REMATCH!

Well, glad USC fans can't stay on topic either. Trojan, I have no idea why you're bringing up Oregon and crowd noise, the only comment I made was about the OU/UO game last year and OU getting screwed. Had nothing to do with noise or USC. Nice try, though. Why would I care how loud Oregon is...NU doesn't play them.

My comment about Auburn was, you haven't played them in the last 3 years. You beat them 4...I'll spell it out...'four' years ago. Your failure to pick up on that to quickly 'insert your sarcasm here' shows you are more about knocking people down who question you than understand what is actually being brought to your attention. Because you couldn't include anything USC/Auburn related in that time period, I had to guess you wanted to discuss NU's game last year. However, I wasn't including your victory before that time because my relevancy of college football for a team that is on the west coast playing an SCC team, either one I could care less about, has a shelf-life of about two years' max. So sorry if I am not reading about Pete Carroll's hometown, Reggie Bush's parent's new house, or the life as a DE for the Trojans in the 1960's.

If you really want to talk about winning percentages and back-to-back National Titles...well, you're preaching to the choir, my friend. And Westgate, before you become a Trojan-hugger, pay attention to the thread, please.

There is hope for you though, Trojan, if you are a Tarheel b-ball fan...that is my guilty pleasure...I love Tarheel basketball...maybe we can share warm fuzzies that way. :clap

The Oregon comments that trojan made were directed towards the post that went like this, in addition to the other talk about how usc doesn't play in any hostile environments:

Booty will face the loudest and most hostile crowd he's ever faced.

So stop ragging eh?

Hey USC fan of Memorial Stadium...care to share where in this thread Trojan quoted that? And when did I say that USC has never played in a hostile environment?? Tell me that and I'll stop 'ragging' on your fellow Trojan fan. :rolleyes: And yes, I know who said it, and comparing Oregon to Nebraska is apples to oranges. But being the 'landlord' of a place that HAS been home to National Champions, you should know that.

Well, glad USC fans can't stay on topic either. Trojan, I have no idea why you're bringing up Oregon and crowd noise, the only comment I made was about the OU/UO game last year and OU getting screwed. Had nothing to do with noise or USC. Nice try, though. Why would I care how loud Oregon is...NU doesn't play them.

My comment about Auburn was, you haven't played them in the last 3 years. You beat them 4...I'll spell it out...'four' years ago. Your failure to pick up on that to quickly 'insert your sarcasm here' shows you are more about knocking people down who question you than understand what is actually being brought to your attention. Because you couldn't include anything USC/Auburn related in that time period, I had to guess you wanted to discuss NU's game last year. However, I wasn't including your victory before that time because my relevancy of college football for a team that is on the west coast playing an SCC team, either one I could care less about, has a shelf-life of about two years' max. So sorry if I am not reading about Pete Carroll's hometown, Reggie Bush's parent's new house, or the life as a DE for the Trojans in the 1960's.

If you really want to talk about winning percentages and back-to-back National Titles...well, you're preaching to the choir, my friend. And Westgate, before you become a Trojan-hugger, pay attention to the thread, please.

There is hope for you though, Trojan, if you are a Tarheel b-ball fan...that ,is my guilty pleasure...I love Tarheel basketball...maybe we can share warm fuzzies that way. :clap

The Oregon comments that trojan made were directed towards the post that went like this, in addition to the other talk about how usc doesn't play in any hostile environments:

So stop ragging eh?

Hey USC fan of Memorial Stadium...care to share where in this thread Trojan quoted that? And when did I say that USC has never played in a hostile environment?? Tell me that and I'll stop 'ragging' on your fellow Trojan fan. :rolleyes: And yes, I know who said it, and comparing Oregon to Nebraska is apples to oranges. But being the 'landlord' of a place that HAS been home to National Champions, you should know that.

I didn't quote it. The Landlord correctly undrstood my reference to it. My response was about USC's "team", not JD Booty. Now, I see where all that stuff about 2006, 2005, 2004, that's four, years ago is what you were referring to.

