TTIO

I agree with the post. I have done the same thing many times. Ill put in a post saying that shanle isnt good and things along that nature and all the sudden people are saying how he plays hard and he should be out there. I think Swift does have things to offer along with peterson- right now. In my opinion with the way things are going neither one of them would see the field if they were coming in as freshmen in 3-5 years. They just dont have the speed, strength or quickness as the receivers we are bringing in. I do think Swift is better than peterson. I agree, I am not saying they arent good people or havent contributed bc they have, but we really do have better athletes than those two. Im not sure how anyone can say that without peterson we wouldnt have won the a&m game. The ball hit him in the hands and he caught the ball. Good job, nobody ever said he cant catch. I would like to think that any one of our receivers could catch a ball with nobody around them that hit them directly in the hands. Look for Brooks, Holt and Henry to take over for those two- I hope anyway.

Is it impossible to respond in said thread to a comment that you disagree with? Grandstanding to try and make sure your voice is heard is getting a little ridiculous. This isn't LANDONHUSKERBOARD. Sorry for the caps.

i use funny pictures. everyone loves funny pictures.

Is it impossible to respond in said thread to a comment that you disagree with? Grandstanding to try and make sure your voice is heard is getting a little ridiculous. This isn't LANDONHUSKERBOARD. Sorry for the caps.

i use funny pictures. everyone loves funny pictures.

speaking of which, where are your pics hack? use up all your bandwidth?

swift and pedersen may run great routes and catch the ball consistently, hmmmmmmmm Dewayne Jarret runs better routes with more speed and still catches the ball, so did Johnson from Ga tech, and Ted Ginn and on and on. Those players are out there and i personally think we have a few in purify, henry, holt, brooks, and paul

You listed the 3 best Wideouts in the Country and Johnson may be the best College Footabll player in the land. Those guys are #1 receivers Swift is not. Compare our #1 Purify to those guys and we are still lacking and if you don't think we are see the OU game where he was a no show after the first play.

Swift = Good #3 option and he is also better then Nunn yet you always forget to include him in your repeated rants. I will ask what has Holt, Henry or Brooks shown that proves they are better then Swift? Holt dropped the only pas thrown his way this year, Brooks has never been thrown to and Henry was on the Scout team.

Im not sure how anyone can say that without peterson we wouldnt have won the a&m game. The ball hit him in the hands and he caught the ball. Good job, nobody ever said he cant catch. I would like to think that any one of our receivers could catch a ball with nobody around them that hit them directly in the hands. Look for Brooks, Holt and Henry to take over for those two- I hope anyway.

Honestly, my guess is that's exactly why you see Swift and Peterson on the field. They don't drop many passes. Nunn may be a better athlete, and Hardy may be faster, but you could pretty much count on each of them to drop 2 or 3 balls a game, even with no one around them and the ball hitting them directly in the hands.

Personally I look for our receiver play to be much improved this year. However, at this point Holt, Henry and Brooks are unproven commodities. They could be great, and the offense won't have to rely on perfect play calling and perfect spacing to get a completion. But for all I know, they're no better than anyone else at this point. We'll just have to wait and see.

Swift and Peterson are more the line of posession recrivers, not #1 recievers. They are not the fastest guys, but they have got themsleve open and made some pretty big plays. They run good routs, and dont drop the ball. It isnt always about speed. Sometimes you just need the first down, and a guy who knows to get ahead of the sticks. Not every play is for the TD.