Exclusive: The alley owner sets the record straight on the MO Pur issue

1620 is reading the police report (or some report) right now. Sounds like Mo was there to fight somebody that took his friends ID the week before at the rail. Sounds like he started the fight and turned to strike the girl as well. 2 charges of assault. Trespassing. Resisting Arrest. And blew a .126 at the station. Doesn't sound good.

However....this thing (and that's what they are saying right now) probably will get plead down and be a fine and probation. Just what BC and the university decides will be interesting.

Also....just interesting....'thealley' is named Josh. 2 of the people involved in the incident (one from the alley and one from the rail) are both named Josh.

Police reports generally support whatever action the cops choose to take. For example, there could have been a dozen witnesses there that saw the bouncer take aggressive action against Purify but sense the bouncer wasn't arrested the cops would never put the other witnesses in the report.

Fine and probation, plus one missed game. Purify will be back for WF.

The guy didn't strike Mo. He tried unsuccessfully to get Mo off of him. Mo was on top of this guy and choking him when the girl intervened and he then struck her.

Thats why he wasn't arrested. He was attacked and never hit Mo according to witnesses which police put in the report.

The police did take witness information.

Now had Mo left after they kicked him out of the bar after the fight... we might not of heard anything about this. But nooooo he hangs aroung trying to get back in, once trying to scale the beer garden fence (there's your tresspassing charge) so the bar calls the police in. Takes 4 cops to handcuff him.

Sounds like more than a 1 game suspension to me. He did more than LP did and LP missed most of the season. Lets see... legally drunk. Disburbing the peace (dunno if he was charged this but he cussed out anyone and everyone around that night), assaults not 1 but 2 ppl, refuses to leave, resists arrest. LP just pushed his ex against wall and dragged her down the stairs by her hair. He might have a couple witnesses in his corner but versus how many for the county including police?

This isn't like he threw a plastic cup this time...

He didn't do more than LP did. LP Broke in to an ex GF appt and beat her than sent her down a flight of steps. Lets not get crazy here.

Huh? LP didn't strike her. He had her up against the wall with a choke hold and then drug her down some stairs by her hair. Even Scott Frost reported he didn't strike her.

Lets see. Mo gets sloppy drunk, assaults not one but 2 ppl. Refuses to leave after they toss him from the joint, tries to get back in and fight some more when he could of left (at least LP was smart enough to leave)and then resists arrest once the police arrives. If this isn't as bad if not worse, I don't know what is... Wake up ppl... WE DIDN'T NEED THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!

Slamming a girl against the wall and choking her is a beating to me. Dragging her down a flight of stairs by her hair is even worse.

Mo supposedly hit a girl. We don't know if it was on purpose or not. Either way it isn't anything near what LP did. LP went to that appartment with the motive of hurting her specificaly.

1620 is reading the police report (or some report) right now. Sounds like Mo was there to fight somebody that took his friends ID the week before at the rail. Sounds like he started the fight and turned to strike the girl as well. 2 charges of assault. Trespassing. Resisting Arrest. And blew a .126 at the station. Doesn't sound good.

However....this thing (and that's what they are saying right now) probably will get plead down and be a fine and probation. Just what BC and the university decides will be interesting.

Also....just interesting....'thealley' is named Josh. 2 of the people involved in the incident (one from the alley and one from the rail) are both named Josh.

Police reports generally support whatever action the cops choose to take. For example, there could have been a dozen witnesses there that saw the bouncer take aggressive action against Purify but sense the bouncer wasn't arrested the cops would never put the other witnesses in the report.

Fine and probation, plus one missed game. Purify will be back for WF.

The guy didn't strike Mo. He tried unsuccessfully to get Mo off of him. Mo was on top of this guy and choking him when the girl intervened and he then struck her.

Thats why he wasn't arrested. He was attacked and never hit Mo according to witnesses which police put in the report.

The police did take witness information.

Now had Mo left after they kicked him out of the bar after the fight... we might not of heard anything about this. But nooooo he hangs aroung trying to get back in, once trying to scale the beer garden fence (there's your tresspassing charge) so the bar calls the police in. Takes 4 cops to handcuff him.

Sounds like more than a 1 game suspension to me. He did more than LP did and LP missed most of the season. Lets see... legally drunk. Disburbing the peace (dunno if he was charged this but he cussed out anyone and everyone around that night), assaults not 1 but 2 ppl, refuses to leave, resists arrest. LP just pushed his ex against wall and dragged her down the stairs by her hair. He might have a couple witnesses in his corner but versus how many for the county including police?

This isn't like he threw a plastic cup this time...

