REMATCH!

turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. us--less them--more plus a turn over for points either way--i think this is the difference cuz crowd noise and revenge will equal out their talent gap---if there is one

big games are decided by mistakes i think

I hate to say this with all of my husker friends on here but USC will win by 3 td's. They're loaded. Even better than last year.

:hellloooo

Yeah...UT should've done the same thing last year...oops, they almost lost, should've lost. :blink: Booty will face the loudest and most hostile crowd he's ever faced. I agree with the poster who said this game should be late, because a cold, snowy game is definitely pro-NU. But regardless, it won't be easy for him, make no mistake. This is Callahan's game to shine...he may have been too conservative last year, but with a home crowd this year, it is time to pull all the stops.

I hate to say this with all of my husker friends on here but USC will win by 3 td's. They're loaded. Even better than last year.

Yeah...UT should've done the same thing last year...oops, they almost lost, should've lost. :blink: Booty will face the loudest and most hostile crowd he's ever faced. I agree with the poster who said this game should be late, because a cold, snowy game is definitely pro-NU. But regardless, it won't be easy for him, make no mistake. This is Callahan's game to shine...he may have been too conservative last year, but with a home crowd this year, it is time to pull all the stops.

Perhaps you have never been to Oregon. That's a loud nasty place. Besides, you guys have great traditional uniforms. Imagine the distraction we have of grappling with one of those Ducks in those hidious uniforms! :lol:

I think the key to the game will be your O-line. If they can protect Keller, Keller can kill you in the pocket. If Keller has to run from us like at ASU in 2005, I'm afraid JGS30 is right.

I'd feel more confident in the outcome if the game were played later in the season. For those who think Keller's going to be strong from the very beginning, I must ask how many pro QB's who switch teams start strong from the word go? He has a new team, different receivers, new scheme etc. I think the game primarily hangs on his shoulders and his performance. If he's a little off, we're gonna lose. If he plays lights out, we have a good shot.

the thing is the scheme the playbook aren't new he's played with these recievers and running backs a year year and a half so I think and it's not all on him if we win or not if we can't run the ball we will be reliant on him to win but if we do run the ball decently it will open things up for him it all starts with the running game

You apparently forgot about Arizona State during the 1996 season. Frost had been here a year and played with all the fellows. If it's so easy, why did Aaron Taylor snap the ball past Frost's head while he was checking off into the end zone? Practice will only take you so far. It's game time experience where the men from the boys are separated. I'd give us a lot better chance of winning the game if it were the 6th or 7th game of the season rather than the third.

Oregon...hmm...they're planning on going D-I soon, right? ;) I guess OU knows they are.

DISCLAIMER> Very Important! Everyone knows OU got screwed vs. Oregon!

Oh...no one cares. Oh well.

Everyone knows OU got screwed its not just a Big 12 thing, but no one knows what that has to do with my post. Also, the topic was crowd noise. If you think USC is intimidated by noise, you are naive'. Auburn. Do you think they are D-I and quiet? Arkansas. Do you think they are D-I and quiet? Va Tech. Do you think they are D-I and quiet? Nebraska 2007?

Oregon...hmm...they're planning on going D-I soon, right? ;) I guess OU knows they are.

Everyone knows OU got screwed its not just a Big 12 thing, but no one knows what that has to do with my post. Also, the topic was crowd noise. If you think USC is intimidated by noise, you are naive'. Auburn. Do you think they are D-I and quiet? Arkansas. Do you think they are D-I and quiet? Va Tech. Do you think they are D-I and quiet? Nebraska 2007?

Well, here ya go. Auburn. Last I checked, you didn't play Auburn in 2006, 2005, 2004...so what are you trying to say? So they beat us last year, boy, that's a nice shot, considering it was a bowl game...So how do you compare the crowd noise on that one? I'm thinking that's what you were getting at. Arkansas...you're really serious? Really? I hope not. I'm sure they have lots of interesting noise in that state, but most of it is illegal in the U.S. But wow, they're a great program with a great coach...probably why their QB is jetting to your school. Va Tech...nice campus, terrific dog-fighting school (oops, wrong Vick), not much of a team. Maybe you should focus on your own bearingly bad backyard. It's ok...your rival made it to a bowl game, thanks to you...aren't you happy for them? How loud was it at your weak opponent's stadium that resides in the same city? I'm sure the crowd noise was what took out USC.

Well, here ya go. Auburn. Last I checked, you didn't play Auburn in 2006, 2005, 2004...so what are you trying to say? So they beat us last year, boy, that's a nice shot, considering it was a bowl game...So how do you compare the crowd noise on that one? I'm thinking that's what you were getting at. Arkansas...you're really serious? Really? I hope not. I'm sure they have lots of interesting noise in that state, but most of it is illegal in the U.S. But wow, they're a great program with a great coach...probably why their QB is jetting to your school. Va Tech...nice campus, terrific dog-fighting school (oops, wrong Vick), not much of a team. Maybe you should focus on your own bearingly bad backyard. It's ok...your rival made it to a bowl game, thanks to you...aren't you happy for them? How loud was it at your weak opponent's stadium that resides in the same city? I'm sure the crowd noise was what took out USC.

