Is our O-line still bad?

Do to storms, no fox, and limited ABC coverage; I didn't get to see some of the game. However, what I did see when watching was that Jackson hits the hole a lot faster than Lucky. It appeared as though Lucky was only at 60% speed when reaching the line where Jackson was just slicing through it. I realize Jackson didn't play a lot because of his broken hand, but it seems like Jackson is just light years in front of the other backs. Once he's healthy next year, he should be the premiere back with the other simply giving him a breather IMO.

I think what we're going to miss the most next year will be our DLine. We're going to lose some studs there.

Do to storms, no fox, and limited ABC coverage; I didn't get to see some of the game. However, what I did see when watching was that Jackson hits the hole a lot faster than Lucky. It appeared as though Lucky was only at 60% speed when reaching the line where Jackson was just slicing through it. I realize Jackson didn't play a lot because of his broken hand, but it seems like Jackson is just light years in front of the other backs. Once he's healthy next year, he should be the premiere back with the other simply giving him a breather IMO.

I think what we're going to miss the most next year will be our DLine. We're going to lose some studs there.

exactly, lots of holes to fill up front....and we all know what the play was like behind......you can't have one without the other and have a good overall D........

Ya I certainly think our o-line is going to be a lot better next year and is looking really good for years to come. Callahan is bringing in really good talent, size, and athleticism. It helped that the young guys were just kinda thrown in there. We will have Williams, Burkes, Barret, Jones, Marcel, (last name?) Hickman, Christenson, Huff, and Roark. That is one hell of an offensive line as far as talent goes. Im talkin about the far future not just next year. The last five recruits nebraska have got have been outstanding and i look forward to see what they will do next year.

I wonder if starting Lucky maybe a yard or two farther behind the quarterback would allow him to hit the holes faster. Also, if Keller/Lee/Ganz is quicker at getting from the center exchange to the point of hand off if that will effect the timing of how our backs hit the holes and where they line up.

Also there are some plays that the running back should not be running full speed when he gets the ball. The dive plays and smash plays he should be full spead, but any reads or counter plays, he needs to slow down and let the play develop in front of him rather than just running as fast as they can.

The announcers were giving our line a ton of credit in the cotton bowl. Did you see our guards pull out wide? I thought they had good games and bad games, but as everyone is saying, we are young and we should see an improvement. Remember we will also see an improvement in our mobility of QB if Keller starts, and our rb's will all be more experienced. Guys like Huff, Christensen, and byford have stepped up big time. We have depth and talent. I am not worried as long as we can keep injuries and illness away.

yes, i thought i had read that keller could make a nice throw on the run, so maybe a couple more bootleg passes...... The future is looking brighter and brighter.

After watching teams like LSU you realize how much more they have as far as pure athletes, and we could be a downright scary team in a couple years if we get that kind of talent infused here....and we are on the right track. just keep bringing the line along, better WR's and more defensive speed. all of which we have made strides in