Titus Brothers

-- BROTHERS GONE: Titus Brothers, a senior cornerback from San Antonio who twice helped preserve Nebraska wins with last-moment plays, is no longer with the team. In 2004, he helped bat down a pass on the final play of a 24-17 triumph at Pittsburgh. And in 2005, he made a game-saving tackle on the wild final play of an Alamo Bowl triumph against Michigan

Thats to bad he had a couple nice plays, but he probably wouldnt have been on the field much this year. Good Luck Titus :bonez

The guy realized he wasn't going to see much action and decided to move on. Not to be mean but if he couldn't crack the two deep last year he sure as heck wasn't going to this year. I love how whenever a kid decides to leave the team it must mean he was "kicked to the curb" Good luck to Titus, i believe he still plans on getting his degree and hopefully he is very successful in whatever he does after college.

The guy realized he wasn't going to see much action and decided to move on. Not to be mean but if he couldn't crack the two deep last year he sure as heck wasn't going to this year. I love how whenever a kid decides to leave the team it must mean he was "kicked to the curb" Good luck to Titus, i believe he still plans on getting his degree and hopefully he is very successful in whatever he does after college.

I base my comment on Elmo's track record with other players such as Adrain Turner. He said a player a short as Turner would never play and then they recruit Cortney Grixby.

I base my comment on Elmo's track record with other players such as Adrain Turner. He said a player a short as Turner would never play and then they recruit Cortney Grixby.

Grixby was offered a schollarship by Solich. It is almost always the case that if a new coach is hired (especially as late in the recruiting cycle as Callahan was) that the new coach honors the schollarship offers of the previous coach. Also, coming out of high school Grixby was highly touted (top 5 in that nation I believe). So even if Elmo has some history of saying that he doesn't like small corners he had almost nothing to do with the offering/recruitment of Grixby.