TTIO

Purify- learn all of the routes. Learn to get off the line against physical corners that are playing bump and run. Practice running routes with Keller throwing the ball to get in a rythem with him. Practice blocking down field. Work on making better cuts when coming off the line and not rely on your athletic ability for every catch.

Nunn- work on catching the ball with your hands. Look it in to your hands, and then tuck it close to your body until the whistle is blown or you have scored a touchdown. Practice running routes with Keller throwing the ball to develop some chemistry with the quarterback. Become leader of the football team. Work on making harder cuts coming out of breaks. Work on getting off the line against physical corners.

Swift- hit the weight room and try to develop a little more speed and quickness. Work with Keller on timing and route running. Get healthy. Work on returning punts as you showed flashes of great things this past year. Work on getting off the line against physical corners.

Peterson- bulk up a little bit. Work with Keller on route running and timing. Work on getting out of breaks quicker and smoother. Work with Purify to help understand how you can use your body better against defenders. Possibly start learning a little tight end.

Holt, Henry, Brooks- learn the offense. Show in practice and on game day why the coaches have been praising you guys for. Get physical. Work on making plays, with amount of recievers that we will have next year, some may not get very many chances to make plays, when those opportunities arise, you must take advantage of them. Keep working on running routes and work with all the quarterbacks on timing.

Paul- learn the offense. Become a playmaker. Use your speed and hands to stretch the defense, not just vertically but on crossing patterns as well. Start working with Keller as quick as you can to develop some chemistry between the two. Be Physical.

Besides working on the routes the WRs need to work on coming back to the ball when the QB is scrambling. If they don't the DB will continue to make the play instead of them.

Something that Swift did a great job of in the Cotton Bowl. Wait, some people think that guy sucks.

Geze gamecocks, you are quite the receivers coach. Maybe you should send your resume to BC. but not bad for an arm chair quarterback.

Holy crap. Can't anyone say anything on this board that without this kind of comment? What is the point of a discussion board? To just post a lot of sycophantic drivel about how great everything is and how we just have to trust in the His Holiness Pope William I BC's infallible decisions? The "where did you coach" or "Where did you play" or any of those sort of sarcastic, over-used, and unfunny lines are right up there with "you have too much time on your hands" as my favorite methods that people use to try to discredit what someone says or does when he really doesn't have a counter-argument. Also included in this list are:

-He knows more than you do about football

-A true fan would/wouldn't X, Y, and/or Z [and any other statements questioning a critic's 'fandom']

-Making a post in a thread just to say how boring/pointless a thread is-- way to keep it alive, genius.

Conversely, there are some topics that really ought to draw "STFU!" sorts of comments, and I've been guilty on more than one occasion. I think that number 1 is Pelini. Sure, I think he was terrific, but bringing him up in some kind of dreamy, "Wish we had him back" thread ought to open you up to any of the silencing tactics listed above :) Of course, using his defense to compare to later defenses with the purpose of saying "What happened here?" as opposed to "Wish we had him back" seems like a different sort of Pelili usage all together.

To sort of stay on topic :) I am digging these TTIO threads. Definitely food for thought in the off season while I try to slowly ween myself off of college ball with NFL playoffs (hmm... what a neat idea).

i like the posts too gamecocks

djr313 i dont think swift sucks he just isnt what we need. when he is one of your top 3 WR you are just not very good

nunn need to work on selecting a good seat, one that will keep him comfortable all game long while he watches not plays

petersen add some weight and play TE would be good

Hardy see nunn

Henry Holt Brooks should know the system and play book, go out and catch the f'ing ball make plays thus taking pressure and double off of mopure

paul learn baby learn

mopure go the right way and to the right spots and dont talk about snow

Geze gamecocks, you are quite the receivers coach. Maybe you should send your resume to BC. but not bad for an arm chair quarterback.

Holy crap. Can't anyone say anything on this board that without this kind of comment? What is the point of a discussion board? To just post a lot of sycophantic drivel about how great everything is and how we just have to trust in the His Holiness Pope William I BC's infallible decisions? The "where did you coach" or "Where did you play" or any of those sort of sarcastic, over-used, and unfunny lines are right up there with "you have too much time on your hands" as my favorite methods that people use to try to discredit what someone says or does when he really doesn't have a counter-argument.

It's funny Glendower, but I didn't interpet Iowa's comment to Gamecocks as negatively as you did. :hmmph IMHO Game's suggestion were an interesting read. In fact, his whole TTIO genre are interesting. Iowa seems to be saying the same thing, albeit tongue in cheek.

based on results. There may have been times he was open and didnt get the ball but there were far more times where he simply did not have the speed to get open. Against real good Defenses our offense was anemic at best and that was due in large part to the passing game.

they would double purify and know that there other d backs could cover our guys one on one.

WR are needed that dont allow that to happen.

It seems to me that some of you take it personally. Swift is good dont get me wrong and playing him and petersen every down would be fine, but not if we want a Big 12 championship or more.

i am not knocking them personally but it is simple, to reach the level we as fans want then we have to go to the next level and while swift is a nice player i personally dont think he is the next level.

This is getting old man, the defending of swift and pedersen and some others. They are good players no problem admitting that.

I want them on the team and on the field at times

But what we are looking at is the end game, championships and as i go throught the elite teams of this year (Fla, LSU, MICH, USC, OSU, OU, Cal, Texas, Wisconsin, even Arkansas) what stands out to me is this.

Swift - would never see the field

Pedersen - would not see the field

Ruud - would not see the field

It does not mean i hate them, it does not mean they haven't been good for Nebraska, It does not mean they are bad people, It doesn't mean they suck!

It simply means we need to be better at several positions to get where we want to go.

I have never once come on the board and discounted their character or them as a person. I have strictly talked from a football standpoint.

some of us get so riled at the thought of them not playing it leaves me confused.

swift and pedersen may run great routes and catch the ball consistently, hmmmmmmmm Dewayne Jarret runs better routes with more speed and still catches the ball, so did Johnson from Ga tech, and Ted Ginn and on and on. Those players are out there and i personally think we have a few in purify, henry, holt, brooks, and paul

Those players actuall do see the field for the aforementioned teams

Octo Dillard Thenarse they play on those teams ruud doesnt

AGAIN I LOVE THOSE GUYS THEY ARE HUSKERS, ITS JUST MY OPINION THAT IF THEY ARE WHAT WE HANG OUR HAT ON THEN WE WONT BE VERY GOOD. AND I BELIEVE IF YOU LOOK AT IT FROM THIS STANDPOINT YOU HAVE TO AGREE. IF YOU DONT GREAT BUT I WOULD HAVE TO CHALLENGE you to look at it with an open mind not one that is closed to personal feelings and likes.

Sorry about the caps lock