Scott Frost

np_husker

Im glad scott frost is going to Northern Iowa and getting more experience, but i go to school at kstate and it was nice to get to meet him and run into him several times at the bars(he never was drinking). The first time i met him i actually wasn't positive if it was him because i was unsure if he got the job at kstate yet. So, i went up to this other big guy that was with him and ask if that was scott frost and he said yeah it was. Funny thing was i guess i asked Ian Cambell - a big time d-line for kstate. HAHA I thought it was pretty funny because he was probably thinking i wanted to know about him

:bonez

Haha I liked watching frost play quite a lot. Sure, getting shut out by ASU was definitely uncool, he picked himself up and became quite popular... well... I thought so, anyway. I Guess I wasn't on line talking about these things back then. Yeah, he was disliked his first year (and who wouldn't be following Tommie??), but after he flattened some linebackers... well... I think he won our hearts. I would like to see him back coaching (not necessarily HC), too... unless he sucks... then they should fire him ;)

Speaking of the 1996 ASU shut out of Nebraska I would like to give a hat tip to an American Hero, Pat Tillman.

I was at that depressing 1996 game at ASU when Frost and the NU offense was shut out 19-0.

Pat Tillman DOMINATED Scott Frost in that game. He played Nebraska's option offense like I had NEVER seen before.

UNBELIEVABLE. He would make Scott pitch and then tackle Ahman. He stuck Frost a few times big time.

In this youtub Pat Tillman tribute you can see Nebraska game where Tillman forced Ahman to fumble and then recovered the fumble HIMSELF!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cSWh6fvsPYE

I know Scott Frost and he can be a real prick.

Going to K-State as a GRAD ASSISTANT when he could have gone to UNI LAST YEAR, which he is now going to go to. Kind of reminds me of when he went to Standford and told Osborne to stick it.

I feel we "earned" our National Championships in 1970, 1971, 1994, and 1995 but NOT in 1997.

Scott wrote out a speech and then "begged" for it after the game and used TOM OSBORNE'S RETIREMENT to campaign for a split National Championship.

This speech wasn't done for Tom Osborne.

This was done for SCOTT FROST. He's a selfish prick...

Scott has made some very poor decisions and going to K-State was disgusting on his part. UNI offered him a paying job LAST YEAR and even though he knows how poorly it would look if he went to K-State for FREE.

F Frost.

odd. he has nothing but good things to say about you.

Going to K-State as a GRAD ASSISTANT when he could have gone to UNI LAST YEAR, which he is now going to go to. Kind of reminds me of when he went to Standford and told Osborne to stick it.

yah, he hated osborne so much he came back to play two years for the huskers. wotta jerk!

I feel we "earned" our National Championships in 1970, 1971, 1994, and 1995 but NOT in 1997.

Scott wrote out a speech and then "begged" for it after the game and used TOM OSBORNE'S RETIREMENT to campaign for a split National Championship.

they didn't split the national championship between MICHIGAN and SCOTT FROST; it was MICHIGAN and NEBRASKA.

look, say what you will about scott frost (you obviously have), but you can't deny what he said to the coaches after putting the wood to tennessee. his point was that if you were a coach, your job were on the line and you needed a win to keep your job, who would you have played?

frost put it out there: mr. coach of Jerkwater State, if you think your team could have beaten nebraska, then vote for Michigan. if on the other hand you think that the your team has good chance against michigan, then you have to vote for nebraska.

it's damned simple. nebraska *was* the better team. they weren't great, but they were more than a match for the '97 wolverines. anyone who thinks different probably shouts "GO BLUE" in awkward moments and has a shrine to bo schembeckler in the closet of his bedroom complete with an eternal flame.

michigan managed to edge out #7 Washington State in the final moments of the game. and Washington very well could have pulled it off if it weren't for some poor decisions concerning their timeouts. final score was 21-16, wolverines for the win.

michigan was good, but no-where near the hype that ESPN and ABC was playing them up to be.

nebraska beat #3 tennessee led by *freakin'* payton manning and he got put into the ground more times than a tent stake. ahman green blew the doors off of the volunteers. jason peter? even without christian to egg him on, he was a complete beast. the final was Nebraska 42, Tennessee 17.

nebraska shouldn't have shared the national championship that year: it should have gone to the Huskers and the Huskers alone.

frost may have been self-serving, but that didn't stop him from being right in this one instance.

