Congdon Leaving Temporarily

DaveH

My son, who keeps up on these things said that the kicker we have offered a scholarship to for next year may decommit since he has been offered by Texas. Would leave us in a bind for next year.
I haven't heard of an offer from Texas, but Miami did offer him recently. As of 1/3 is is still strongly commited to NU.

If he has an offer from Texas, no one knows.

Nothing about an offer to Kunilac by Texas yet

That quote came from his kicking coach who has since stated that more than likely Congdon will NOT be the one donating his liver. He is homesick, and has some ill family. Much like Danny Muy, and Manaia Brown. Can't blame him for wanting to be close to family. One thing is for sure, he will not be back at NU. Look for him to end up at either San Diego St., or possibly a Pac-10 school when all is said and done.

Congdon

That's the way that I heard it, too. It's good that he wants to be around his family, but you have to admit that if the team acted like they needed him more (only let him kick 7 times this year after he went 19 for 23 last) or that they trusted him he might have been more motivated to stick around and make things work. That seems to be BC's way, just ignore players until they leave. It seems like there is a human factor missing from this coaching staff if players are bailing the way that they are. At this level, it's not a business, there is a lot of nurturing that needs to go on-- kids need to feel like they belong. I think that BC does the Xes and Os well, but can't really figure out humans.

I really think that JC left because he was homesick and knew that he might not be "the guy" next year. According to the LJS his old kicking coach Evan Arapostathis said there was, "a very slim chance," that Congdon will actually donate the organ. I wish the guy the best, but don't give him to much credit yet. If he donates the organ, then I'll call him a hero, right now to me he's just a homesick kid that left the team because of adversity, family or otherwise.

That's weird. There was a rumor that he would go to USC, but that had been put to bed. How can two articles have such different quotes?

Wonder if the sudden death of USC's kicker will have any effect on what kickers USC looks for, and who is available. Perfect (allbeit unfortunate) situation for a kid that is homesick for Cali, moving home, and looking for a place to go to school and kick.

Thoughts???

That's weird. There was a rumor that he would go to USC, but that had been put to bed. How can two articles have such different quotes?

Wonder if the sudden death of USC's kicker will have any effect on what kickers USC looks for, and who is available. Perfect (allbeit unfortunate) situation for a kid that is homesick for Cali, moving home, and looking for a place to go to school and kick.

Thoughts???

The timing is intriguing, that's for sure.

Thoughts???

Considering all of the speculation about Congdon wanting to return to the West Coast and being homesick, him transferring to USC was the first thing I thought of when I heard about the tragic death of their kicker. Congdon’s family issues, the death of the USC kicker, both very sad situations. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families. As much as I love Husker football, and as much a part of my life as it is, these type of situations really put things into perspective. If Congdon ends up at SC, then best of luck to him. I hope it works out, if he ends up back at NU, then that is great too. Either way there are more important things in life than college football. Not many, but there are a few.

I agree.........I don't know if USC would take him though considering his short range??? :dunno

Having that high-powered of an offense (yes, admit it....it is higher octane than NU's) they don't have to rely on the kicker as much. Might not be a concern?