jamel Holloway, kept saying all week that one of our best defensive guys at the time, Danny Noonan would never touch him. So, early in the game Danny sacks Jamel, and while Jamel is still down, Danny touches him on his helmet with his finger. It was CLASSIC!

16. Favorite gameday beverage? Any "good" beer will do. Lifes to short for cheap beer!

17. How did you find out about Husker board? Actually by accident. I was searching for Huskerwallpaper for my computor and found this message board. It was fate that brought us together.

I've already "introduced" myself a few posts back but I figured I might as well do it the right way....

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? since the early 90's when I was a kid, all I remember was me and my mom watchin the Cowboys win Super Bowls and the Huskers win NC's and big games.

2) What/who led you to The Nation? Mom and Mom's side of family all born and raised in Nebraska and all die-hard fans

3) Where are you from originally? Born in Victoria,TX (close to Corpus Christi) and raised in Denton,TX (Dallas basically)

4) Where do you live now? Lincoln,NE

5) Favorite Husker memory? when we beat the Okies , I think it was 02' when Crouch CAUGHT the game winning TD my whole mom's side of the family was throwin a watch party and we all went nuts!!

6) Worst Husker memory? I think it was a couple years back when we played Texas Tech and we should have won but that defensive lineman (forget his name) caught the INT and then fumbled it givin Tech another chance and of course they won, such a heartbreaking loss.

7) Number of home games attended? been to a bunch when I was lil but dont remember (my Grandpa was a sportswriter for the Norfolk Daily News so we got tickets all the time when we visited from Texas) but I went to the Iowa St. game this season which happens to be our last win!! had tix to the A&M game but had a family emergency, should be goin to the Kansas St. game in a few weeks!

8) Number of away games attended? None

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? I've got a Husker hat,shirt,towel (from a Husker basketball game) and a husker bobble head "figure"/and or "Doll"??

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? anywhere with the family, great atmosphere

11) Favorite all time player? gotta go with Tommie frazier

12) WCO or Option? def. the option for Nebraska, WCO just dont work in College but def. not for Nebraska as we have all seen

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? neither, Tom Osborne!!

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? Herbie!

15) Favorite Husker play? any play that results in a TD! I know thats lame but whateva!

16) Favorite game-day beverage? Miller High Life! only beer I drank!!

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) i'm a member of the Cowboys-forum.com (the best forum for the best NFL team in da world!) so it got me thinkin, why not search for a Huskers forum? one google search later and presto!! (went to bigredboard first and it was kinda lame)

23 years

born into the great Husker Nation

Omaha, NE

Omaha, NE

Fraziers big run in the 95 Orange Bowl.

6) Worst Husker memory?

Texas tech 70- Nebraska- 10 ouch

my T.O. painting

South endzone of Memorial Stadium

Eric Crouch

12) WCO or Option?

Option

????????????????????? i would have to say T.O.

Lil' Red

Triple Option

Bud Light

Just came across it

1) How long have you been a member of Husker Nation? 35 years

3) Where are you from originally? Sioux City, IA

4) Where do you live now? Sioux Falls, SD

5) Favorite Husker memory? 96 Fiesta Bowl

6) Worst Husker memory? 84 Orange Bowl

7) Number of home games attended? 25

8) Number of away games attended? 3

9) Favorite Husker memorabilia/apparel? Jersey worn by a Black Shirt on the field

10) Favorite place to watch a Husker game? (section in Memorial, bar, friends house etc.) Any place with other husker fans.

11) Favorite all time player? Frazier, Phillips, Berringer, The 95 O Line.

12) WCO or Option? Option

13) Stevie Pederson or Billy Byrne? Good ridence to both

14) Lil Red or Herbie Husker? LR

15) Favorite Husker play? Fumble-roo-ski

16) Favorite game-day beverage? A couple Bloody M's followed by lots of ice cold beer

17) How did you find HuskerBoard? (referral source) Google