Too early for a top 25 but...

Nice to see we get to start the season with the no respect card.
Does NU really deserve it at this point?

We may or may not...but IMO, why shouldn't we? .

Why shouldn't we? For one we haven't come out and beat a power house team in a while. We've came close, but that only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades :) Couple that with the fact that talking heads like to beat NU up whenever possible and you get what the original poster linked ;)

look, there are a ton of questions about the defense overall and the offense as well. we have depth problems, mostly due to injuries all over the place and a bunch of receivers who can't catch a cold. can we be good this year, maybe, but we got a heapin' helpin' of things to overcome, like getting through spring practice with no more key injuries! patience!!

Do UCLA and kentucky deserve more than NU? ND? I mean come on. No we are not top 15, but we are certianly justified to be at least 20-25

Both of those teams won their bowl games.

I am one that thinks we get every bit of recoginition we deserve. The media had us tagged for our downfall long before it happened. No talent, no recruiting and a coach that was in over his head. These things were stated a couple of years before the wheels fell off. But of course the vast majority thought they were crazy. Proof is in the pudding.

I agree some are tools, but overall we have not deserved anything positive, we have done very little positive and until we do, I really have no problem with them stating close to if not facts.

Win the games, you earn respect. Some teams do not have to I agree, but we do. That is the story. We have people on this board that feel just like most of the writers. They don't buy into the rose colored glasses. Win the games and all are believers.

Just win baby.

Do UCLA and kentucky deserve more than NU? ND? I mean come on. No we are not top 15, but we are certianly justified to be at least 20-25

Both of those teams won their bowl games.

Kentucky beat Clemson by 8 points and Clemson is not ranked according to Dodd, UCLA got rocked 44-27 by Florida State who is ranked 24th By Dodd, Nebraska lost by a field goal and had a chance to win the game in the final seconds to Auburn, who Dodd has ranked 11th... which of those three deserve to be ranked again?

I am one that thinks we get every big of recoginition we deserve. The media had us tagged for our downfall long before it happened. No talent, no recruiting and a coach that was in over his head. These things were stated a couple of years before the wheels fell off. But of course the vast majority thought they were crazy. Proof is in the pudding.

I agree some are tools, but overall we have not deserved anything positive, we have done very little positive and until we do, I really have no problem with them stating close to if not facts.

Win the games, you earn respect. Some teams do not have to I agree, but we do. That is the story. We have people on this board that feel just like most of the writers. They don't buy into the rose colored glasses. Win the games and all are believers.

Just win baby.

:yeah

spot on.

I agree that you have to win games to earn respect but he has Florida State and admits its because Bobby Bowden retooled his staff. To me that would be more insecurities then we have. I know we have trouble spots but seriously, This is just guys opinion. its way to early to put anything out there other then optimism. I could put out a preseason poll that would mean just as much as this guys.