Sept. 29: Iowa State W 44-14

Oct. 6: @ Missouri L 24-22...we've had bad luck there

Oct. 13: Oklahoma State W 34-17

Oct. 20: Texas A&M W 28-14

Oct. 27: @ Texas L 37-21

Nov. 3: @ Kansas W 31-13

Nov. 10: Kansas State W 27-10

Nov. 23: @ Colorado W 38-24

I think theyre are gonna lose at Missouri.....so I'm predicting a 9-3 regular season since its a tough schedule. But the true test will be the Big 12 title game and the bowl game to see if they have improved.

September 1st vs. Nevada - W 44-17. Huskers roll all over the Wolfpack. Keller and Lee get their fair share of snaps in this one.

September 8th at Wake Forest - W 37-30. Huskers trail late in Winston-Salem. Callahan leaves Congdon on the sideline on a 4th & 5 from the 40. Husker fans cringe as they flash back to the Cotton Bowl. Keller takes the snap rolls out and hits a wide open Maurice Purify in the back of the endzone. Touchdown Nebraska! Huskers pull this one out.

September 15th vs. USC - W 28-14 Callahan learns his lesson from last year. First play from scrimmage, Keller hits a streaking Terrence Nunn down the sideline for a touchdown. Blackshirts shut down the USC offense all night with Zach Potter getting 3 sacks. Huskers start to get some respect.

September 22nd vs. Ball State - W 56-3 This game shouldn't even be scheduled this late. Lee starts the second half and shows his stuff throwing for 3 TDs.

September 29th vs. Iowa State - W 32-24 1st half is owned by Iowa State as they jump on the Huskers 21-0. 2nd half sparked by Keller's toughness as he's hit 8 times while throwing but sacked 0 times in the 2nd half. Iowa State only musters a second half field goal as the Huskers storm back for a win.

October 6th at Missouri - L 22-21 OT Tough game fought to the end. Huskers score a last second TD to tie it up at 14 all at the end of the 4th. Nebraska gets the ball first and gets a TD. Tigers get the ball, Daniel runs up the middle (while picking his nose, kid can do it all!) on the first play and scores. Pinkel gets gutsy and goes for 2 and gets it. Huskers lose heart breaker.

October 13th vs. Oklahoma State - W 66-17 Two inspirations going into this one, 2006 and last week. Callahan shows no mercy and keeps the starters in through the 4th quarter. Okie State can't stop Keller and Co. and the 'Skers roll.

October 20th vs. Texas A&M - W 35-6 No last minute drive needed here. A&M struggles all day and the Huskers take advantage. 2 Stephen McGee INT's go back for TD's by Zack Bowman. Huskers being considered as major national title contender.

October 27th at Texas - W 22-20 Yup, same score as last year, different story. This time, Texas takes the lead late in the game.On what looked like the last chance, Kenny Wilson fumbles at the one. Huskers fans prepare to grieve another close loss to Texas. Mack Brown looks to get pretty and throws on first down. McCoy's pass is INTERCEPTED! Bowman takes the ball back for a touchdown. Extra point up and good and the Huskers win.

November 3rd at Kansas - W 33-21 Kansas continues to get better but cannot stop the Big Red Machine. Nebraska's trip to Lawrence feels a lot better than the last one.

November 10th vs. Kansas State - W 42-10 Sam Keller says goodbye on senior day after only one year. Keller makes the most of it as the Huskers roll over the kitty-cats. Keller throws for 2 TD's and 350 yards.

November 23rd at Colorado - W 55-0 Not quite Dan Hawkins. Colorado does have a good year but finishes ineligible to a bowl thanks to the Big Red Army. Keller plays like there's no defense on the field and throws for 4 TD's and nearly 400 yards. The Blackshirts shut down every aspect of the Colorado offense. The only bottles on the field this time was when it was the CU's players feeding time.

