OLB Ethan Davis

• 4 weeks later...

Ethan likes us a lot more than 5%.

Recently there was a death in his school. I think a classmate "wrapped his rig around a tree"(as Romey would say) and the local news was interviewing classmates about it. He was one of the interviewees and was wearing a Husker cap.

Very good news I would think. He seems to like us a lot and our staff seems to like him a lot.

I'm thinking more like 40%

• 1 month later...

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=636691

Ethan Davis, the 6-foot-3, 195 pound linebacker from Grapevine (Texas), has scholarship offers from Nebraska and Air Force, but favors Oklahoma. He says the Sooners lead solidly over Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

"If Oklahoma offered, I'd probably end up committing there," Davis said. "I love their defense and how fast they play. They are always going toward the ball. The coaches are really good and they are always a top team."

Davis grew up following the Sooners and says that they are his dad's favorite team. "He grew up a huge Oklahoma fan too, even though he went to Oklahoma State."

In fact, both his parents attended Oklahoma State. The Cowboys are only one hour from his house and he plans to attend their camp later this summer. "I'd probably prefer to stay somewhat close, but I'll go far if that's what I feel is right," Davis said. "I'd like to commit by August or September, so we'll see who else offers."

Davis attended the Oklahoma spring game a few weeks ago and also plans to attend their camp this summer. The Sooners are only about two and half-hours from his house. "It was a really cool atmosphere," he said. "The fans are amazing and I love how they had about 45,000 people there. They have really good facilities too."

His first scholarship offer was from Nebraska last September and he also plans to attend the Huskers camp. "I love their facilities," Davis said. "They are top class and have a huge weight room. I also like (offensive coordinator) coach Shawn Watson. He seems like a cool guy and I really like how they are still improving."

Although Wisconsin hasn't offered yet, he thinks the Badgers are close. "They said they'll be coming to my school during the spring and they seem to like me a lot," Davis said. "I think they are close to offering."

Notre Dame is another school that Davis has in his top five that hasn't offered, and Davis admits that the Irish aren't really recruiting him. "I heard a little from them during my season, but that's about it."

Davis finished his junior season with 41 tackles, six tackles for loss, two fumbles caused, two fumbles recovered and one interception. On offense, Davis had 36 catches for 617 yards and six touchdowns.

"I'm able to read the offense and can attack low," Davis said. "I fly to the ball and have great pursuit, but I really want to improve my size and strength (benches only 185 pounds). It would really help a lot to get stronger and I'd be able to play a lot more physical. Right now I use my moves more, but I'd like to be able to overpower people better."

Davis reports a 3.8 core GPA and is taking the SAT in May

• 2 months later...

Ethan likes us a lot more than 5%.

Recently there was a death in his school. I think a classmate "wrapped his rig around a tree"(as Romey would say) and the local news was interviewing classmates about it. He was one of the interviewees and was wearing a Husker cap.

Very good news I would think. He seems to like us a lot and our staff seems to like him a lot.

I'm thinking more like 40%

yes very good news that somebody died just warms me heart, it's just like christmas :hmmph:lol: