REMATCH!

Not a USC fan by any means, but they have played in front of hostile crowds just as loud and noisey as they will face in Lincoln.

They play UCLA every year and Notre Dame. But according to all Pac Ten fans, there is nothing like Oregon for noise. So I do not think we will have any more affect on them than any of the major rivals.

I think we have big problems. We lost two DE that were far better than what we have replacing them. They could not penetrate the SC O line last year. Corners are about the same and our LB are about the same. We will have to outscore them to win. We will be hard pressed to shut down their offense. And their recievers will run roughshod over our tiny DB's.

We will need to be spot on and get every break to win this game. And it would help if they have an off day. The skill level is still light years ahead of us.

We have a chance and I will be betting on us to pull this one out, but it will be a miracle if we do, at least that is how I see it at this time. Sorry my Husker glasses are broke. I love them, but we are just not in this league yet.

skers tells it like it is, don't have to agree with him, but it is a very real assessment of where our program is compared to theirs.......2-3 years from now, may be a different story if recruiting and fruits of that effort are successful. we can all hope for an upset, but it would be huge if it were to happen, as the mismatches are just too great and numerous.

I might add for those that might think this is a knock on the program, nothing could be farther from the truth. I support this program fully and the staff. I just see things, how I truly think they are, not what I want them to be. No one wants them to beat SC more than me. My boss and co manager are both SC graduates. I had to dress up as Tommy Trojan and parade around the office for last years performance. I do not want to do that again this year.

We are making improvements, that is what is important. BC, I think is the right man for the job.

We are making improvements, that is what is important. BC, I think is the right man for the job.

I agree. According to the betting line at Harrah's in Vegas this week, Nebraska was one of only about 15 schools given a realistic probability to reach the BCS championship this year. The odds are 20-1. But Oklahoma was given 15-1 odds, and Texas was 22-1 (I think) By the way, the Big 12 had 3 schools in this group of 15 schools, more than any other conference. The Big 10 and SEC had two each.

Thank you sir, that is really some fantastic information. Not a betting man, so I would never had seen that tid bit.

And if by some chance I have not welcomed you to our board, I would like to do so now.

It is always fun to have the competition voice their thoughts and learn the inside of the other team.

Thank you again.

I agree. According to the betting line at Harrah's in Vegas this week, Nebraska was one of only about 15 schools given a realistic probability to reach the BCS championship this year. The odds are 20-1. But Oklahoma was given 15-1 odds, and Texas was 22-1 (I think) By the way, the Big 12 had 3 schools in this group of 15 schools, more than any other conference. The Big 10 and SEC had two each.

Nice post Tarheel. By the way, everyone seems to think that our DB's are going to get toasted by USC's WR's this year. As I understand, USC is replacing their WR corps (granted with some damn talented highschoool kids), but I always lean towards PT rather talent. How do you think that match up will fare? I'll give the nod to USC based off of size, but new (or fairly new) kids playing in essentially their biggest game will surely get nervous.

As I understand, USC is replacing their WR corps (granted with some damn talented highschoool kids), but I always lean towards PT rather talent. How do you think that match up will fare? I'll give the nod to USC based off of size, but new (or fairly new) kids playing in essentially their biggest game will surely get nervous.

I agree with that emphasis on PT over talent. But when we lost Keshawn Johnson, he was replaced with Mike Williams and Kerry Coury, and they were replaced with Jarret and Smith. Now, I think we just have a level of talent good enough to step in and play at that position.

Here is the way I see it. If you still have those 5'9" DBs, its going to be much of the same. Jarrett (6'5" 215 and Smith (6' 200) have been replaced with faster and more physical Patrick Turner Jr. (6'5" 230) and Vidal Hazelton So. (6'3" 200). Both got considerable playing time last year. Redshirt Freshman David Ausberry (6'5" 215 and Trevon Patterson So. (5'8" 180) will also push for playing time. Despite our big receivers, Patterson had the best Spring practice with two scores of 60 and 80 yards. He is a burner. But, they don't have the go-to experience you would want. They played in some big games last year, so I don't think their is the fear factor. The biggest weakness SC has, other than kicking, is great talented RBs and WR's without clutch time performances. I believe there will be a break out here. If not, it can be a lot tougher for us. Our defense, however, is mindboggling.

By the way, Rivals.Com writer Steve Megargee, has written an article on the 15 best games next season, and the Nebraska - USC game is one of them!

i think a GREAT technique taught, that CAN actually be a game plan, is that if the D-line can't penetrate to get their hands up. get a nice push off the ball, keep your eyes up, and get those meat hooks into the passing lanes. we played a team in college who ONLY threw 3 step drops. they killed everyone. then all week we practiced the art of deflection. we had 4 deflections and two were caught for INT's. isn't potter and those guys like, well over 6'3-6'5? but, yeah. basically me thinks it's all about TURNOVERS against USC.

Some turnovers will definately help kill any momentum USC has, especially at home. A big sack plus a fumble would just be huge.

Don't forget that we have to pick up the fumble. We would have won the Texas game last year had it not been for them falling on 4 of their own fumbles throughout the course of the ball game, with one being at a critical juncture. :(