Nebraska leads the way..(this year)

I'm glad that we are playing better teams out of conference. And it doesn't get any easier as the following years come. Next season and the season after we have Virginia Tech, then Washington in 2010 and 2011, UCLA in 2012 and 2013, and in 2016 and 2017 we have Tennessee.

I can't wait for 2098 when we play Alien University. I don't give much value to teams scheduled 10 years in advance. Look where USC (before Carroll) and Oklahoma (before Stoops) were not too long ago. Nebraska and/or Tennesse could be sub-500 teams by then.

I'm glad that we are playing better teams out of conference. And it doesn't get any easier as the following years come. Next season and the season after we have Virginia Tech, then Washington in 2010 and 2011, UCLA in 2012 and 2013, and in 2016 and 2017 we have Tennessee.

Best thing about Tennessee is its a home-home series for us.

True, I'm really excited about playing VT next year. That should be a great game.

are you serious, Virginia tech is the only decent team on our non-conference schedule for the next few years, plus VTech hasn't even been that good lately

are you serious, Virginia tech is the only decent team on our non-conference schedule for the next few years, plus VTech hasn't even been that good lately

I was thinking the same thing. Not a lot of competition in the next few years, but its hard to constantly fill in the schedule with quality teams every year. Got to love the 2008 schedule though, only 4 road games all year.

VT, Washington, UCLA, and Tennesse are definetly better than playing Troy, Nicholls State, Maine, Western Illinois.

VT, Washington, UCLA, and Tennesse are definetly better than playing Troy, Nicholls State, Maine, Western Illinois.

Nebraska has traditionally scheduled cupcakes in the nonconference and usually 1 big name. USC, Notre Dame, Cal, Iowa, Penn St, Pitt, etc. Ball St. is actually worse than Troy, Troy was a bowl team a year ago.

that is one hard game a year, plus VT hasn't been that good lately, plus who knows what is going to happen in 3 years when we play washington, both teams could have lost all of their games and be in total disaray, it is to far in advance to say that is a really good game. Just looked when we scheduled USC they were barely 500 and we were coming off 3 NCs in 4 years, I bet they didn't think they would be the best program this decade and preseason # 1 and we were coming off of a losing season only three years ago.

that is one hard game a year, plus VT hasn't been that good lately, plus who knows what is going to happen in 3 years when we play washington, both teams could have lost all of their games and be in total disaray, it is to far in advance to say that is a really good game. Just looked when we scheduled USC they were barely 500 and we were coming off 3 NCs in 4 years, I bet they didn't think they would be the best program this decade and preseason # 1 and we were coming off of a losing season only three years ago.

I'm not saying any of those teams will be good by the time we play them. I'm just saying it looks better to be playing VT or UCLA or Tennessee than saying we are playing Maine this week, or Nicholls State. Just the name recoginition is better.