Things You Gotta Do On Gameday Visits?

Hi, I'm going to make the trip from Seattle to Omaha and Lincoln. I made this trip in '98 and feel that I didn't really have the true gameday/weekend experience. Can you help? What are six things that every out-of-towner should do/experience during a weekend visit? Eat a runza? Pre-game at Barry's? Pizza at Valentino's? I dunno....you tell me. Thanks!

Great question....

1. Go to the Sidetracks tavern the Friday night before the game !!

2. After closing down Sidetrack, hit a Taco Bell for a late nighter !!!

3. Saturday morning, start with a red-beer or a shot of hot-damn at Barry's !!!!

4. Move from Barry's to the Embassy Suites outdoor tail-gate for live music (no cover)!!!

5. Leave Embassy Suites and walk to Stadium (2 blocks), to follow band in 1 hr. before kick !!!

6. Get to seats about 40 min. to kick to take it all in....team leaving field, drumline, pre-game, tunnel walk.

Get ready to rock and roll !!!!

Eat gyros at Greorges, plus its right next to the strip of bars. I also like to follow the band into the stadium about an hour before kick off. But the best part of a trip is to just let it flow. You cant plan the best sh#t.

George ROCKS. I also reccomend a few 25 cent draws at Iguana's, perhaps an elk creek at Sandy's, thrpw some beers through the hole in the floor at Bodega's, or maybe going to N Zone and watching nepolo7 eat 46 wings per hour

Eat gyros at Greorges, plus its right next to the strip of bars. I also like to follow the band into the stadium about an hour before kick off. But the best part of a trip is to just let it flow. You cant plan the best sh#t.

George ROCKS. I also reccomend a few 25 cent draws at Iguana's, perhaps an elk creek at Sandy's, thrpw some beers through the hole in the floor at Bodega's, or maybe going to N Zone and watching nepolo7 eat 46 wings per hour

I'll tell you, the last, and first time I have been there in a long time, the elk creek at sandy's took care of me. Almost too good of care.

Wings at the Watering Hole are a must, especially if you get them grilled. Also, on Sunday, get 25c taco's at Crawdaddy's (is this the Georges you guys keep referring to? I didn't know they served gyro's, although I wonder how they could possibly beat the gyro's at Ali Babba's on 14th st).

The P.O. Pears signature burger (I can't remember exactly what it's called) is pretty special. It has peanut butter on it, which is totally wierd but also incredibly awesome.

Oh, and Yia Yia's pizza is fantastic. It has great food, and the largest selection of boutique beers I've ever seen. Only place in town where you can buy a $25 bottle of beer if you're so inclined. Pretty much any kind of beer you want, they have. Most of them are in bottles, not on tap, but their quality more than makes up for this. In some cases, Yia Yia's is the only place in the midwest where you can get these beers.

Wings at the Watering Hole are a must, especially if you get them grilled. Also, on Sunday, get 25c taco's at Crawdaddy's (is this the Georges you guys keep referring to? I didn't know they served gyro's, although I wonder how they could possibly beat the gyro's at Ali Babba's on 14th st).

The P.O. Pears signature burger (I can't remember exactly what it's called) is pretty special. It has peanut butter on it, which is totally wierd but also incredibly awesome.

Oh, and Yia Yia's pizza is fantastic. It has great food, and the largest selection of boutique beers I've ever seen. Only place in town where you can buy a $25 bottle of beer if you're so inclined. Pretty much any kind of beer you want, they have. Most of them are in bottles, not on tap, but their quality more than makes up for this. In some cases, Yia Yia's is the only place in the midwest where you can get these beers.

George's is the "GOurmet Grill on 14th and O"