Who really believes this?

Not the victory but the action;

Not the goal but the game;

In the deed the glory

Aside from a pretty humorous perversion by CMB, (http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14653) Post #22 to be exact) I am curious as to how those who frequent this board view the above quotation.

I am not looking to launch a flame war here, about supportinig or not supporting players or coaches. I am just really curious as to what others think? We have 74 days before the next spring game so let's hear what ya'll think.

:bonez

To me it means giving everything you have for the team, be it a player or a fan, not whether you win or lose but the total effort for the victory, but being professional in defeat.

That is what I see in the BC teams. Dedication, loyalty, perserverance. We lacked that in the past staff's teams it seemed to me.

We seem to be recruiting a different kind of kid. Better morals, character. Of course we have a couple that are questionable, but overall I feel better about the people BC is recuriting now. I think he is recruiting for the image of Nebraska, not just the athletic ability. Grad rate, no potential police problems.

I think he is recruiting for the image of Nebraska, not just the athletic ability. Grad rate, no potential police problems.

you know what the road to hell is paved with.. lol

unfortunately, we still have had some incidents with kids. i dont blame the coaches, they cant just lock their players in their dorm rooms/apartments/homes or hold their hands through everything.

To me it means the whole experience whether your a player or a fan.............it's stepping out from that tunnel and feeling the energy from the fans or if your a fan feeling the energy from the players. Soaking up every moment of the experience knowing that you may never feel that again!!! Whether you win or lose the game it's about the experience and the bonding that goes on with that experience. An example to me would be when we played Texas and we threw that half back pass and made a Touchdown..........I have never felt anything like that before. People hugging people they don't even know, screaming so loud it hurts your lungs!!! Then go from the emotional high to "the fumble" and hitting rock bottom. Still that game will never leave my memory. :horns2