S D'Anton Lynn

Player: D'Anton Lynn

Hometown: Celina, TX

Position: S

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 177 lbs.

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date: 7/27/07

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arkansas, UCLA, Texas Tech, Okie State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State, Louisville, North Texas, Florida, USC

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Athlete that plays QB in HS but projects as a S in college. From Scout good article here http://recruiting.scout.com/2/648890.html

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Early leader may be Arkie. Also likes Ohio State but has not received an offer (was impressed by Ohio State spring game). Game day visit would bode well for us but Lynn may be committed before football season. “I am trying to keep it open to all of my choices right now,” Lynn said. “I would like to have a decision before the start of my senior season.”

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

he has a lot of big teams after him. He obviously has some major potential, just getting him to visit was a victory..... that usually is half the battle, If we could get him in on an official that would be huge, he would get to see lincoln's REAL atmosphere.

Yes it would, who could say no to that?

Latest from Husker Journal:

AUGUST 10, 2007. PREP STAR

D’ANTON LYNN, safety, from Celina, Texas has offers from Penn State, USC, Florida, Arkansas, Louisville, Nebraska and Texas Tech.

“I’ll probably take three or four officials before I commit.” said Lynn.

“I’ve been to Nebraska and really like Coach Callahan he coached in the pros.” he said, “Coach Bush is my recruiter, and is a real cool guy. Nebraska’s facilities are new, the weight room and locker room.”

“Nebraska has sold out all their home games since 1962, football is first there. Nebraska said they would start me out at corner first, then once I bulk up, they would move me to free safety.”

“I went to USC camp and really liked it.” said Lynn, “I like the way they coach there. Their (USC) practices are a lot of fun, coaches have a lot of energy. Practices are very competitive."

“Ken Norton Jr. is my recruiter at SC. It’s hard to turn them down, with all those national championships. Los Angeles is a nice place to live, the beaches and skiing up north.”

“I went to Texas Tech, it was nice,” he said, “My parents went to school there. Texas Tech coaches told me I could play early. Tech has a real nice weight room and the dorms are good."

“Lubbock is a six hour drive, but a 45 minute flight. I really like Coach Leach, he knows his stuff, perfectionist.”

“I like Florida.” said Lynn, “I use to live in Jacksonville and have family there. I would consider Florida for a visit. Florida wants me to play cornerback.”

“I like Brian Norwood (Penn State) he said, “I went to camp there and really liked it. I felt comfortable with the coaches at Penn State. They have a huge stadium and the academics are great. Penn State wants me as a slot back and corner.”

“Coach David Lee (Arkansas) is a nice guy, my dad is good friends with him. I met a lot of the players there. I like the location (Fayetteville). Arkansas will probably be the first school I will visit.”

• 2 months later...