I think we are maybe misunderstanding each other. I have read numerous other posts you have made, and find you a loyal fan and insightful. But, toward me, you seem hostle. Believe me I don't feel that way toward you. I have been a Nebraska fan since Bob Devaney. I keep saying this; Except for SC, one of the first scores I look for or game on TV I seek is Nebraska. Thats why I am excited about this site.

I am new to this blog stuff for the first time this year. Perhaps I am unaware of protocol, etc. For example, it took me a month to learn how to use a smilie! I am hesitate to use most of them because I don't understand what they all mean, and I fear that I will convey the wrong sentiment.

The reason I didn't use the quote is I don't know how! Thats why I always refer to quotes, and that obviously leads to confusion.

P.S. No, I am not a Tarheel (b-ball) fan, but if you come to North Carolina, I would be happy to show you the Dean Dome. Its just 8 miles from where I live. Duke's Cameron is 2 miles away. The "Tarheel" part of my moniker refers to my home state, North Carolina.

There is hope for you though, Trojan, if you are a Tarheel b-ball fan...that ,is my guilty pleasure...I love Tarheel basketball...maybe we can share warm fuzzies that way. :clap

So stop ragging eh?

I didn't quote it. The Landlord correctly undrstood my reference to it. My response was about USC's "team", not JD Booty. Now, I see where all that stuff about 2006, 2005, 2004, that's four, years ago is what you were referring to.

I think we are maybe misunderstanding each other. I have read numerous other posts you have made, and find you a loyal fan and insightful. But, toward me, you seem hostle. Believe me I don't feel that way toward you. I have been a Nebraska fan since Bob Devaney. I keep saying this; Except for SC, one of the first scores I look for or game on TV I seek is Nebraska. Thats why I am excited about this site.

I am new to this blog stuff for the first time this year. Perhaps I am unaware of protocol, etc. For example, it took me a month to learn how to use a smilie! I am hesitate to use most of them because I don't understand what they all mean, and I fear that I will convey the wrong sentiment.

The reason I didn't use the quote is I don't know how! Thats why I always refer to quotes, and that obviously leads to confusion.

P.S. No, I am not a Tarheel (b-ball) fan, but if you come to North Carolina, I would be happy to show you the Dean Dome. Its just 8 miles from where I live. Duke's Cameron is 2 miles away. The "Tarheel" part of my moniker refers to my home state, North Carolina.

I appreciate you being here and giving your different perspective on things. It's nice to have someone other than a Husker fan give you their perspective on things. :thumbs

So stop ragging eh?

Tarheel, I know you didn't quote it...I did. And I am not hostile towards anyone on here, but I do get passionate, excited, and tend to say stuff that shouldn't be intended as personal, but comes off that way occasionally. That is not my intention. I have been to some of the most hostile stadiums in college football, and still had a good time and had fun with the opponent's fans. The only exception? I'll give you a hint...I used to live in Denver, and a college team just northwest of there has a mascot leaves big cow pies, and their team plays like them. And I will admit when I'm wrong on here, even if it does take a little prodding and info from others on here ;) .

But I'm glad you're on here, there are lots of great posters here, both NU fans and opponents. Not sure why you're a USC and NU fan, but that's your business. Hopefully it will be a great game in a few months!

So stop ragging eh?

Tarheel, I know you didn't quote it...I did. And I am not hostile towards anyone on here, but I do get passionate, excited, and tend to say stuff that shouldn't be intended as personal, but comes off that way occasionally. That is not my intention. I have been to some of the most hostile stadiums in college football, and still had a good time and had fun with the opponent's fans. The only exception? I'll give you a hint...I used to live in Denver, and a college team just northwest of there has a mascot leaves big cow pies, and their team plays like them. And I will admit when I'm wrong on here, even if it does take a little prodding and info from others on here ;) .

But I'm glad you're on here, there are lots of great posters here, both NU fans and opponents. Not sure why you're a USC and NU fan, but that's your business. Hopefully it will be a great game in a few months!

