Punt Fake...

Why is Callahan being blamed for this? It would have worked if Shanle didn't drop it... he had clear field in front of him and would have easily got the 1st. Don't blame him for calling a play that would have been successful if the players could have executed better.

Big Red played a great game today against one of the nations best , hands off to you Auburn (fans) I would love to schedule these guys non conference sometime soon :bonez

He is blamed because he is the head coach, it is his repsonsibility, he calls the plays, it led to the 7 points that lost the game, and oh yeah, it was a F-ING STOOOOPID CALL!!!!!!!!!

ok then. What would you be saying if the play went off without a hitch?.............................that's what i thought.

It was stupid but he wanted to gain some momentum and turn the game around. He felt that it was the right time to call it and if it was executed it would have been a huge pickup. The players love to do these type of things to and he wanted them to have fun.

I'm about as big of a cally fan as you can get......THAT was a bad call. I promise you he would say that to. its ok, he will learn

This kind of play is Brilliant when it works, and people call the coach a moron when it doesnt. Bellotti gets the briliant call for going for 2. Stoops gets it for going for it on 4th down vs A&M in his own territory. The difference is the players executed, and ours didnt.

It happens in football, get over it.

He is blamed because he is the head coach, it is his repsonsibility, he calls the plays, it led to the 7 points that lost the game, and oh yeah, it was a F-ING STOOOOPID CALL!!!!!!!!!

ok then. What would you be saying if the play went off without a hitch?.............................that's what i thought.

That it is still a stupid call and he got lucky it worked. Any play can theoretically work at any time. A good coach knows when to take risks and when to limit them.

Why is Callahan being blamed for this? It would have worked if Shanle didn't drop it... he had clear field in front of him and would have easily got the 1st. Don't blame him for calling a play that would have been successful if the players could have executed better.

Big Red played a great game today against one of the nations best , hands off to you Auburn (fans) I would love to schedule these guys non conference sometime soon :bonez

i wouldnt blame the call on him as much as who was called on to make the play a fullback pitching off to a Safety who doesn't ever touch the ball at least if it was green or grix i colud see it but not shanle HOT Potato!

That it is still a stupid call and he got lucky it worked. Any play can theoretically work at any time. A good coach knows when to take risks and when to limit them.

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

This kind of play is Brilliant when it works, and people call the coach a moron when it doesnt. Bellotti gets the briliant call for going for 2. Stoops gets it for going for it on 4th down vs A&M in his own territory. The difference is the players executed, and ours didnt.

It happens in football, get over it.

:yeah It's part of football. The mad scientist will be returning to the laboratory to see what can be cooked up for next season. I'm looking forward to it.

One caveat: get perfect execution on the normal plays also!!

Huskerguy,

Agree completely with you. The play worked. An excellent call, that took huge balls that possible could have went for big yardage with Shanle, great speed, had THE PLAYER caught it.

I love gutsy calls. He's a great head coach because he trusts and loves his players. He trusted his players to play the game without worrying about making mistakes. That's a great quality to have as a coach...TRUST!!!!!!!!Unfortunately, PLAYERS aren't perfect and sometime make mistakes. Life goes on.

It was stupid but he wanted to gain some momentum and turn the game around. He felt that it was the right time to call it and if it was executed it would have been a huge pickup. The players love to do these type of things to and he wanted them to have fun.

Huskers had the momentum. They were moving the ball well so far and the Black Shirts had been shutting them down. Was way to early and at a bad position on the field to try that. Plus it wasn't needed. Auburn also had to much speed for that reverse to work. The pitch was bad because of pressure. there was also a 2nd Auburn player in the backfield who most likely would have made the tackle if it was a good pitch.

Bad Call, All coaches make them at some time during their careers.

the fake punt was a bad call because it didnt work. at the time of the call and the fumbled pitch i was a mad as anyone else out there, but i will get over that one.

one play that i still have a hard time understanding is the 4th and 11 call for a pass. unless he knows something that the rest of us dont know about Congdon why not try the field goal. 47 yarder, same distance that he kicked against kSUCks to win the game last year.

one play that i still have a hard time understanding is the 4th and 11 call for a pass. unless he knows something that the rest of us dont know about Congdon why not try the field goal. 47 yarder, same distance that he kicked against kSUCks to win the game last year.

I honestly thought we would have seen a fake field goal. I was watching for Ganz to come in.