Santa Hat Ban

Irregular News for 12.21.06

Long Island, NY -- A Santa hat-wearing school bus driver on Long Island, N.Y., has won the right to keep wearing his festive headgear, Newsday reported.

Kenneth Mott, who keeps a long, white beard, almost lost his job after a parent called the bus management to complain. Mott, who has worn the red and white hat every Christmas since he started with the Bauman & Sons bus company five years ago, was ordered to stop wearing the hat because a child didn't believe in Santa Claus and was bothered by the hat.

"I said, 'What, are you kidding me?'" Mott recalled. "I thought it was a big joke," Newsday reported.

However, after Mott told other parents he might be fired for wearing the hat, supervisors changed their stance and said he could continue to wear the hat.

source

Exactly!!!! It's kinda like the whole pledge of allegiance thing...............if you don't want to say it then don't!!!!! I'm tired of people!!!!! :angry:

Exactly. If you don't believe in God and don't want to say it in the pledge of allegiance then don't or leave the f&ck!ing room when it is said. Its the same damn thing with holiday displays. If you don't like it don't look at it. Instead a few people bitch and it ruins it for the other 99.5%.