Scott has made some very poor decisions and going to K-State was disgusting on his part. UNI offered him a paying job LAST YEAR and even though he knows how poorly it would look if he went to K-State for FREE.

F Frost.

forget the fact that you believe that scott frost is TEH DEV1L!!!! and look at it from a professional level.

he got a year at k-state and gets some realtime coaching experience against 12 schools. and this is bad for his career... how?

i don't know what frost did to you personally, man: beat your dog, keep you from getting your dream job, makeout with your sister and your mother and post the video to youtube... whatevah!

get some help, friend, because hating one person that much can't be healthy.

I don't care if he was responsible for the The Eagles breaking up, he's still my favorite Husker QB.... How many people can say they de-cleated Dat Nyguen... he was probably the scariest running QB we've had, as far as pure strength and power go... Not to mention he gave Dr. Tom and Husker Nation a Championship...

Haha I liked watching frost play quite a lot. Sure, getting shut out by ASU was definitely uncool, he picked himself up and became quite popular... well... I thought so, anyway. I Guess I wasn't on line talking about these things back then. Yeah, he was disliked his first year (and who wouldn't be following Tommie??), but after he flattened some linebackers... well... I think he won our hearts. I would like to see him back coaching (not necessarily HC), too... unless he sucks... then they should fire him ;)

Speaking of the 1996 ASU shut out of Nebraska I would like to give a hat tip to an American Hero, Pat Tillman.

I was at that depressing 1996 game at ASU when Frost and the NU offense was shut out 19-0.

Pat Tillman DOMINATED Scott Frost in that game. He played Nebraska's option offense like I had NEVER seen before.

UNBELIEVABLE. He would make Scott pitch and then tackle Ahman. He stuck Frost a few times big time.

In this youtub Pat Tillman tribute you can see Nebraska game where Tillman forced Ahman to fumble and then recovered the fumble HIMSELF!!!!

F Frost.

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

I don't know him like you say you do, all I ever saw was him on TV playing for us. He took us to a N/C and had a great carrier for Nebraska. That's all I can judge him on. He kept his nose clean while he was there and since he's left. Good Husker and good citizen, can't ask for much more than that.

GBR!!!

F Frost.

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

I don't know him like you say you do, all I ever saw was him on TV playing for us. He took us to a N/C and had a great carrier for Nebraska. That's all I can judge him on. He kept his nose clean while he was there and since he's left. Good Husker and good citizen, can't ask for much more than that.

GBR!!!

:yeah

In terms of poor decisions, how can you say Frost going to Stanford was a poor decision? Bill Walsh was the head coach. Bill Walsh is the forefather of the WCO. Frost still holds I believe the class C passing yardage record here in Nebraska. Bill Walsh recruited him hard. Frost didn't come back to NU because of loyalty felt here. He came back to NU because Walsh retired and the next guy wanted to change the offense. If you wanted to play QB at the professional level, would you go to Stanford or Nebraska considering the offenses ran in the early 90's? If Walsh had stayed for Frost's last 2 or 3 years at Stanford, he would not have come back to Nebraska. Another thing about the Stanford Frost situation that most don't know or realize is the fact that by Scott going to Stanford, his brother got to tag along and pick up a scholarship. His brother had been playing at Colorado State as I believe a walk on.

In terms of his choosing to go to KState over UNI last year, again if you wanted to coach which would give you better exposure to big time college football?

