Zac Taylor, Herian Sign Free-Agent Deals with Bucs

With Ruud already there, if Taylor and Herian make the team the Bucs will officially become my favorite NFL franchise. I don't have a favorite NFL team, I just root for former Huskers, so if three of my recent favorites all end up on the same squad that'd be pretty cool.

Hopefully Taylor can beat out Gradkowski for the 3rd QB job.............

You see some of those tool's comments? "Professional Courtesy"? sh#t, I'd take a "professional courtesy" any day if it put a few thousand dollars in my pocket. TommyOC talks like NFL teams just like to knowingly throw money down the toilet. What a joker.

Both of them face an uphill battle. Taylor has a shot because of Gradkowski's inconsistency and the fact that Garcia is ancient. Plus, Simms is hardly a proven product.

Herian has a tougher go because the Bucs already have 5 tight ends on their roster, including newly-signed free agent Jerramy Stevens, who is pretty good despite his problems in Seattle.

I am kinda surprised anyone gave Herian a chance. Really.

The sad thing about Herian is that, if he hadn't broken his leg, he would have been - in all likelihood - a first-rounder. I'm glad that someone gave him a chance, but I don't think that he will ever recover sufficiently to play in the NFL. Hope I'm wrong.

The Bucs signing Stevens really hurts Herian's chances. I think Taylor has a shot at becoming the #3 QB in Tampa. While Simms and Garcia aren't world beaters they got 1 and 2 locked up. But getting #3 is certainly doable.

I wouldn't be so sure that Chris Simms stays with Tampa Bay this season.

The Bucs signing Stevens really hurts Herian's chances. I think Taylor has a shot at becoming the #3 QB in Tampa. While Simms and Garcia aren't world beaters they got 1 and 2 locked up. But getting #3 is certainly doable.

I wouldn't be so sure that Chris Simms stays with Tampa Bay this season.

Also Gradkowski blows and Garcia is getting old. Some people say Taylor to the Bucs is bad, but looking at their Qb's I have to disagree.

Both of them face an uphill battle. Taylor has a shot because of Gradkowski's inconsistency and the fact that Garcia is ancient. Plus, Simms is hardly a proven product.

Herian has a tougher go because the Bucs already have 5 tight ends on their roster, including newly-signed free agent Jerramy Stevens, who is pretty good despite his problems in Seattle.

Do you think that Callahan had anything to do with them getting invited to tryout for the Buc's. :thumbs

GBR!!!