December 1st vs. Oklahoma Big XII Championship - W 35-21 Callahan sets the ship right and picks up NU's first conference title since '99. OU has no answer for Keller to Purify and the show goes on all night.

January 1st vs. Boise State Fiesta Bowl - W 33-30 The Mizzou loss costs NU a shot at the title. Huskers settle for the Fiesta against another undefeated Boise team. There'd be no miracle on this night. Congdon DOES get his shot to win the game for NU and sends a field goal through the pipes with a minute left to knock off Boise and give NU at least a shot for a share of the title.

WOW talk about optimism.....

We will not beat USC....period. As much as I love Nebraska, USC will more than likely be ranked in the top 3 and just return way too much talent. Plus they will not all be intimiated by Memorial Stadium. At night, at midnight at 4 in the morning it doesn't matter, they will not be scared. But other than USC, I think every game we have a legit shot at winning....

Being behind enemy lines down here in Austin, I have to tell "y'all" to relax because our situation is strikingly similar to the rise of Mack Brown. I remember very well when he went 9-5 in his second season and ALMOST everyone said he needed to go. The next year he went 9-3, with a 2nd place finish in the South and still people wanted him gone. Then came 6 straight 10+ win seasons.

The ways this situations are similar are simple...

#1 - Had some good talent, but no real depth, which is what forces guys to become stars. Competition on a day in, day out basis is the only way to get the most of someone's talent. As with Texas back in '99, I feel we are now at that stage. We have talent, and we are adding depth...

#2 - People forget that a season can go from nearly great to a "bad" season with a loss in the Conference Championship and then a tough bowl matchup. The Horns fell to us in the Alamodome then to Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl. Realize that our 5 losses were to Top 15 teams (minus Okie St) just like Texas did (replace Okie St with NC St).

#3 - If people relax and quit freaking out, they WILL be rewarded with a breakthrough win, and a breakthrough season!

I am not giving a free pass to Callahan, but if you really watch the games and understand what is going on, BC tries to hide weaknesses that are usually exposed just before or after the half! Hence the second half struggles...go back and watch the game films if you have them, and you will see what I am talking about. Also, the lack of aggressiveness in play calling comes from the instability of the secondary. If you get a lead or are in a tight ball game, as a coach, you want to put your team in position to win late when you are the lesser of two teams, like we were in 4 of our 5 losses!!! Look at Boise State's play calling after getting the big lead, the play book shrunk considerably until the last 2 drives!

I see the Huskers at 9-3 with losses to USC, Okie St or A&M, then Texas...we will then face Okie St or A&M (whichever beats us in the Regular Season) in the Big XII Championship where we will redeem ourselves and head to the Desert for a showdown with Boise St and a tough run game, which we will absolutely shut down! Huskers finish at 11-3, FIESTA BOWL AND BIG XII CHAMPS!!!!

*NOTE* I think the Big XII South will be a 4 way tie between OU, Okie St, Texas and A&M, with the tiebreaker going to Okie St.

PS - Can't wait to see what our D can do with Bowman, Murillo, Thenarse, Culbert and minus SHANLE!!!

OH YEAH....FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT THOUGHT CALLAHAN BLEW THE FAKE PUNT, ASK CHARLIE WEIS WHY HE FAKED ON THE FIRST DRIVE!!! (The only thing that kills me is why we wouldn't toss the reverse to Thenarse instead of Stone Hands/Slow Footed/Running Scared Shanle!!!)

Cotton Bowl who?

Time has come, I think, to take an early stab at the fall.

Sept. 1: Nevada W 35-14

Sept. 8: @ Wake Forest W 25-21

Sept. 15: USC L 21-20 . . . that D looked pretty good against Michigan

Sept. 22: Ball State W 62-10 . . . we were pissed

Sept. 29: Iowa State W 29-7

Oct. 6: @ Missouri W 27-3

Oct. 13: Oklahoma State W 35-31

Oct. 20: Texas A&M W 37-18

Oct. 27: @ Texas W 20-14

Nov. 3: @ Kansas W 30-0

Nov. 10: Kansas State W 41-14

Nov. 23: @ Colorado W 36-17

Yeah, I'm calling an 11-1 regular season . . . so let's hear some predictions!

