Poor officiating: a contributing factor in Big 12 game

:madash Looking at the game on saturday...It's safe to say that Zach was rattled and out of synch.... The entire right side of the O line needs to be evaluated before Auburn, otherwise we're in deep trouble. As a senior he should know better and not float the ball that way.

I thought we were losing that game but not by 21 points. The officiating crew made major blunders mostly costing us but a few for OU:

1. OU's O linemen were holding almost every play - NO CALL

2. Safety when Patrick was slammed in the end zone - NO CALL

3. Nunn's catch on sideline deep in OU zone called an incomplete - NO CALL

4. B Jackson's fumble called an incomplete - NO CALL

Had we have gotten that safety most likely our offense would have put us in a field goal situation where we would have gone up to a 12-14 deficit. OU still played smarter and so they should have won in a close game.

This is the second time this season (OU v Oregon being first) where a great game has been ruined by some idiotic refs.

Does anyone know what conference the refs where from? The NCAA should allow coaches to challenge such horendous calls.

Bottom line is: we got beat by a better prepared team and both OU and NU got a bad officiating crew.

OUT

We can pick apart the officiating all we want but the truth be told I thought they did a pretty decent job. It would have been nice if they could have spotted the offensive push on our secondary but that's the breaks. If we would have completed a few more passes downfield none of the minor officiating calls really would have mattered..........and if we could cover their recievers.

The officiating was OK, replays were AWFUL though. I am convinced more plays didn't reviewed because of horrible camera angles.

Callahan did say on his show last night, in the face of Ola or Cryer getting held; "And their not going to call holding in this conference, and that's OK". I bet he said that last part to not get his ass in hot water for official commentary.

The NCAA should allow coaches to challenge such horendous calls.

Bottom line is: we got beat by a better prepared team and both OU and NU got a bad officiating crew.

OUT

I agree with your bottom line but really can't agree on the officiating. I am pretty sure you could call holding an EVERY play on BOTH teams. Since it really isn't a safety issue, like blocking in the back, I think the hldiing rule should be modified that it not be called unless it has an obvious impact on a play, i.e. a QB would have been sacked, or a tackle made if the defender hadn't been held.

:bonez

:madash Looking at the game on saturday...It's safe to say that Zach was rattled and out of synch.... The entire right side of the O line needs to be evaluated before Auburn, otherwise we're in deep trouble. As a senior he should know better and not float the ball that way.

I thought we were losing that game but not by 21 points. The officiating crew made major blunders mostly costing us but a few for OU:

1. OU's O linemen were holding almost every play - NO CALL

2. Safety when Patrick was slammed in the end zone - NO CALL

3. Nunn's catch on sideline deep in OU zone called an incomplete - NO CALL

4. B Jackson's fumble called an incomplete - NO CALL

Had we have gotten that safety most likely our offense would have put us in a field goal situation where we would have gone up to a 12-14 deficit. OU still played smarter and so they should have won in a close game.

This is the second time this season (OU v Oregon being first) where a great game has been ruined by some idiotic refs.

Does anyone know what conference the refs where from? The NCAA should allow coaches to challenge such horendous calls.

OUT

Dude, it wasn't a safety. I was sitting on the third deck right at the goaline and he just barely got across to the 1-ft line. I agree with your bottom line and that's about it.

Re: Poor officiating: a contributing factor in Big 12 game

Nonsense. It's never a contributing factor when you win. Sorry, just my angle is all.

Every game has a bad call here and there. Why fans start looking at officiating as the reason for their loss is beyond me, but it happens alot. Look when we beat A&M, many cried fowl that the officating cost them the game i.e MO pushed off in the endzone was one of their many claims. Horse crap. Fans need to accept when they are outplayed or their team did not execute or both. Although, I acknowlege officiating can cost a game....its very very rare. So, your "angle" is right on the money Addison.

There were some questionable things going on in the game that's for sure, but these things happen in every game and we choose to only recognize that when the Huskers are involved.........

Or when things don't go our way. Had we won we probably wouldn't be discussing the officiating for the game

As I stated in my summation, I'm not saying that was the reason we lost. I'm just sick and tired of seeing good FB games marred by poor officiating. i also stated that not only we were screwed but also OU on B Jackson's fumble and when they played Oregon.