Lack of Physical WRs?

It appears that our receivers got jammed up at the line of scrimmage by Auburn's Dbs. We have had this problem before. I believe you call this the bump and run, which Charlie McBride used during the NC years. Are our current receivers, except perhaps Purify, not physical enough to get off these blocks? You can't find anyone open if the receivers aren't there.

This is where I hope guys like Brooks, Holt and Henry, along with Purify can make a difference. Paul could be a factor too, but it may take him some time to develop. I could see possibly the new guys next year getting more playing time than the current receivers except for Purify. Guys like Nunn, Swift and Hardy seem to have trouble getting past the line of scrimmage against physical Dbs.

It appears that our receivers got jammed up at the line of scrimmage by Auburn's Dbs. We have had this problem before. I believe you call this the bump and run, which Charlie McBride used during the NC years. Are our current receivers, except perhaps Purify, not physical enough to get off these blocks? You can't find anyone open if the receivers aren't there.

This is where I hope guys like Brooks, Holt and Henry, along with Purify can make a difference. Paul could be a factor too, but it may take him some time to develop. I could see possibly the new guys next year getting more playing time than the current receivers except for Purify. Guys like Nunn, Swift and Hardy seem to have trouble getting past the line of scrimmage against physical Dbs.

Even Purify gets bullied by DBs. I would bet that's the thing he works on most before next fall.

although they will bump and run Paul, he has the speed to make them pay..the only way to get the DB's to back off the receivers somewhat, is to make them pay, burn their ass a time or two...for that you need physical receivers, along with speed. right now we don't have that..absent that, what really hurts is a big, bad-ass TE who can stretch the field.....we need raw, physical talent at these positions

Purify would be the prime example of this actually. The physical AU DB's were why Pure never got going. He was frustrated all day and was obviously not prepared for that kind of contact. Hopefully the coaching staff takes note of this and makes it a priority for 2007. GBR!!!

And maybe are DB's learned something by watching AU

Purify would be the prime example of this actually. The physical AU DB's were why Pure never got going. He was frustrated all day and was obviously not prepared for that kind of contact. Hopefully the coaching staff takes note of this and makes it a priority for 2007. GBR!!!

And maybe are DB's learned something by watching AU

I thought I seen a couple of plays during the Cotton Bowl where our DB's played bump and run :dunno

On the other side of the coin, we are really lacking a speedy gamebreaker WR..... Our guys seem slow AND weak....especially after watching other bowl games, it is kind of frustrating. You see the big time programs that always have that "burner" and you watch his burst off the line and its like nothing we have here.

Then you hear guys say, well we are overloaded at WR.

We may be overloaded, but overloaded with some pretty mediocre players. Not bad, but nothing I would write home about.......Hopefully these young guys take it up a notch. Catch everything they should, and some stuff that they shouldn't. We drop too many balls....

I have liked the idea of will henry since day one, tall and fast..... I am ready for him to hit the scene. but as tall as he is, I doubt he has off the line acceleration, so hopefully that will be Niles...

Before people start to grab the torches and pitchforks to run Callahan out of town, you have to consider that he isn't even here yet.... he is getting closer, but look at the team....we are failry young, but we are able to compete with teams that would have blown us out a couple years ago.

to sum it up, we have no receivers....Paul is our first guy coming on board that has real talent...again, SEC DB's and wideouts make our guys look sick.....if you can't play with those guys, forget about playing and beating USC and the like.....we simply have not gotten the talent in here yet and TE play is virtually non existant.....

to sum it up, we have no receivers....Paul is our first guy coming on board that has real talent...again, SEC DB's and wideouts make our guys look sick.....if you can't play with those guys, forget about playing and beating USC and the like.....we simply have not gotten the talent in here yet and TE play is virtually non existant.....

What about Purify?