FIRE CALLAHAN!

Agreed. The team is going in the correct direction. Hung in with a top SEC team that is supposed to be unstoppable due to their speed. Not the best game we played but our D was great. Take away the two turnovers, or hell, just the fake punt, and it is ours. Playcalling was questionable at times but I enjoyed the game. Can't wait to see what happens in '07, should be a great year, look for better things to come. Much better.

Hung in my ass. We were the better team. Our coach lost the game for those kids. It's a bleeping crime.

Can someone explain to me how to get to the BCS (minus the at-large) *without* winning your division in the Big 12? Please, tell me. I really want to know how we can not win the North because apparently it's below us? Get real.

DaveH, I guess my point is that winning the Big 12 North, while certainly should be A GOAL, it shouldn't be THE GOAL. We didn't have a sign in the locker room that said BEAT SOUTHEAST NORTH DAKOTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, or whatever lame teams we play for our season openers. Sure, those are short-term goals required to have a good season, but it just seems to me like way too much was made of winning the north, and not nearly enough effort was made to establish a good goal after we made the Big 12 title game. Like I said, seems like the coaches just relaxed after the big goal of winning the north was achieved.

He knows you have to win the big games. He talks about it all the time. He knows he'll have to make adjustments to win those games. He's not an idiot, despite what the knee-jerk reaction people seem to think. Once again, many people expect him to be flawless, which is just ridiculous.

No, but we expect competence in big spots. This wasn't the first time, or even the tenth time, he's made a poor decision.

Fire him? No.

Rip him for losing this game for his team? Hell yes.

It felt like watching the Oklahoma game...

All the time in the world to throw the ball, but no receivers were open. We get one-dimensional in the second half and the defense knows what we're going to throw at them.

Taylor had time all day. I don't know if he just holds the ball way too long, the receivers can't get open, or the routes they run take way too long. Oh yeah, and I'm sick of throwing to the back out of the backfield every other play. Yeah it works every once in a while, but teams make adjustments. I still wish we would take more shots downfield to our 6'4" receiver or find the holes in the deep middle.

OMG PANIC~!!!!

Same story as the Big 12 Championship. Defense played well enough to win, offense couldn't produce jack. Receivers didn't get open, Running game got stuffed in the second half.

Like abc said, if the fake works it's OMG TEH BEST. Since it didn't, it's a bad call. Standard NU fan reaction. The bad thing about it is it gives more ammo to the Husker haters.

BS, Dave.

It was a bad call, and would have been a bad call even if we would have made it. At least now BC might realize that his stupid ideas really are stupid. Heaven knows what he'd be calling if that stupid play would have worked.

It was bad football, pure and simple.

He knows you have to win the big games. He talks about it all the time. He knows he'll have to make adjustments to win those games. He's not an idiot, despite what the knee-jerk reaction people seem to think. Once again, many people expect him to be flawless, which is just ridiculous.

No, but we expect competence in big spots. This wasn't the first time, or even the tenth time, he's made a poor decision.

Fire him? No.

Rip him for losing this game for his team? Hell yes.

well put :thumbs

Can someone explain to me how to get to the BCS (minus the at-large) *without* winning your division in the Big 12? Please, tell me. I really want to know how we can not win the North because apparently it's below us? Get real.

DaveH, I guess my point is that winning the Big 12 North, while certainly should be A GOAL, it shouldn't be THE GOAL. We didn't have a sign in the locker room that said BEAT SOUTHEAST NORTH DAKOTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, or whatever lame teams we play for our season openers. Sure, those are short-term goals required to have a good season, but it just seems to me like way too much was made of winning the north, and not nearly enough effort was made to establish a good goal after we made the Big 12 title game. Like I said, seems like the coaches just relaxed after the big goal of winning the north was achieved.

It's gotta be a goal though because you can't get anywhere without it and you can't exactly just look past it. No one said it was "THE GOAL". As a matter of fact, after the north was secured, the goal turned to the big 12 championship per the captains as you would expect.