2007 Tough Schedule

What you fail to realize is that many like you have been saying the same thing for years about improvement and "we shall see" type comments every year for the last five. Even in the last of year of Solich's stand at Nebraska he was 10-3. Although my expertise may seem in question to you, for the last five years I have been correct about where would be the next year. I dont want to debate the positives about maybe a game here or there where the team shined, but the second half of to many games they just truly sucked. Those are not my comments, those are the players thoughts. So think what you will about me, but you haven't been watching the same football I have.

I don't think poorly of you. As I stated earlier, I appreciate responses from people with expertise on this board, but I don't know where your expertise is illuminated in your posts. Heck, Lou Holtz is an expert in college football, but most of the time his comments are opinionated rather than factual. (Like every comment he has about Notre Dame). I just think that you have an overly dismal perception of the football program. Yes, I'm one of those "we shall see" types. If you don't see the improvement year-in and year-out from the Callahan era, then I'm at a loss as to explain my optimism for next year (but I will try). Yes, we have a tough schedule. There is no arguing that point. However, every position next year is either fortified with more depth and talent than this past year except, perhaps, the defensive line. I would venture that, four years ago, if we would have had to play Auburn, Texas, USC, and Oklahoma, we would have been demolished in each of those games because the talent was not up to the level that it is now. However, this year, we went toe-to-toe with each of those teams - except USC. We're respectable again. We're top of the Big Twelve North (restored the order), played in Big Twelve Championship Game, and played in a New Years Day bowl game. The team keeps improving and, now, all the Huskers need is to win some of those big games - which I think will happen next year. We shall see.

By the way - Solich was 9-3....Pelini was 1-0

Number 1; those were Solich's players on that field and regardless whether he was present or not they won that game for him and the rest of the Hall of Fame coaches that had their last game that night. That staff was cohesive, this one has yet to prove that exists with poor second half performances throughout the year, and once again, not my words those of the players.

Number 2; The reason Nebraska won the North is because the competition in that division is so poor it's laughable. Look conversely at the South and where we would have fallen if we had to play that schedule every year, good luck.

Number 3; A good salesman can bring them in the door, but keeping them happy once they are there is a different story. Let me ask you, if you were a QB and you had 5 other QB's that you would be competing against and you wanted to play in two years, would you stay at Nebraska given their infancy in the West Coast Offense?

Number 4; The Big Twelve Championship was proof that Zach Taylor did not deserve the Big 12 Player of the Year Award. At some point you have to be able to survive on your own two feet and make things happen, he did not when it counted and was most important.

Number 5; As far as the returning talent you say is coming back, well I hope that defense comes back with a vengence because the offense will be with a first year starter at qb and no big game experience whatsoever. Heralded or not, talent at that position (QB) better be blue chip or else it's not going to be pretty.

I would enjoy writing a positive to glow about regarding Nebraska football, Lord knows I do enough bragging about them in New England and take plenty of crap for it, but the fact remains that it is another three years away before we see any sign that this team and Callahan's recruits will make a difference.

My apologies with regard to Booty's first name, but I figured seeing the last name would be enough to clue those in on who I was talking about.

Number 5; As far as the returning talent you say is coming back, well I hope that defense comes back with a vengence because the offense will be with a first year starter at qb and no big game experience whatsoever. Heralded or not, talent at that position (QB) better be blue chip or else it's not going to be pretty.

I would say that Keller has enough experience to not be considered a first year starter. He also has had his share of big game experiences. You may argue that he has had neither at Nebraska, but I don't think you can discount his experiences at ASU either.

I would say that Keller has enough experience to not be considered a first year starter. He also has had his share of big game experiences. You may argue that he has had neither at Nebraska, but I don't think you can discount his experiences at ASU either.

That was with them, I think you can determine that it is not the same when joining a different team. Although he has been with them all year in a Scout Team position, he will have to develop his niche quite quickly to make a diffence if and when he earns the job.

I agree withthe coach on this one.

I am not sold on Keller yet. Problems caused him to leave ASU. The team voted him out of the starter role for some reason, not just the coach. That indicates a problem.

After the spring game I will have a better idea if I think he is the answer or another wasted QB scholarship.

I think BC was trying to do things right, but I always have reservations about other people's problems. Stated that from day one.

Hopefully he proves me and the coach wrong.

Yes they won that last game for him, who cares? All of the players have said that they love Callahan and the other coaches. Yes callahan can bring them in here and the ones that dont want to be here can go to NC St. If you dont want to compete then dont plan on playing college ball let alone a shot in the nfl. that was just a ridiculous comment. You think the players that are going to usc and texas and ohio st. and all these other places who have all-americans every year look at them and say oh well ill go there bc i wont have to compete. Im sure thats what matt leinart said when he saw Carson Palmer there. Im sure that is what Jimmy Clausen said when he saw two four star qb's from last years class on notre dames roster. Give that point up, if youre good enough to play then youre good enough to play. As far as returning talent this is the most talent Nebraska has had in a long time. Especially at the skill positions. Im sorry that Solich inherited a group that just won the National Championship and Callahan inherited a group of people that were recruited to run the exact opposite of the west coast offense. Callahan won as many games as solich did in his last year, totally restructuring the offense and bringing in TOTALLY different personnel. Maybe Zac Taylor didnt deserve the Big 12 poy but I respect the hell out of him and he almost literally gave his life for Nebraska football. I love the guy, is the most athletic? Nope, but he saved Nebraska football and more than likely he saved Bill Callahan.

Maybe Zac Taylor didnt deserve the Big 12 poy but I respect the hell out of him and he almost literally gave his life for Nebraska football.

"he almost literally gave his life for Nebraska football?"

whu?

taylor showed a doubting nebraska fanbase that the WCO could work, it's not like he took a shank in the ribs for billy c. out in general population.

Maybe Zac Taylor didnt deserve the Big 12 poy but I respect the hell out of him and he almost literally gave his life for Nebraska football.

"he almost literally gave his life for Nebraska football?"

whu?

taylor showed a doubting nebraska fanbase that the WCO could work, it's not like he took a shank in the ribs for billy c. out in general population.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Ok well he obviously didnt almost die...that was taking it a bit far....but did you see the hits he took this year alone....and that was nothing compared to last year or the spring practice his first year when coaches even said he would take hit after hit after hit and just keep getting back up