If Callahan doesn't rid our team of these bad actors when they rear their ugly head it will be more proof that we are living in a time warp in slow motion as the rest of college football passes us by.

God I wish we had a real professional sports team (other than KC, Chicago or Denver) to distract us. This is ridiculous. Agendas? Conflicting affidavits? Racially driven? Give me a break....he's a big deal, but this isn't OJ Simpson and 2 dead white people we're talking about here.

Huh? LP didn't strike her. He had her up against the wall with a choke hold and then drug her down some stairs by her hair. Even Scott Frost reported he didn't strike her.

What? Hitting a girl is A LOT worse than dragging her down the stairs by her hair? I guess I missed the day in school when they said "Its okay to drag a girl down the stairs after choking her, just as long as you don't 'strike' her." :w00t

Perhaps he was Posting While Intoxicated.

Yeah, it was some sort of affidavit, where it (like you said) only tells one side of the story. I just want to get this crap over with and move on, get to the practices, the games, let's go...I'm tired of it!

Yeah, let's just sweep this under the rug real quick like. We don't want it to interfere with the football season or anything.

I say there are too many witnesses saying things that dispute it and he deserves to have all the facts come out before anything is done.

What exactly are these witnesses saying happened then? I'm hearing a lot about "facts" that have yet to come out, but I'm not seeing them. In the meantime I'll call BS.

And how do you know there are more witnesses to back his side? Reading it on the internet? Only place I've seen of these so called witnesses.

Did he or not break team rules?!?!!!! We don't need to go to court to establish this.

Sheesh police show up and they see him being beligerent and still trying to get back in to fight some more. So he gets arrested. He gets punished for that alone. Doesn't he? Forget who started what and who threw what punch. You are drunk in public, fighting and resisting arrest. I rest my case.

Thank you. As far as I'm concerned, he's proven himself guilty of poor judgement, and that alone justifies an immediate indefinite suspension.

And how do you know there are more witnesses to back his side? Reading it on the internet? Only place I've seen of these so called witnesses.

Did he or not break team rules?!?!!!! We don't need to go to court to establish this.

Sheesh police show up and they see him being beligerent and still trying to get back in to fight some more. So he gets arrested. He gets punished for that alone. Doesn't he? Forget who started what and who threw what punch. You are drunk in public, fighting and resisting arrest. I rest my case.

Thank you. As far as I'm concerned, he's proven himself guilty of poor judgement, and that alone justifies an immediate indefinite suspension.

out of curiosity, what would be the point in suspending him now? it's the summer. you're saying he doesn't have to go to work outs? he doesn't have to go to conditioning?

imo, it's not much punishment to take these thigns away from him. i don't see the point.

I think nothing should be done to him, until he's PROVEN guilty. He is technically innocent. Remember, "Innocent until proven guilty". HE should be allowed to practice and what not, but when the verdict comes out, then the suspensions should come into play depending on what exactly the verdict is. It could go up to kicking him off the team. But suspension from games, is A LOT of punishment for someone who basically has FULL INTENTIONS of playing the NFL. He's then labeled with "Character issues", and loses much needed experience, and playing time to accumulate stats, for scouts to even sneeze at him.

out of curiosity, what would be the point in suspending him now? it's the summer. you're saying he doesn't have to go to work outs? he doesn't have to go to conditioning?

imo, it's not much punishment to take these thigns away from him. i don't see the point.

You're absolutely right, it will affect him very little at this point. But it still sends the right message to the rest of the team, and it also acknowledges the seriousness of the situation. It's a no-brainer IMO.

I think nothing should be done to him, until he's PROVEN guilty. He is technically innocent. Remember, "Innocent until proven guilty". HE should be allowed to practice and what not, but when the verdict comes out, then the suspensions should come into play depending on what exactly the verdict is.

I don't know how old you are, but someday you'll realize everyday life doesn't work like a criminal courtroom.

But suspension from games, is A LOT of punishment for someone who basically has FULL INTENTIONS of playing the NFL. He's then labeled with "Character issues", and loses much needed experience, and playing time to accumulate stats, for scouts to even sneeze at him.

I'm not exactly sure where you're going with this, but if you're saying he deserves leniency because he has NFL potential I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you.

strictly speaking for myself, assuming most of the charges are true, i would recommend at least a 3 game suspension from the upcoming regular season play and a ton of community service.

It'll be one game or 3 games. I don't think Callahan can get away with letting him come back just in time for the USC game. He's either out one or out until after 'SC. The media will be all over him if that happens "re-instating a star player for a big game" always draws harsh criticism.