In terms of poor decisions, how can you say Frost going to Stanford was a poor decision? Bill Walsh was the head coach. Bill Walsh is the forefather of the WCO. Frost still holds I believe the class C passing yardage record here in Nebraska. Bill Walsh recruited him hard. Frost didn't come back to NU because of loyalty felt here. He came back to NU because Walsh retired and the next guy wanted to change the offense. If you wanted to play QB at the professional level, would you go to Stanford or Nebraska considering the offenses ran in the early 90's? If Walsh had stayed for Frost's last 2 or 3 years at Stanford, he would not have come back to Nebraska.

Still doesn't explain why WALSH moved him to SAFETY and he came back to NEBRASKA to play QUARTERBACK. What you just said completely contradicts what actually happened and what Frost said regarding his transfer. I am sure the exact link is still available if you go back far enough on here.

Since we are bagging on the guy.

I’m still mad at him for getting involved with Larry Phillips woman. That proves he was only in it for himself and not the team. If he would have just come out of the bathroom Larry could have fought him instead of the girl and he wouldn’t have had to miss any games. <_<

Also I’ll never forget him for running into that tractor in Tabor, Iowa. ;)

I think he is responsible for the bird flu as well.

I do think he turned his back on NU out of High School and when things didn’t go as planned he “Becked” it back home. :madash

I have no problems with Frost leaving Nebraska for Stanford out of high school. He did what he thought was best at the time, which is all any of us can do.

Also, for as much as I love Husker football and can't imagine why a Nebraska kid wouldn't want to play for the Huskers, I do acknowledge that from time to time it will happen, but I don't think any less of the kid.

I have no problems with Frost leaving Nebraska for Stanford out of high school. He did what he thought was best at the time, which is all any of us can do.

Also, for as much as I love Husker football and can't imagine why a Nebraska kid wouldn't want to play for the Huskers, I do acknowledge that from time to time it will happen, but I don't think any less of the kid.

Hmm... scholarship at stanford. There isn't much I wouldn't do for that. I love the University and am going to have a number of degrees from this institution, but if someone offered me a scholarship to stanford... hmm... well, actually, that might be kind of a tough call because my adviser is one of the top men in his field... but still Stanford... :)

And I think that before we start talking about how much he did or didn't love the team blah blah blah, we have to ask how many players are here because they love the team vs. several self-promoting interests. Loving the team and the state and the school are fantastic, no question, but it's pretty naive to assume that people see that big red N and swoon. People see a national stage to showcase their skills and great facilities that will best develop their skills that will in turn be showcased. I think a lot of the dead-enders (no offense intended by this, just being really blunt) are probably more school and team oriented than the really great players. I strongly doubt that Swift will be going pro... this is The It for him. I love watching him play and he is probably one of my favorites on the team. He probably won't play in a super bowl, he'll never kiss a lombardi trophy, so he plays ever day to get whatever he can out of this team.

That is true for *most* players, of course, and it is not to say that the showcase players don't have this drive and love, but I can't blame them if they don't. I don't hope to publish to make the school look better, though it can, nor to make my adviser look better, though it can-- I want my CV to look good. I guess it's similar to Ayn Rand's philosophy (however uneasy it makes me to say that ;) )-- striving to be my best and the 'good' trickles up, down, and all around.

So what if the guy came here selfishly? He helped NU win a goddamned national championship! What more do you want? You want something "good" in his heart while he does it? Hell, he could be out there thinking about killing kittens for all I care, but if he runs through on an option and picks up a block, what does it matter?

Similarly, I don't want people to act like jerks off the field either-- to a destructive level, I mean. LP was great on the field, but his actions off the field are going ot be carried by the program and TO for years to come. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not going to question a guy's motive if he gets things done and isn't a jackass. You might not like him personally, but just accusing him of being self-involved or self-centered is such a moot point. How many people work where they work because they just love it so much and not because of the paycheck? Would you do it for free? How much less would you take to do your job? And, no, you can't say "I'd do it for free if..." because the 'if' is usually added to diminish sacrifices that you'd have to make outside of work. You want to live, you want to be happy, you don't want your S.O. to leave you... But you can't erase that stuff-- you have self-interested motives in *everything* you do, some people can just frame it better than others.

Oh... hmm... end rant. :)