Big 12's best receiving tandem

Big 12's best receiving tandem

The Athlon Sports 2007 Big 12 College Football Annual breaks down the Big 12's best receiving tandem in Nebraska's Maurice Purify and Terrence Nunn, as well as the rest of the Big 12. This year's edition also examines everything that goes into an offensive coordinator's play calling, Oklahoma's incredible stable of running backs, a Colt Hero at Texas and why junior college players have found a home with the Huskers. And of course, we reveal our Big 12 Championship Game pick, predict the All-Big 12 teams and provide you with everything else you need to know about the upcoming football season. Order your 2007 annual today!

that is kind of surprising. Nunn doesn't seem to be that great to me. He has trouble holding on to the ball.... he does have a lot of experience, this year he will be OK if he can just catch the ball!

I think Purify will wind up being one of the best receivers in the country by the end of the season. The first NFL caliber WR to come out of NU for well....a long ass time.

PS - looks like nunn has a beer belly.

that is kind of surprising. Nunn doesn't seem to be that great to me. He has trouble holding on to the ball.... he does have a lot of experience, this year he will be OK if he can just catch the ball!

I think Purify will wind up being one of the best receivers in the country by the end of the season. The first NFL caliber WR to come out of NU for well....a long ass time.

I disagree, T-Nun is quite good for his size. He runs great routes.

Speaking of Purify, He loves his bowling. I see him at Sun Valley at least once a week. Apparently he started a couple years ago and has already bowled a 300.

Pic of him and some of my friends:

n17219777317122057186ok1.jpg

I disagree, T-Nun is quite good for his size. He runs great routes.

Runs great routes, gets open so the ball can get to him, but he needs to catch it before he is "Quite good" in my book. If you are a Quite Good receiver you shouldn't drop the ball, thats your main purpose of existence.

Think about what this is saying. Callahan turned the worst WR corp into the best in three years.

Exactly!

In time folks (be patient) the talent will cacth up . We will get deep at all positions with talent. That and Calli is learning the college game. He will get it right real soon IMO.

Think about what this is saying. Callahan turned the worst WR corp into the best in three years.

Exactly!

In time folks (be patient) the talent will cacth up . We will get deep at all positions with talent. That and Calli is learning the college game. He will get it right real soon IMO.

Great points from both of you guys. :clap