Linebackers

Got this off of the red sea scrolls.

A student talking to Dillard was told by Dillard that it is looking like next year will be as follows

Will - Octo

Mike - Dillard

Sam - McKeon

Dont shoot the messenger just relaying

It would be great though get ruud out get more speed and better tackling our LB would be 100% improved

Why does EVERYONE hate on Ruud... He isnt the faster or strongest, but hes the smartest... he also had quite a few strips this year that really changed games. Ruud made so many more "big" plays than any of our LBs this year. Ruud will start with McKeon then Brandenburg, Octavien, or Dillard

I feel for Ruud too. Sure he's not the best out there, but he does make plays.

Anyways, looks like we'll be fine at the Linebacker position next year.

Okay guys.... I was the first to be critical of the fact that Ruud was awarded Big 12 post season honors, but fact is, league coaches must see things that us as FANS don't....I know that doesn't seem possible :) , but anyone who thinks that Ruud doesn't have a "leg up" on the rest of the LB's is kidding themselves..

Now, I love ALL of these guys, and it will be a great "problem" to have, BUT

1. Dillard has shown "ZERO"...over-matched as a freshman, and showed a little in what small amount

he got to play.....again, vs a much lesser opponent, not even close to Big 12 talent or USC

2. Octavian has potential to be an absolute stud.... but remember "The nation's number one wasted

resource is potential"...... When and can this guys stay healthy.... I have my doubts

3. Brandenberg can be a stud !!!!!

4. McKeon had a better year as a sophomore than this year, and in a few games, totally got his butt kicked

5. Ruud is soft, and a little slow....but has made more big plays than any of these guys combined !!!!!!

All I want you to remember is that all of these guys will compete, but don't automatically discount Ruud.

I don't see McKeon moving to strong side. I think it would benefit the defense more if Rudd and Dillard were both moved to strong side and let them battle for the starting spot. Dillard seems more suited for the strong side IMO. And Octo seems more suited for the weak side, thus the move of Rudd over to strong. Rudd may not be the best hitter but he is probally the best coverage linebacker that we have.