Thanks. Its interesting. I have never been to that school northwest of Denver, but EVERYBODY I talk to says the same thing. Their has to be something to it.

jftr foppa, i don't like USC :P also, i never claimed that you said usc had never played in a hostile environment, nor did i ever say that trojan quoted anything, all i did was point out the reason that he was talking about oregon, to which you couldn't seem to figure out.

GBR

jftr foppa, i don't like USC :P also, i never claimed that you said usc had never played in a hostile environment, nor did i ever say that trojan quoted anything, all i did was point out the reason that he was talking about oregon, to which you couldn't seem to figure out.

GBR

Well, thanks for clearing that up. Again, why do you, or I, or anyone care about his reasoning for talking about Oregon??? My comment was that USC would be facing the most hostile environment. And now you're defending him on how hostile UO is? If I really thought I'd have to be defending myself on the decibel level of a school I know nothing about and could care less about, especially with a Nebraska fan, I wouldn't have even bothered. Well, holy sh*t, I guess I'm stupid, because that makes no sense. But praise Allah on how loud Oregon is, I'm sure that'll come up millions of times when they play NU here. Maybe we should fly in Oregon fans for the NU/USC game, since they have so much significance.

I'm not attacking you, so no need to defend yourself. I am jsut sticking up for the guy when there was a simple misunderstanding and he was getting negative comments because of it. I have no inklink towards how loud UO is, and I don't care. I was just clearing up the situation, so my mistake for stepping in where I wasn't concerned. :)

Just click on the p_quote.gif button and make sure the plus sign on the p_mq_add.gif button is on. If the minus sign is on (p_mq_remove.gif), just click to turn the plus sign on.

To get this thread back on topic, it would be nice if we could play up on USC's receivers to take away the short crap they seem to throw. Also be nice to get in the backfield and knock Booty around a little.

In order to win ,we'll have to play sound football.

ya no j we will have to play are best ball to beat USC personally I think we will have to force a coulple of turnovers to win this game which means like you said knock booty around abit also hopefully are corners and safeties don't get burned every other flippen play

To get this thread back on topic, it would be nice if we could play up on USC's receivers to take away the short crap they seem to throw. Also be nice to get in the backfield and knock Booty around a little.

In order to win ,we'll have to play sound football.

Definetely agree with this. Also, it seemed like last year, even though we lost, we kind of set a gameplan for other schools to copy somewhat the following weeks, and it seemed to work to a certain extent. Small, short yardage plays, with no mistakes. So if we can build on last year's gameplan and make it a little more dynamic and diverse, I think we will have an excellent chance at this game.

Not a USC fan by any means, but they have played in front of hostile crowds just as loud and noisey as they will face in Lincoln.

They play UCLA every year and Notre Dame. But according to all Pac Ten fans, there is nothing like Oregon for noise. So I do not think we will have any more affect on them than any of the major rivals.

I think we have big problems. We lost two DE that were far better than what we have replacing them. They could not penetrate the SC O line last year. Corners are about the same and our LB are about the same. We will have to outscore them to win. We will be hard pressed to shut down their offense. And their recievers will run roughshod over our tiny DB's.

We will need to be spot on and get every break to win this game. And it would help if they have an off day. The skill level is still light years ahead of us.

We have a chance and I will be betting on us to pull this one out, but it will be a miracle if we do, at least that is how I see it at this time. Sorry my Husker glasses are broke. I love them, but we are just not in this league yet.

ya no j we will have to play are best ball to beat USC personally I think we will have to force a coulple of turnovers to win this game which means like you said knock booty around abit also hopefully are corners and safeties don't get burned every other flippen play

Some turnovers will definately help kill any momentum USC has, especially at home. A big sack plus a fumble would just be huge.

Definetely agree with this. Also, it seemed like last year, even though we lost, we kind of set a gameplan for other schools to copy somewhat the following weeks, and it seemed to work to a certain extent. Small, short yardage plays, with no mistakes. So if we can build on last year's gameplan and make it a little more dynamic and diverse, I think we will have an excellent chance at this game.

Almost like how we played Texas last year. Use the short yardage to control the ball and help set up the big plays. Hopefully there will be different result.