May, May, May, IDIOT

My favorite part was when Herbie almost started crying and they Corso went "GET OVER IT!" :rollin

Ya Herbstreit and May are tools..........why all the disdain towards the CORN from them.....................over 1.3 million people voted.........., the forget to leave out the punishing rush ends that worught fear on any oppsing backfield, the best I have seen since................but I digress, it was so obvious there HUSKER HATERNESS by those two tools........makes me sick and it bleeds over into there commentary even though May has gotten better since. Just had to vent.

In Herb's eyes, if you are not SEC or Big 10 (not figuring in the metaphorical finger-f@#K he gives USC lately [sort of deserved, but I am still bitter]) , you don't really play real football. May, to put it mildly, is just dumb. These two, don't matter. They are soap stars meet Rush Limbaugh meet wash-ups.

I posted this in a different forum, but I think this is where these comments are really meant to be. I loved how Kirk Herbstreit and Mark May were so visibly distraught after Nebraska 71 and 95 moved into the championship game. They get to give their opinions all days, this was America voting! It gets really old having two of the main college football analyst on ESPN spewing anti-Husker rhetoric. I miss Trev balancing these two knuckleheads out. My Christmas wish list:

1. A New Non-Bias Sporting Network

2. To go back in time to watch Herbstreit's mediocre Buckeye team play the Huskers. Maybe then he would have some respect!

3. Herbstreit gets fired from ESPN and gets hired to be the Brutus Buckeye mascot

I really would like to see Trev get back in to broadcasting. Even though he was a Husker, i never heard him being biased for the Huskers. a few time he even said that NU was not as good as people thought they were, and so on. sometimes I would think that he was saying things like that on purpose so people wouldnt accuse him of being a Husker Homer.

There needs to be a un-biased sports program, but it will be difficult to find announcers that dont have favorites, or that can conceal that from the public

OMG you Nebraska fans are a lot like us Auburn fans. LOL We don't have any high regards for the ESPN crew either. In fact they came to Auburn once for Gameday this season and had to throw a few Auburn fans out of the crowd for showing anti espn posters. LOL!! The Gameday crew I am sure felt they were not very well liked. A lot of Auburn fans purposely did not show up for Gameday. The crew even said on the air it's quiet. LOL We saved our energy for the game that night and the stadium was loud from opening kickoff to the end. It was deafening the entire game. We pulled off the upset of Florida in which the ESPN experts said no way we'd win that game after losing to Arkansas. Some experts huh? USC was supposed to destroy UCLA and play Ohio St for the national title. Did you see their faces when USC lost? It was like a funeral at ESPN. Their beloved USC dynasty darlings lost!!!! I loved it.

Thats why I have said that Nebraska and Auburn can beat each other. Throw the stats and this past season out the window. It's who shows up and plays to win, will win this game. Unfortunately for Auburn, it will be like a Nebraska home game. However playing in the SEC we are used to playing in very hostile enviroments. So what gives??? Who wants this one more than the other. It's not the stats or the results of this past season.

WARRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!

That was hands down the best program I HAVE ever seen on T.V.

To actually watch Herbstreit almost have a temper-tantrum on national television was priceless.

Along with Switzer telling Herbie that he would have never recruited him, Mmm wonder why?? Because he wasn't very good maybe.

And all the comments from the old coaches on those younger punks that never coached a game in there life, but are supposed experts. What is the win total between Switzer and Holtz??

And Switzer I love you and miss OU, and way to stick up for T.O.

God I loved that show. :clap:thumbs:woo

#1 and #2 greatest college football teams in the HISTORY of CFB, GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pumps me up, wish it would make the players think when they put that "N" on what they are actually wearing.

I found the address to ESPN on a website where you can send their commentators letters. I am going to drop a couple of boxes of Kleenex in the mail for May and Herbstreit tomorrow, courtesy of Nebraska Fans. I should put a couple of pacifiers in the boxes as well for those crying babies. I think it would be funny if they go inundated with these types of gifts for their bias opinions!

COMMENTATOR ADDRESSES

Our commentators don't have public e-mail addresses, but will be happy to accept a letter or a postcard sent to them at the address below:

ESPN

Attn:

ESPN Plaza

Bristol, CT 06010

:yeah

Why are you guys so distraught over Herby not digging the Big Red....that's actually a good thing....every team he pulls for usually stinks....lest we forget, this is the same freaking idiot that predicted the Miami Hurricanes would win the National Championship this year....that's right, he actually said the Miami Hurricanes would win the National Championship this year...remember after Miami and FSU had that slugfest at the beginning of the year, everybody was all over them....especially Herby...little did he know that they were just locked in a intense battle of mediocrity.....

Why are you guys so distraught over Herby not digging the Big Red....that's actually a good thing....every team he pulls for usually stinks....lest we forget, this is the same freaking idiot that predicted the Miami Hurricanes would win the National Championship this year....that's right, he actually said the Miami Hurricanes would win the National Championship this year...remember after Miami and FSU had that slugfest at the beginning of the year, everybody was all over them....especially Herby...little did he know that they were just locked in a intense battle of mediocrity.....

One of my best memories in sports as a young man (probably not that good of memory cause I cant remember the year) was seeing Nebraska fans storm the field,and watch Barry get knocked down in the melee.It was a rainy/snowy day, and I think it was the year that their coke dealer quarterback (name? Thompson?) broke his leg in the game.

Neb 7

Ok 3

Steve Taylors final game in lincoln 1988.

First time I had seen Nebraska beat Oklahoma. I was 10. :bonez

I’m a little older than you, and thank God I got to see the “Game of the Century” (although I was only 11 at the time) and the game the year before when NU beat OU. First time I saw TO beat Switzer was in `78 and then we had to play them again in the Orange Bowl and lost that time. In fact, Osborne only beat Switzer one time out of the first nine times they met. But, TO did win three in a row (81, 82, 83) before going on another four game losing streak which ended in that game you mentioned in 88 when NU won 7-3.

It is too bad when you are too young to remember some of the great victories over OU. It is funny because I remember in 87 my oldest son was about 6 years old and he asked me (almost with a tear in his eye) “Will Nebraska Ever beat Oklahoma?” He too was too young to remember the early games of the 80’s. However, he (as I am sure you too) greatly enjoyed the mid 90’s when Nebraska owned OU and everybody else in college football. Unfortunately, I have a son who is now 13 who doesn’t really remember the teams of the mid 90’s. Oh well, I guess it is time to go on a 3-4 year championship run so he can have something to look back on.

GO BIG RED!!!