I apologize. I assumed since you were a Husker fan you were knowledgeable and could stay on topic. :sarcasm Once again, the Oregon reference was about crowd noise at their place. The Auburn reference, had nothing to do with your game last year, once again, the topic is crowd noise. We beat Auburn at Auburn, not a bowl game. But, I have learned something from you. Our record of winning 65 of the last 72 games and two national championships was because of the lack of our opponents' crowd noise. Thanks. I was wondering what was the cause of those humiliating defeats averaging 4.3 points per loss. :sarcasm

I for one am looking forward to the game next September. Two great programs, great traditions, strong clubs, in a game that is very big for both teams. My favorite team against my second favorite team. If we loose, I couldn't think of anyone I would rather lose to.

I apologize. I assumed since you were a Husker fan you were knowledgeable and could stay on topic. :sarcasm Once again, the Oregon reference was about crowd noise at their place. The Auburn reference, had nothing to do with your game last year, once again, the topic is crowd noise. We beat Auburn at Auburn, not a bowl game. But, I have learned something from you. Our record of winning 65 of the last 72 games and two national championships was because of the lack of our opponents' crowd noise. Thanks. I was wondering what was the cause of those humiliating defeats averaging 4.3 points per loss. :sarcasm

I for one am looking forward to the game next September. Two great programs, great traditions, strong clubs, in a game that is very big for both teams. My favorite team against my second favorite team. If we loose, I couldn't think of anyone I would rather lose to.

he's kinda got you there foppa....... well anyways nebraskas crowd noise isn't what it used to be and we should all be able to agree with that.....all those bluehairs aren't the loudest people in the world

Well, glad USC fans can't stay on topic either. Trojan, I have no idea why you're bringing up Oregon and crowd noise, the only comment I made was about the OU/UO game last year and OU getting screwed. Had nothing to do with noise or USC. Nice try, though. Why would I care how loud Oregon is...NU doesn't play them.

My comment about Auburn was, you haven't played them in the last 3 years. You beat them 4...I'll spell it out...'four' years ago. Your failure to pick up on that to quickly 'insert your sarcasm here' shows you are more about knocking people down who question you than understand what is actually being brought to your attention. Because you couldn't include anything USC/Auburn related in that time period, I had to guess you wanted to discuss NU's game last year. However, I wasn't including your victory before that time because my relevancy of college football for a team that is on the west coast playing an SCC team, either one I could care less about, has a shelf-life of about two years' max. So sorry if I am not reading about Pete Carroll's hometown, Reggie Bush's parent's new house, or the life as a DE for the Trojans in the 1960's.

If you really want to talk about winning percentages and back-to-back National Titles...well, you're preaching to the choir, my friend. And Westgate, before you become a Trojan-hugger, pay attention to the thread, please.

There is hope for you though, Trojan, if you are a Tarheel b-ball fan...that is my guilty pleasure...I love Tarheel basketball...maybe we can share warm fuzzies that way. :clap

Well, glad USC fans can't stay on topic either. Trojan, I have no idea why you're bringing up Oregon and crowd noise, the only comment I made was about the OU/UO game last year and OU getting screwed. Had nothing to do with noise or USC. Nice try, though. Why would I care how loud Oregon is...NU doesn't play them.

My comment about Auburn was, you haven't played them in the last 3 years. You beat them 4...I'll spell it out...'four' years ago. Your failure to pick up on that to quickly 'insert your sarcasm here' shows you are more about knocking people down who question you than understand what is actually being brought to your attention. Because you couldn't include anything USC/Auburn related in that time period, I had to guess you wanted to discuss NU's game last year. However, I wasn't including your victory before that time because my relevancy of college football for a team that is on the west coast playing an SCC team, either one I could care less about, has a shelf-life of about two years' max. So sorry if I am not reading about Pete Carroll's hometown, Reggie Bush's parent's new house, or the life as a DE for the Trojans in the 1960's.

If you really want to talk about winning percentages and back-to-back National Titles...well, you're preaching to the choir, my friend. And Westgate, before you become a Trojan-hugger, pay attention to the thread, please.

There is hope for you though, Trojan, if you are a Tarheel b-ball fan...that is my guilty pleasure...I love Tarheel basketball...maybe we can share warm fuzzies that way. :clap

The Oregon comments that trojan made were directed towards the post that went like this, in addition to the other talk about how usc doesn't play in any hostile environments:

Booty will face the loudest and most hostile crowd he's ever faced.

So stop ragging eh?

Forgive me for beating a dead horse on crowd noise here, but uhhh if you want to talk about our crowd noise the best reference points would be the teams that did in fact beat us at home right? On that point what are their stadiums like, are they used Memorial or is that level of noise during plays something one get used to? On a different point if the blue hairs in the stands would just learn to scream at the right times during the game that help out, that alone would be tremendous? Such as fourth and 1's, field goals etc etc.. In your opinions what would be some of the worst places to play being a visiting team? We are way up on the list, but i imagine that USC has one hell of a cheering section, and i bet Michigan is loud as hell having that many seats, but where else.