Student Taped

Irregular News for 02.05.07

Columbus, GA -- An elementary school teacher in Fort Gaines has been suspended after putting tape over the mouth of a fourth-grade student who wouldn't quit talking.

Dorothy Griffin acknowledged she put tape over the 10-year-old's mouth Wednesday afternoon and said she is remorseful, said Clay County schools Superintendent Grady Miles, who is investigating the incident.

The girl's mother, Julia Roberson of Fort Gaines, said her daughter suffers from attention deficit hypertension disorder. Roberson says her daughter seemed upset when she picked her up Wednesday afternoon.

"I said, 'What's happened?' She said, 'Mrs. D. put tape over my mouth,' " Roberson said.

Roberson said her daughter also told her the teacher told other students to be quiet if they didn't want that to happen to them.

Griffin was trying to get students' attention and, while she was taping up a book at a desk beside the girl's desk, she took a strip of tape and put it over the girl's mouth, Miles said.

"She reportedly was telling the child to quit talking. She tore the tape off and politely put it around her mouth. She's a nice lady. She just made the wrong decision," he said.

Miles declined to say whether Griffin, who has been teaching at the school for about five years, was suspended with or without pay. He said he hopes to handle the incident without taking it to the Clay County School Board.

source

It's the easiest way to have kids with no responsibility just blame it on any disorder then you can relax and let the meds do the parenting. :angry: course on the flip side if ya knock the livin' sh#t out of them once ya get to spend the night in the local iron bar hotel. :) nope not gonna tell any attorney jokes.

Going to school at Everett Jr High {now it's a grade school} I know a couple of times this one guy would have liked to have had just tape put on his mouth. Once the teacher slamed his face down on the desk, gave him a blody nose, jerked him out of his seat than hauled him off to the office. Before he left he looked at me as I was in the next seat across from him and asked me if I had any thing to say. I looked him right in the eye and said "nope". :lol:

GBR!!!

I told my wife that kids these days try this bullsh#t scare tactic: "If you touch me I'll call the police!!!" you know what I would do if that was my kid saying that: "You better tell them to send an ambulance while they are at it because your little a$$ is going to need it!!!" Disrespectful little jerks...... :angry:

I told my wife that kids these days try this bullsh#t scare tactic: "If you touch me I'll call the police!!!" you know what I would do if that was my kid saying that: "You better tell them to send an ambulance while they are at it because your little a$$ is going to need it!!!" Disrespectful little jerks...... :angry:

remember the american kid in the phillipines that got flogged with a cane for tagging cars? bet he never spray paints another car again.