OK

Nevada is a no doubter

Wake will be close for a while, but they lack the size and depth to stop our running game....I expect it to be 28 to 17....with the deacons scoring one late to make it look closer....simply put, Wake is the best of a really bad league....horrible league....they lose alot of their two deep and too a school who is always way down the talent list that hurts......they will have enuff talent to look god early but they will wear down.

USC will be the favorite and I'm not calling for a win....hoping

Ball St. is a W

Iowas State will be the first really big blowout in BC's carreer at NU.....67 to 10

Ole Mizzou...It has been a house of horrors for the Huskers the past decade with the road games in Columbia....this year is different for a few reasons....One...no real running threat from their QB makes the spread easy to stuff.....like we did this year....No big time runningback to take the heat off Daniel.....I expect this game to get outta hand because I think Keller can make the average at best MU defense look bad and keep their offense off the field...you stop their spread and run the ball and their defense will gas out by the mid 3rd quarter Huskers win this 31 - 13

OSU is nasty and I mean Nasty.....I like Keller and Co. to keep the offense from goin into the deep freeze...games in Lincoln and the Huskers defense will be faster than it was last year with clear upgrades at safety and corner......Huskers win a great game 35 -24

aTm....This one is easy...Huskers roll Aggies and this never looks close..no 2nd half free fall Huskers roll 42 to 21

UT.......The Horns must replace the entire O-line and I guessing that won't be easy...they lack a breakaway running back and the defense was only average this year...Huskers get a big win here and it is goin to be Old School with Glenn.....Jackson...and Kenny Wilson pounding away .....Huskers 24 UT 10

KU ....HMMMMMMM.......Huskers are clearly better at every position this year and that means bad things are goin to happen to KU....No weak secondary to plague the Huskers and too much depth at LB makes this one a blowout.......Huskers 54 KU 7

KSU Freeman bowl 2...after what I saw agin Rutgers...I willing to throwout the Texas win and call this team bad.......They lose the heart of there better recruiting classes and they have not brought in any blue chipper for awhile.....they are a game team for awhile but the Huskers talent is just too much..in Lincoln this one gets outta hand and BC leans on KSU to make the Boosters happy....60 to 10

CU return to the home of the riots.....I actually like what I saw from CU late last season and I think they will be the 2nd best team in the North....however....Keller/Lee and the rest of the upgraded offense will be way to much for a very young CU team .......I don't think this will be a huge blowout but a repeat of this year

Huskers win 34 to 20

Now I have laid this out ....I have also backed it up with facts...and to make myself clear I will pointed out why we can go 11-1

I expect OU to win the South and meet the Huskers in a rematch....I would have to take the Huskers because of what I saw in the 2006 CCG....Huskers only lack a big game QB...Lee or Keller can fill the bill

If you think that we go 8-4....you just don't understand where the Huskers are talent wise when compared to the rest of the big12....Next year is a very experienced team that will be looking to take another step up

I can't tell you how many Husker fans have been poor mouthing this team all year because of BC and the percieved weakness of the program....after the OU and AU games it is clear we have the talent to compete...We just need a better QB.........I think BC will pull back a bit and Let the game come to him...he fianally has restocked the talent at Nebraska and the next few drafts will begin to show it

11-1 is more than Likely....Injuries mean 10-2...and that aint bad

Husker fans have been pointing to 07 as our year for along time and I can't be more confident than I am now......instead of Beck we have Keller or Lee.....so here we go

Good points and good post. 11-1,10-2 kind of what I was thinking about next year. Wish Wake F. was a home game.

GBR!!!

Cotton Bowl who?

Time has come, I think, to take an early stab at the fall.

