Wanting Stoops?

Stoops is a defensive minded coach, so I don't know how you can say he would have totally scrapped the offense. Stoops runs whatever offense that works the best that year. The year they one the NC, he did sling the ball around a lot. However with AP, he's been running a power running attack offense. He'll run whatever offense that best fits his personnell. OU in 2006 was the second youngest team in D1 football. He made a BCS game with them. He was one call away from maybe playing for a NC. Again IMO, he does more with less than Mack Brown does.

So Stoops changes his offense around his players and talent instead of making his players fit his offense.

Did Stoops run the option his first year since that is the Offensive Talent he had? I say no. He went out and got a Juco Qb to throw the ball around. Also does Quentin Griffen ring a bell? They have always been a balanced offensive team and that hasn't change even with Peterson at RB and Thompson at QB. Jason White threw the ball all over teh field the same year that Peterson ran for 1900 yards. Don't act like they just turned and handed the ball off to Peterson.

Uh yeah.....Whatever you are talking about u must be right :point

My point was the Stoops didn't base his offense on the players he had. He went out and got a QB that could run the offense he wanted to run. Also it was mentioned that they turned to a power running team with Peterson yet they ran the ball just as much with Griffen out or the same formation as well. I will type slower next time. :nanalama

Thanks for telling me I was right though. :clap

I heard that Stoops was the #1 for Byrne also. I say "Hell yeah!" This is just another reason why we really lost out when Bill went to Aggieland.

If $Bill was still here then Solich would still be here. He wouldn't have brought in Stoops. I' m sure you knew that though. :thumbs

:yeah

I heard that Stoops was the #1 for Byrne also. I say "Hell yeah!" This is just another reason why we really lost out when Bill went to Aggieland.
Yup, the grass was always greener yesterday. You might consider joining AR Husker for the "Way Back Hour" weeknights at 7 PM. I believe this week he'll be talking about when soda was a nickel and how great that was. :)

If $Bill was still here then Solich would still be here. He wouldn't have brought in Stoops. I' m sure you knew that though. :thumbs

Didn't Byrne want to get someone other than Solich but Osborne didn't want that? I personally dont think he was that good of an AD but he had the right idea with NOT wanting to let Solich take over. Yes its the past but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if there had been an active search for a coach (not that the process for Callahan was that active.)

Didn't Byrne want to get someone other than Solich but Osborne didn't want that? I personally dont think he was that good of an AD but he had the right idea with NOT wanting to let Solich take over. Yes its the past but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if there had been an active search for a coach (not that the process for Callahan was that active.)

Yeah, if the legendary coach didn't pull a power move and maybe let the AD do his job, things may have been different. Who knows, maybe Byrne would have ended up going with Solich after all and this would all be moot. I think that, like others have said, it probably didn't matter who was going to be there at that time, the coach was set up for failure(at least in fans' eyes). 3 titles in 4 years is a lot to live up to. What's done is done, though. Solich was the coach, Callahan is the coach and Stoops is the whiny bastard coach at OU. This thread like the many others that have popped up are showing that spring practice needs to start, the basketball team needs to get more competitive and baseball season needs to kick into full gear. NOT ENOUGH COOL STUFF TO TALK ABOUT!

Yup, the grass was always greener yesterday. You might consider joining AR Husker for the "Way Back Hour" weeknights at 7 PM. I believe this week he'll be talking about when soda was a nickel and how great that was. :)

And comics were just a dime. Ah, heaven...