Why I became a Husker Fan

Great story and I'll be taking a buddy of mine to the ISU vs. Neb game to show him what a real college football stadium is like. I would bet the farm that he is going to be very impressed. I bought my Texas vs. Neb. tickets last year on ebay, but I paid a lot for them and I was in the top of the South endzone. It was expected though considering the game. :bonez:bonez:bonez

Thanks everybody!! I wouldn't have expected any differently. Any advice on scooping up some USC tickets? I hate to travel to Lincoln without the tix, but what do you think? Should I buy them ahead of time off of something like Ebay or just try to scalp them when I get there? What are my chances of not getting in if I wait to scalp them when I get there?

Thanks!

It will be almost impossible to get them for face or close to it either way. I would wait until game day and try to find an old lady selling them. If you have any contacts in Nebraska ask them to try to find you a season ticket holder and for some reason can't go to the game

Its sounds like you haven't been to Owen Field in Norman yet.

Its good in Lincoln, but I would hold off on throwing all of my eggs in one basket VA.

Check it out.

Go back to Norman! You have got to be joking! I have been to a game at Hillbilly U and there is no comparison to a game in Lincoln. We have 276? consecutive sell outs. How many do you have?

Its good in Lincoln, but I would hold off on throwing all of my eggs in one basket VA.

Check it out.

I'll be there..... :sarcasm

My wife is very loyal fan of gymnastics and wants to visit the hall of game there.....I said I would dress myself in nothing but Husker red and then take a dump at Owen field on our way out of town.

Check it out.

I stopped in Norman to visit some friends on my way to the Cotton Bowl and I LOVE all the looks I got wearing Husker gear. Ive heard its a great place to watch games but arent the fans somewhat bandwagoners? I know every team has them but it seems like we always pack the stadium with 99% of the best in Husker Red. Thats just what ive heard, not stating fact, just asking.

WOW! This is great to hear. Most people I know that are non-Husker fans say we're just exaggerating the "Best/Most Respectful fans in the Nation" thing. Well, this proves that we are not just blowing smoke up our @$$. This is great to hear and I'm glad you had a good time and welcome to the good side. :bonez

Sorry Sooner, I'm stickin' with the Huskers!! This is for you:

You know you're from Oklahoma when:

You've been on TV more than 5 times describing the sound of a tornado

You can't get married to your sweetheart because there's a law against it

You've ever climbed a water tower with a bucket of paint to defend your sister's honor

Someone asks to see your ID and you show them your belt buckle

The Blue Book value of your truck goes up and down depending on the amount of gas in the tank

Just having some fun. Found this link though, pretty funny: http://wally83.tripod.com/jokes.html

You've ever climbed a water tower with a bucket of paint to defend your sister's honor

The Blue Book value of your truck goes up and down depending on the amount of gas in the tank

Just having some fun. Found this link though, pretty funny: http://wally83.tripod.com/jokes.html

:rollin You learn quickly!! Nice.

:rollin:nutz:corndance NICE! You'll fit in here nicely! Welcome!

When I have gone to games in Lincoln I thought I was in an old folks home. I have never seen so many silver hairs in all my life. Folks up there don't let there tickets go. Hince the reason they have to blare rock music when the opposing teams have the ball and turn it down right before they snap it. to "simulate crowd noise" And your student section is smaller than ours.

I would have to say the loudest stadium in the Big 12 is Kyle field in College Station Texas.

Also when I was there , in Lincoln there were empty seats next to me the whole game, and a few around me as well.

I don't buy the "sellout" myth. I 'm sure all the tickets were sold, but I'm wondering why there were not butts in those seats?

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed seeing games up there, and you guys are a proud bunch, for sure, but you should take in a game in Norman against OSWho, or the Biggest game in football, the OU-Texass match-up. We don't need Rock music between plays.

I was at the last Nu ou game in Norman with a 12 year old . We left in the third quarter because we were getting heckled so bad. Followed all the way to the car by ten or so guys chanting Nebraska sucks.

Ya you got a beautiful stadium. No denying that. At least the BLUE hairs dont make you feel threatened enough to leave in the middle of the game.