Sept. 1: Nevada W 35-14

Sept. 8: @ Wake Forest W 25-21

Sept. 15: USC L 21-20 . . . that D looked pretty good against Michigan

Sept. 22: Ball State W 62-10 . . . we were pissed

Sept. 29: Iowa State W 29-7

Oct. 6: @ Missouri W 27-3

Oct. 13: Oklahoma State W 35-31

Oct. 20: Texas A&M W 37-18

Oct. 27: @ Texas W 20-14

Nov. 3: @ Kansas W 30-0

Nov. 10: Kansas State W 41-14

Nov. 23: @ Colorado W 36-17

Yeah, I'm calling an 11-1 regular season . . . so let's hear some predictions!

I love it! I have to agree with you on USC. They are just too damn good.

Sept. 1: Nevada W 31-7 Methodical, testing the waters

Sept. 8: @ Wake Forest W 28-10 Big road win as D shows up

Sept. 15: USC L 23-21 There's hope but USC too much to overcome

Sept. 22: Ball State W 56-0 Cat and mouse

Sept. 29: Iowa State W 45-0 Welcoming rookie coach to the House of Red

Oct. 6: @ Missouri W 21-17 Traditional nail biter in Columbia

Oct. 13: Oklahoma State W 31-20 Pulling away late like they did to us this year

Oct. 20: Texas A&M W 42-17 Big game for Keller

Oct. 27: @ Texas W 17-16 Defensive battle and NU holds off Texas on goalline stand

Nov. 3: @ Kansas W 38-7 Restoring some order

Nov. 10: Kansas State W 48-10 Defense gives Freeman fits

Nov. 23: @ Colorado W 45-13 Hawkins left speechless

Big XII Championship vs Texas: W 24-14 Texas doesn't have late collapse to season but not enough left for this game

Fiesta Bowl: rated #3 in BCS so out of championship

vs Michigan: W 35-17 Keller showcases skills on big stage while D stops Hart, Henne and Co more times than not

I see us at 10-2, falling by 2 TD+ to SC, and losing by a TD in Austin to the Horns. WF will be good, but I have a feeling this game will be marked on the calendar and will be a success. I am actually worried about Nevada to open, that was a pretty good team this year, who knows what could happen to open the season. Enough with the Mizzou bullsh#t-we get a convincing win next year in Columbia for a change. OU-Texas will determine our Big 12 opponent. Tough game to call there. I hate to say it, but I have a feeling we will be visiting Dallas next year on New Years Day...

holy sh#t! score 55,56 and 66 points next year in three games? dude, i love your optimism, but would really like some of what you're smokin'!

USC and Texas are losses.....sorry.....Wake, A&M, Okie St. are bubble games....unless there are HUGE improvements on both sides of the ball!

Who said we'd score 55, 56, and 66? I said we'd score 62, but that was only in one game.

Hey huskerfaninokieland or whatever your name is.....i would love for you to read the post the guy from texas said about mack brown. Once again Brown did that with the number one recruiting class like five years in a row. Callahan has had TWO full classes and his third season overall, RELAX, learn some more things about football, then give your opinion.

11-3 when it's all said and done.....our non-conference schedule will give us fits....

I'm thinking 3 losses as well...but getting to 11 wins would hopefully mean Big 12 champions and excellent bowl win rather than losing the Big 12 championship and our bowl game (like this year).

You are not going to like this. USC will get a bye the week before they play us while we are likely in a dogfight the week prior at Wake Forest. See this link http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...turescheds.html That does not look good for us. Cool that USC has Ohio St. in 2008 and 2009 but their 2007 schedule sets up nicely for them until the end when they will have to watch out about getting bitten on the road...but USC has excellent chance to get back to title game next year.

EDIT: Holy crap...did you guys see who USC was blasting in the upper right hand corner of that link? I just now noticed it...damn, now I'm pissed. Let's get game on! :steam