Taylor and the Cotton Bowl

Zack Taylor helped Nebraska get back to being respectable

He helped us bridge the talent gap at QB when Solich was fired and he should always be remembered as a Husker.

I am ready for more consistant play at QB, we need a QB qho can create more matchups for opposing defenses

Taylor never really beat a good team and that has brought us to where we are today....A team with great talent that can't get anything done offensivly agin good defenses

Callahan has made more boneheaded moves since he has been at NU than solich ever did, but he can recruit and that means he stays and we just hope for the best when he and his staff take the field.

Bottom Line: if NU had a better qb we would have won the Big12 title, beaten Texas and won the Feista Bowl....also finish in the top 10

Top ten is where we will be with Lee or Keller.

Thanx Zack, but turn out the lights when you leave

He's a decent QB, but he can't do it by himself. He didn't have a good game today again. Sorry to see him go out like that.

Dave....I respect Zack, but he never really put it together....teams were able to shut him down and he could never beat them with his arm........oppossing teams come out and NU takes advantage of their zone or their safetys play off the ball, but by the end of the 2nd quater they know we want to pound away and they load the box and we are done....been like this all year...we go into the freezer in the 2nd half because Taylor is so predictable

He's a decent QB, but he can't do it by himself. He didn't have a good game today again. Sorry to see him go out like that.

Dave....I respect Zack, but he never really put it together....teams were able to shut him down and he could never beat them with his arm........oppossing teams come out and NU takes advantage of their zone or their safetys play off the ball, but by the end of the 2nd quater they know we want to pound away and they load the box and we are done....been like this all year...we go into the freezer in the 2nd half because Taylor is so predictable

I'm not so sure I would say that Taylor is predictable...more so Callahan.

its not like our line or recievers are up to par either. I agree that a great QB(like I hope keller is) would have won like you said(see eric crouch) but with a better lin and WR I think taylor could win a title

Our Line is great...look at what they did agin AU when they knew we could'nt do anything throwing

Our Recievers are very good....but we need a better QB

NU would not have made the strides its made over the last 2 years without Zach. The last two years with Joe Daley would have been murder.

But I'm looking forward to what the future brings to NU at the QB position. If NU can upgrade at this position I think the B12 Championship is very doable next year.

I don't think his Big 12 POTY honor was a fluke. He made some big throws all year and was a fighter to the end. I am very pleased with his abrupt career and wish him the best.

However, he just was never the same today after we ran that pass play out into the flat early in the second quarter that where he was thumped right away

Kinda see were your coming from. He got really close to the threshold of greatness. Maybe teetered on it. But these last two games really bring him back. Still a great player and without him, NU may be in for losing seasons these last three.

its not like our line or recievers are up to par either. I agree that a great QB(like I hope keller is) would have won like you said(see eric crouch) but with a better lin and WR I think taylor could win a title

Our Line is great...look at what they did agin AU when they knew we could'nt do anything throwing

Our Recievers are very good....but we need a better QB

I don't know if I would say that our line is great....they are good, but not great. Not yet anyways! If we get a couple of more WRs like Purify that is going to help tremendously. When you shut him down, you basically shut down the threat of a big play.....on a consistent basis. Hardy having one good game against KU and Nunn being able to catch the ball every once in a while does not help ZT at all.

Having Keller and/or Lee next year will be fun to watch!

I don't think his Big 12 POTY honor was a fluke. He made some big throws all year and was a fighter to the end. I am very pleased with his abrupt career and wish him the best.

However, he just was never the same today after we ran that pass play out into the flat early in the second quarter that where he was thumped right away

right on huskerfan66...just what I was thinking.

Zach was our man for this year. There were times he needed to get the ball in there quicker. (OU game) There were times when our guys just dropped the ball, I think I counted 6 dropped passes today. It wasn't all Zach, but one thing for sure, If it wasn't for him we would be much worse off. Do you recall the days when Lord couldn't complete a screen pass, now that was painful. Good luck to Zach and I look forward to someone coming in to beat your records but thank you for setting the bar a bit higher.

Kinda see were your coming from. He got really close to the threshold of greatness. Maybe teetered on it. But these last two games really bring him back. Still a great player and without him, NU may be in for losing seasons these last three.

I totally agree....Taylor Got us to two bowl games and the Big12 Title game.........I respect him and I wish him well

But this is Nebraska...and we should not have lost today, we are getting better and Next year we will have two Legit big time QB's....I would rather see Lee because I think the dual threat stresses defenses and it is easier to keep drives goin.....But if Keller can throw like I'm hearing he can....then we will be alright

Hats off to Zac for what he has done for us the past couple of years. Without him NU wouldn't be where it is today. Having said that the last two games have made me realize that he is human and can only do so much...........I think we will do a lot better next year and we have Zac to thank for a lot of our wins over the last two years.