Article about Joe Dailey on SI.com

I wish Joe nothing but the best at North Carolina. I've always liked Joe and how he tried to maintain a positive attitude during the 2004 season. Unfortunately, he's just not cut out to play QB in a pro style offense of any kind. Now he could probably run a more run based offense with simplistic passing routes and what not, but pro style no. I wish him the best at his transition to WR. He used to be quite a fleet footer in 2003, but seemed to have lost it in 2004. I hope he can find it again.

Not that Joe Dailey reads these boards or anyone who knows him reads them. But still I offer my apologies. I was shamefully one of those fans that would yell at him in disgust in '04. Knowing full well that he was not brought up, trained or prepared to play that style of offense.....I still blamed him for much of that which went wrong. Sorry Joe, you were just the spotlight guy who was caught in the middle. You were asked to do things that you could not do (not that you weren't mentally or physically incapable...you were and are just a different type of player.) Would have been interesting how see how he would have turned out as a COLLEGE QB if he was able to run an option or run-based offense.

I guess I was unaware of how much more he went through at UNC. Coaching and style changes have surrounded him his entire career.

I hope he does not end up as a backup. I'd love to see (or hear since we probably won't see many UNC games) him on the field as a starter. I hope he can play with a spark. I hope he can go out with a bang. Play on the next level.....probably not. He's had so much stacked up against him for 4+ years that likely no matter what he does as a WR....nobody will give him a 2nd thought.

Enjoy your final season Joe...and good luck.

Well said...well said.

I hope Davis sees that he still can throw the ball, just not every down and not always with pinpoint accuracy. So, use him like an Antwan Randle El or even Ronald Curry. WRs that were QBs once. They make for GREAT trick plays.

Joe Dailey may be the saltiest 23 yo I have ever met.

He has been through alot and continues to hang in there.

I think Sanders is right, he would have been a good one under TO

I could never blame him for the 04 season, it's like blaming a saw for not being a good hammer.

I still say his running out of bounds on his last play as a Husker rather than diving for the endzone pretty much sealed his fate at Nebraska. That was worse than leading the nation in interceptions.

I don't remember that play. I take it was against CU??

Intentional memeroy loss of 04 I guess

I still say his running out of bounds on his last play as a Husker rather than diving for the endzone pretty much sealed his fate at Nebraska. That was worse than leading the nation in interceptions.

I don't remember that play. I take it was against CU??

Intentional memeroy loss of 04 I guess

Southern Miss. It was fourth down and goal and he was scrambling to his right. It was the perfect opportunity for him to put the team on his back and carry it to victory in one play but he decided to run out of bounds. I still wish him the best at NC but he lost all my respect with that one play.

I saw him play against Georgia Tech while ordering gamplan to see us play A & M and it was more of the same crap while he was here. 3 & out almost every series in a 0-7 defeat. He was throwing most plays and never came close to his receivers. Another great Solich recruit, good riddens...

I saw him play against Georgia Tech while ordering gamplan to see us play A & M and it was more of the same crap while he was here. 3 & out almost every series in a 0-7 defeat. He was throwing most plays and never came close to his receivers. Another great Solich recruit, good riddens...

Yes a Solich recruit, but he actually ran Solich's offense (not the hardest thing in the book) pretty well...at least from what we saw in 2003. So I wouldn't say he was a bust per se or anything like that. More so, wrong fit after Solich was gone.

"The thing I love about the receiver position -- there's absolutely no thinking behind it," he says. "I'll leave practice after playing wide receiver and not be tired. When I played QB, I'd be mentally exhausted."

The true heart of a champion...

Tom